• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How old is your OH??

I am 26, my husband is 41. His age is primarily the reason why we decided to not wait any longer to have babies ( we've been married for 8 years).

He doesn't look a year older than 28 and is in a great shape and health ( he's vegan), so I don't care about what anyone thinks about his age in terms of being a first time father. He's going to rock it!

I am 38 and my hubby is 30. It has never been an issue at all, I guess as we were friends for years first it just never came up.

Hi there :flower:
I am 39 and my OH is 28:winkwink::haha:

I'm 37 and my hubby is also 37... and actually, surprisingly, lol... we've gotten NO grief about our age. IF someone ever made a rude comment about it though, I'd just let them know HOW happy we are and how I have NO regrets cause it happened for me when I was ready and I'm in a wonderful marriage and we tried very hard for this... besides, life doesn't always happen when we plan it :) And nothing wrong with that!!!

We also have a 13yr old (14 in June) kiddo in our house already... so big gap between kids. LOL. But we are happy about that too and so is she!!! She finally get's to experience being a big sis :) And I'm so happy we are able to give her that.

My husband keeps getting grief about this pregnancy due to his age. I am 35 and he is 51.

So, how old is your OH and do they get criticism for being an expectant father??

Hi

My OH is 48, nearly 49 and I am a couple of weeks off 38! J has two girls from his previous marriage who are 20 & 18 yrs old - he has bravely decided for us to have a LO (or two) even though most men in his position are starting to relax as their children start to find their own way in life - financially and emotionally - lol!!

I don't think he has had anyone make any direct comments to him but I know he finds it hard sometimes at scans and anti-natal classes etc when he is the oldest Dad there. Mind you I am the oldest Mum at the classes too. :dohh: I just hope he never experiences anyone asking how old his grandchild is - as a colleague of mine did. :nope: I can't imagine why anyone would make a negative comment - your poor OH - people can be very ignorant and thoughtless! He should just remain proud - he has a lovely younger lady in his life and a LO on the way - b*llocks to what anyone thinks!!

My only real regret at having left it so long is that I have found it very hard physically - and am sure if I was ten years younger it would have been a tad easier - oh well !!

well ive got a toy boy 26, im 41! nobody has said anything which is good., were happy and thats what counts eh:):blush:

well ive got a toy boy 26, im 41! nobody has said anything which is good., were happy and thats what counts eh:):blush:

snap hun!!! :haha: he's 27 in July though and he conned me into thinking he was much older when I met him. He has to ask ME how old he is cos he keeps forgetting!

I'm sure some people say things but I've never heard them and, to be honest, you'd put him much older and me much younger so it doesn't bother me.

I am 40 and OH is 29! :blush:

It doesnt matter how old you are as long as you are happy :happydance:

I will be 38 hubby will be 45 - we are happily married - and are looking forward to our first and last baby - everyone says to me I bet you have another - but I don't think I could go through all the stress and worry involved in pregnancy (at a later age), we have always said that we will be able to handle 1 between us comfortably rather than struggling physically, mentally and financially with 2. Me and hubby have always been very selfish about our lifestyles and going out and holidays etc. we always said that if a baby happens then it will be a miracle and a gift to us if not then we will continue to have a great life (sort of compensation) going on holidays and driving nice cars etc not that it compares but a sort of compensation. We have already altered our lifestyles, sports car is currently on auto trader and we will get a mummy/baby friendly car in return - we have already booked next years holiday which will be a cruise from southampton - where the bubba will be 9 months old as we won't want to do airports - but we always said that the baby lives around our lives rather than ours revolving around our baby - everyone laughs when i say this (who has children) but I am going to try!!!! xxx

hi hellywelly, we're planning on doing a cruise when baby is 9 months old as well. You'll probably be 10 or so weeks in front me. You'll have to let us know how you get on. We're thinking about getting married onboard as well so don't want to book anything until we've got further on in the pregnancy as the list of people coming has grown to 20 already and we'd need to cancel if we ended up going back to TTC as I would either be too far pregnant or baby wouldn't be old enough. Hopefully we'll be there in Oct next year sailing into the sunset.

Im 35 and he will be 37 in july. Not had remarks as hardly any knows yet. But we got it with out last daughter even tho i was 33 and he was 35!!

I think i have the largest age gap out of you all im 22 and my OH has just turned 47. Havnt had any funny comments as of yet.

