How often do you rest during the day??

jw1555

Reaction score
Ok so now I'm 32 weeks. I still work full time and have been utterly exhausted during the week. This week the exhaustion has really taken it's toll and I've found that this weekend I ended up having to spend the afternoons in bed sleeping. I'm off work today and despite only having walked to the gps and had a long lay in I'm now back in bed ready for another sleep. I normally hate sleeping during the day! I'm due to start my mat leave in 2 weeks so was wondering, how often do you all rest or sleep during the day?

Sleep - never

Rest - almost never!

Im a single parent to a 3.5yr old and a 13mth old. I dont get a chance to rest lol. Once they are on bed at night I put my feet up but I very rarely get to sit for more than a couple if minutes during the day. We go out all the time as we all get wound up being stuck in the house. On the rare day that my eldest takes a nap, I do relax and watch tv for a bit but im usually doing housework!

They keep me on my toes, thats for sure!

I sometimes fall asleep on the sofa in the afternoon but only for a few minutes.. My youngest makes sure I stay awake! Lol. Growing a human is definitely tiring!

Still working full time at a desk job, so my days aren't too physically demanding. I get sleepy in the afternoon and have stopped walking my dog in the evening so I have enough energy to make dinner. After that I'm on the couch for the evening.

Every body is different. I was definitely more tired depending on growth spurts and hormone spikes. But I still feel a little better than first trimester or the beginning of third trimester.

Sometimes I take naps on the weekends, but not because I'm more tired than I ever was before... It's because I now have an excuse that even I can accept.

I felt fatigued again at the beginning of third tri, but not as bad as first tri (because that was MISERABLE), but am back to feeling almost as good as second tri, when I wouldn't have known I was pregnant except for the belly. I'm 35 weeks and change now

I looked after my nephew for 2 hrs last week and was even more exhausted, I'm in awe of all you ladies looking after your other babies whilst so heavily pregnant!! I'm thinking maybe I'm just a bit run down this weekend and that's why I've had to nap and rest so often as usually even though I feel tired I don't nap during the day, the only time I have was in the first tri! I just keep counting down the next 2 weeks for mat leave to start!!

Pregnancy can definitely be exhausting. I've gone through bouts of pure fatigue thus pregnancy that can be borderline debilitating. I take care of my two year old all day, every day but am very lucky that he still takes a two hour nap! I use that time religiously to lie down, do my hypnobirthing and rest/nap. Very grateful for that time of day and couldn't function with out it!

I have a really hard time sleeping during the day, but do rest very often. My kids are in school now and I'm not working so it's just me and the dogs during the day. Doc thinks the more rest the better as we round out third trimester, so I do my duty and put in plenty of veg time. If you can, it never hurts! :thumbup:

Not all that often, I like to get my daughter out the house otherwise we both get bored and fed up, by the end of the day though my back starts to hurt and I feel so tired!

I'm under strict orders by OH today that I've got to have a chill out day on the sofa and I'm not allowed out :haha: I'm doing good so far ;)

Rest?!?

What is this thing called rest you talk of? Lol

With a 4 year old and 2.5 year old I get some sleep (emphasis on some) at night and zero rest during the days! Lol.

I'm just over 37 weeks and I'm sooooo looking forward to going in for my c section in 2 weeks so I get a bit of 'rest' while the baby sleeps and I don't have 2 other kids to run around after. Even if it's just the one night, that's one night more than I'll get being at home!

X

I'm 32 weeks now. Can't rest much as do school run (mile eacheck way plus back again) and my 4.5 yr old very rarely sleeps through the night and work every day. She's often up at least twice. However I start maternity later this week. It will be a breeze with dd at school andno work! I fully intend to rest during the day while she's gone (but have a list of things to do so will do those)

I'm on iron supplements as my iron was low so if you're that tired might be worth asking for iron check

I don't ever sleep during the day, and lately I don't sleep much during the night. I work full time and will be workingr until baby is here. I am definitely not as productive at work especially on those days when I didn't get much sleep the previous night. I am just waiting for baby now and will sleep after that.. At least I think I will!

I started becoming more and more exhausted around 30 weeks, and I spent most of my weekends (saturday evening and sunday) sleeping/napping.

During the week, it was much harder as I was at work, I'd go to bed around 9, when before pregnancy I'd be up until 1 or so.

Now, as of today, I'm on modified bed rest. Not sure how that will affect my exhaustion since I can't work, and that seemed to be the cause of my exhaustion. Wasn't expecting doctor to tell me, I couldn't work anymore as I was planning on working up until I had baby.

Thanks for the suggestion about the iron tablets, I'll def ask my doc.
I cannot wait until maternity leave! My work days are currently 13 hours long with commuting so I've probably been working myself at but too hard as well, just 9 days left of working phew!

I don't ever sleep during the day, and lately I don't sleep much during the night. I work full time and will be workingr until baby is here. I am definitely not as productive at work especially on those days when I didn't get much sleep the previous night. I am just waiting for baby now and will sleep after that.. At least I think I will!

same!! I work full time and have a 7 yrs old and an 11yr old. I leave the house at 6:30am and return home between 5-7pm depending on the day. At home its dinner, dishes, some laundry while sitting at the couch for about 30min-an hour the bed but no sleep in bed! I can't sleep at night (heartburn,uncomfortable,hot,then cold, you name it it bothers me at night)
no rest in daytime til the weekend and then unusually spend Sunday afternoons napping!! The best sleep all week!
I teach 1st grade (6 year olds) so I'm up and going a lot but thankfully I have a student teacher working with me who has recently begun to pick up some teaching responsibilities. However sometimes its more work than help cause in essence I'm teaching her while I'm teaching the kids!.

I rest when I can. Not that my two year old let's me very much. Though he still does nap so I try to when he does. How tired I am during the day depends greatly on how good I slept at night. Between son waking up (DH starting to help with this), heartburn, and hip pain sleep doesn't always come easy at night. So I live for his nap times.

It's def the heartburn keeping me awake at the moment, if I'm not up in the night for a wee at least twice then I'm also up for more gaviscon!

The heartburn is horrible! I had never had it before pregnancy and did not know how bad it was. I have been having it since late second trimester but it was during the day only. The last two weeks it is happening at night too and makes it even harder to sleep!
Chewing gum stops it but I can't be chewing gum while sleeping!

The heartburn is horrible! I had never had it before pregnancy and did not know how bad it was. I have been having it since late second trimester but it was during the day only. The last two weeks it is happening at night too and makes it even harder to sleep!
Chewing gum stops it but I can't be chewing gum while sleeping!

I never realised how bad heartburn was!! It's awful at night and keeps me up for hours. I got a huge bottle of gaviscon from the GP, it's helping abit but not much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->