How much time do you get to relax?

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my LO is 18 months, I go to college 3 days a week and work the full weekend. I don't get home from college til 5.30 after 4 buses with LO ( which can be challenging). I then get her fed, berthed and put to bed. I then make myself and OH dinner, get everyone's clothes ready for the next day then get myself showered. I go to bed and sit and do any college work I have and then go to sleep. On my days off I catch up on housework. LO Dad works a 45 hour week so isn't around much and his days off are usually days I am at college and LO is at nursery.

I don't grudge any of this but I rarely see my friends or family any more, OH and I never do anything together like go for dinner etc like we used to, and we never do anything as a family.

I don't know if I am doing too much or if this is normal life?! Now that it's getting near winter and darker I'm starting to feel a bit down about it all.

Thanks for reading

:hugs:

It sounds like you are doing a lot... how long is your course? If you focus on when that side of things will be finished, maybe you can look forward to changing work hours to fit in more with when OH is off and you can spend more time together. Does he help much around the house? Because though he is working long hours so are you! My DH works long hours too but he does help out at home.

We don't get out much or anything but part of that is because we live far out of town.

xx

I'm in the first year of a 2 year course and if I go onto degree level it will take me 4 years which fits in with LO starting school so is kinda perfect.

Yeah he helps but I do most of it and have LO all the time (again, not that I grudge is but she's at crazy age lol)

I think I maybe need to look at giving up work. The two extra days would be beneficial.

Yeah if you can afford to give up work whilst you study it would free up time. There's only so much you can do... I am studying and whilst extra income would be very useful, we manage on DH's wage as it'd just be so stressful me fitting in work as well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->