You ve got about the same gap as me , I got together with my oh when I was 22 and he was 48
Now I am 26 and he is 52 (well nearly my birthday is in June adn his in August)
I ve got some comments once but they were from hobos on the train who though that I was 12 and didnt believe me till I showed them my id. lol . They didnt even see my oh otherwise they wouldnt have said so xD
https://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6993/markfeatherbed.jpg

hi hellywelly, we're planning on doing a cruise when baby is 9 months old as well. You'll probably be 10 or so weeks in front me. You'll have to let us know how you get on. We're thinking about getting married onboard as well so don't want to book anything until we've got further on in the pregnancy as the list of people coming has grown to 20 already and we'd need to cancel if we ended up going back to TTC as I would either be too far pregnant or baby wouldn't be old enough. Hopefully we'll be there in Oct next year sailing into the sunset.

Hey Truly_blessed, thats fantastic news. We had always thought about a cruise, as aunty and uncle, mum and dad have always been on at us to go with them, we were always under the impression that a cruise might be a bit boring for us. To be honest, the baby news made our mind up as we thought it must be so much easier to board a ship with the bubba in push chair and for your holiday to start there and then rather than the whole airport ordeal.

We booked so early due to the fact that we all wanted balconies and next to one another and cruises do get booked quite soon. We only booked it last weekend after we had the main scan results, but we are well under the impression that should the very worst happen to us the cruise will still go ahead .... so when we phoned P&O we booked the canaries cruise for June - but June was fully booked .... so it was either may or july - went for the july cruise as thought it would be warmer what with the breeze. I do think that this will be a new way of holidaying and yet so much more expensive but think it will take all of the hassles out of the way - we are even looking at the caribbean cruise the following year from southampton 22 nights .... it comes out at just over 7k lol with a balcony but the canaries is coming out at just under 4k - you will laugh - when we booked it we had to give our bubba a ficticious name - so i said junior lol and gave the EDD as its date of birth - i did say that when the bubba is born will I get charged an 'admin' fee for change of name date of birth etc. the guy on the phone said no - we get this request all the time! A cruise sounds ideal for a bubba - especially when there are lots of people with you - to help out - we can't wait for bubba and cruise xxxxxxxxx

Hey Truly_blessed, thats fantastic news. We had always thought about a cruise, as aunty and uncle, mum and dad have always been on at us to go with them, we were always under the impression that a cruise might be a bit boring for us. To be honest, the baby news made our mind up as we thought it must be so much easier to board a ship with the bubba in push chair and for your holiday to start there and then rather than the whole airport ordeal.

We booked so early due to the fact that we all wanted balconies and next to one another and cruises do get booked quite soon. We only booked it last weekend after we had the main scan results, but we are well under the impression that should the very worst happen to us the cruise will still go ahead .... so when we phoned P&O we booked the canaries cruise for June - but June was fully booked .... so it was either may or july - went for the july cruise as thought it would be warmer what with the breeze. I do think that this will be a new way of holidaying and yet so much more expensive but think it will take all of the hassles out of the way - we are even looking at the caribbean cruise the following year from southampton 22 nights .... it comes out at just over 7k lol with a balcony but the canaries is coming out at just under 4k - you will laugh - when we booked it we had to give our bubba a ficticious name - so i said junior lol and gave the EDD as its date of birth - i did say that when the bubba is born will I get charged an 'admin' fee for change of name date of birth etc. the guy on the phone said no - we get this request all the time! A cruise sounds ideal for a bubba - especially when there are lots of people with you - to help out - we can't wait for bubba and cruise xxxxxxxxx

ooooo we're p&o too. we've been twice on p&o before, once on ventura and last year on azura. we went with DF's family both times and loved it. the first one was the baltics and it was a bit too cold for me but last year was transatlantic crossing to the carribean and we loved it. we've looked at the 24 night southampton- carribean - southampton but it's a bit too long for everyone else to get the hols. the one we're looking at has the option of 14 nights or 22 nights so is ideal for people to choose. you get all your food including as well don't forget and probably have onboard credit so it doesn't work out a lot more expensive to be honest. they've just advertised some 3 night sailings with Russell Watson just before Christmas that I'd love to go one but won't be able to sail that late.

I was looking the other day and they do night nurserys, bottle warming and formula food and jarred food (HIPS organic). It also says they will blend anything from the buffet if preferred so ideal. we'll need to book under an alias for junior as well. the thing is, DF's mum has been pricing things up already and we haven't told anybody about the baby yet so she's not got a price for them. they've also offered to help with the wedding ...... but I know she wants to buy the pram so they might rethink that. I just hope there's availability when we come to book it but we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Oh yes, the reason we were booking a cruise is we put a £400 deposit down on our last cruise to book against any future p&o cruise (you get extra onboard credit as an incentive) and we need to book by Nov this year ::happydance:: xx

I'm 37 and Hubby is 29- this is my round two for marriage, kids etc- lucky him got it right on the first try! Our beautiful twins are 5 weeks old today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->