How the clearblue conception indicator tests work.

what PP said...my gosh ladies opening a digi isnt a sin lol....get over it...if you dont want to open yours then dont...but dont burn her at the stake for doing it and posting about it lol...
Indeed lol :flower:

I just thought some ladies may be as interested as I was. It's not the be all and end all of pregnancy test sins surely :shrug:

Maybe it's like how FRER's should not be looked at after 10 minutes, because I'm sure everyone keeps to that rule too lol

Maybe it's like how FRER's should not be looked at after 10 minutes, because I'm sure everyone keeps to that rule too lol

Or taken out of the case and held up to the window and twisted, turned and squinted at from all directions :haha:

what PP said...my gosh ladies opening a digi isnt a sin lol....get over it...if you dont want to open yours then dont...but dont burn her at the stake for doing it and posting about it lol...

lol, what?? :shrug:

Beautiful description! So clear (no pun ;) and useful. Thanks!

I get what the ladies are saying about not opening a digi. If you look at posts on the board, people who get obviously bfn, go take a digi that was negative. Then open it, see. Three lines then because of that get there heart very broken. How many times do we see, negative htp posts then but opened a digi, see the second line on strip then swear there pregnant.
Then go buy more tests, drive themselves nerve racked and sick. I think in the long run, since we all know it always shows three lines, to just leave it and the heart ache it brings when opened.

Thank you for explaining it so eloquently! I know this thread is old, but I came upon this today and wanted to add...came from the UK CB site.

The test works with two test strips, one of low and one of high sensitivity and tiny infrare lamps measure the intensity of the colour of test area which turns blue depending on the levels of Hcg present. The thresholds are 0 to 25 for not pregnant, 25 to 200 for 1 -2 weeks pregnant, 200 to 2000 for 2 - 3 weeks pregnant and over 2000 for 3+ weeks pregnant.

Hi, just wanted to add to this with the leaflet I found online - the current levels appear to be:

1-2 weeks from 10
2-3 weeks from 153
3+ from 2753

https://uk.clearblue.com/sites/defa...s/Brochures/hcp_cb9_professional_brochure.pdf

Found it reassuring for trying to work out whether my levels are increasing quick enough (when scans and blood tests aren't possible). So the first time a 2-3 appears, if it's assumed hcg is around 153 at that point, it would take 8 or 9 days to reach 2753 if the levels doubled every 2 days (but given they can double every 2-3 days, it could be longer, like 13-14 days?).

Someone let me know if I've worked that out wrong though. Hope this helps reassure someone, am clinging onto this to get me through until I either see something positive on a scan or MC again

Hi! Quick question...on them 3 tests, what did the single line strip look like light or dark?

Thank you...I got a negative result but looks the same as your 1-2 weeks one.

I've been dong some research and thought I'd post my findings for you gals to have a looksee :)
I thought others might be interested to learn how the Clear Blue digital with conception indicator works.

In the picture below, you see the display screen. This reads either 'not pregnant', '1-2 weeks pregnant', '2-3 weeks pregnant' or '3+ weeks pregnant'. This indicates weeks since conception based on urinary HCG concentration.

The middle picture shows the inside of the test. The two test strips both detect HCG. The top strip is a high-sensitivity HCG test (25MIU). It is this strip that triggers the test to say either pregnant or not pregnant. The bottom strip has a control line (to the left) and a low-sensitivity HCG test (50MIU or 100MIU). It is the difference between those two lines that triggers the test to display the weeks since conception.

Finally, the strips at the bottom are three examples of the low sensitivity stip taken from 3 different tests. The bottom one produced a result 1-2 weeks, the middle one 2-3 weeks and the top one 3+ weeks.

Hi! Quick question...on them 3 tests, what did the single line strip look like light or dark?

Thank you...I got a negative result but looks the same as your 1-2 weeks one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->