• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How old is your OH??

I'm 39 and he's 56. I've got 2 and we're trying for his first!

I'm 37 and he is 49.... hes younger than me tho in so many ways!! :)

Physical age: 38 in July. Emotional age: 15 (and I'm being generous)

Haha Ruth....are you sure you've not got my DH?!:haha:

I'm 40 and DH is 55.

When my eldest was at nursery about 7 years ago, she was asked in front of him whether she liked that "grandpa" was picking her up today!!!:growlmad:

The woman was more embaressed than him but I still can't stand her!

Physical age: 38 in July. Emotional age: 15 (and I'm being generous)

Sorry that made me laugh! Your poor OH!

Don't feel too sorry for him. :nope: He's left me because he reckons he can't cope with being a father and doesn't want to keep the child. He's insisting I get a termination. :cry:

WHAT! What happened? Where you not TTC? Are you ok? I thought you were just generally being jokey - not serious - sorry :(

It's ok Storm, absolutely no offence taken. :flower:

I didn't mention it on the other Board; I've only admitted how dire the situation is in the last couple of days and with this group. Apparently he thought that I would never ever conceive and more to the point I'm not the one he wants to be the mother of his children.

ffs! poor him! he'd better grow up then pretty quick. i'm sorry, i'm hormonal and seething for you now that he could say that to you. what a prat. :hugs:

ffs! poor him! he'd better grow up then pretty quick. i'm sorry, i'm hormonal and seething for you now that you could say that to you. what a prat. :hugs:

He takes selfishness to a whole new level! :growlmad:

I will just have to make the best of it. Thanks a lot for your support. :hugs:

ffs! poor him! he'd better grow up then pretty quick. i'm sorry, i'm hormonal and seething for you now that you could say that to you. what a prat. :hugs:

What are you going to do? Are you going to go it alone and see if he changes his mind? :hugs:

What are you going to do? Are you going to go it alone and see if he changes his mind? :hugs:

I don't have any choice.

Well I know its little consolation but we will be here to support you all the way. He may just be scared at the minute and maybe when he gets his head round it his attitude will change? I do feel for you, I think pregnancy can be hard for the men too. Here's hoping he wises up - although you must be hurting really badly at the moment from his words and actions :cry:

I don't have any choice.

Well I know its little consolation but we will be here to support you all the way. He may just be scared at the minute and maybe when he gets his head round it his attitude will change? I do feel for you, I think pregnancy can be hard for the men too. Here's hoping he wises up - although you must be hurting really badly at the moment from his words and actions :cry:

I was numb yesterday but after a sleepless night the enormity of the situation is fully sinking in. I know what you mean about pregnancy being scary for men too however we are both 37 year old adults not 17 year old youngsters barely out of school with nothing to our names. We've been together for almost 2 years - this isn't the result of a one night stand. He was fully aware of the fact that I was keen to start a family and although not on any Fertility medication, I was under the care of the Fertility clinic to monitor my situation. He was quite happy to continue having unprotected sex with me and I was very clear on the fact that there was a chance no matter how small that I could fall pregnant. I was under the impression that he was happy either way which is why I continued. Had I known he felt like this then I would have run for the hills!! So yes, pregnancy is scary for him but this is more to do with how he feels about me and him not being honest. He is hoping that I will miscarry or that I will somehow change my stance and agree to an abortion. Either way I'm carrying an unwanted baby for a man who doesn't really love me and deep down doesn't want to be with me. I am overjoyed because I want a baby more than anything and I'm really happy that my body finally did what it was designed to do but I so didn't want it to be like this! :cry:

Without sounding like I hate all men - sometimes I think they never grow up and they are mostly rather selfish! This baby is on its way whether he wants it or not and at least it will have a mummy that really does want it. Your situation might not be what you have hoped for but I hope your pregnancy goes well and that your little one is truly a blessing to you. Its a daunting task without OHs support but you can do this! He will be the one losing out..............

My hubby was 30 last year and I have to say he really grew up last year, and he is soo excited about being a daddy, I think all men are different.....

My hubby was 30 last year and I have to say he really grew up last year, and he is soo excited about being a daddy, I think all men are different.....

Because I am feeling raw and extremely hurt and let down I want to jump on the bandwagon of 'all men are ******' but I know how unfair that is and of course it simply isn't true. My own father is an example of a truly outstanding, caring and inspirational man and of course there are so many others like that too. If I have a son I'm seriously considering naming him after his grandfather. Yes, they are all very different and will respond to various situations in the most surprising of ways.

Because I am feeling raw and extremely hurt and let down I want to jump on the bandwagon of 'all men are ******' but I know how unfair that is and of course it simply isn't true. My own father is an example of a truly outstanding, caring and inspirational man and of course there are so many others like that too. If I have a son I'm seriously considering naming him after his grandfather. Yes, they are all very different and will respond to various situations in the most surprising of ways.

As do women!!! Keep smiling:flower:

It's his choice chick. He'll be the one losing out. He knew what he was doing or should do at his age. If he doesn't offer support mentally there's not a lot you can do but I'd have the csa on his arse big time if he tried to back out financially as well. Who knows maybe he'll grow up. Either way you do what you want to do and best wishes to you. We're all here to support you. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->