How to introduce a sippy cup?

Parkep

Very happy mom
Reaction score
Hi ladies, how do you introduce a sippy cup? LO will take water from her Doddy cup but sippy cups she just chews on them, even if they are the soft type. Any ideas?

Clara did the same thing with sippy cups, though she did manage to get some water out of them that way. I gave her a straw cup instead and she figured it out almost right away. Since then she's started to suck on a sippy cup properly instead of always chewing, but she prefers her straw cups so I think I am going to have to buy her more to replace the sippy cups she doesn't like so much.

i have tried those too, she chews on those worse hahaha maybe just keep trying? i dunno...

Stupid question, but can one of you ladies link a straw cup that your talking about? I've got a transition cup that I thought might help, but maybe I should consider a straw cup, instead?

i have tried those too, she chews on those worse hahaha maybe just keep trying? i dunno...

I guess just keep trying. Besides just sticking with the doidy cup or moving to a regular cup, i can't think of any other suggestions sorry.

Stupid question, but can one of you ladies link a straw cup that your talking about? I've got a transition cup that I thought might help, but maybe I should consider a straw cup, instead?

https://myrealreview.ca/playtex-sippy-cup-review-and-contest/playtex-straw-sippy-cup/

This is the one we have, but Clara can drink from a regular straw in a glass or water bottle too, though she spills those.:haha:

is she making a mess with her doddy cup and thats why u want to change to a sippy cup?
brodie can hold on to a sippy cup and put it to his mouth but getting him to tip it up confuses the crap out of him:haha: i was thinking about trying him with a doddy cup instead

I love her doddy cup, but yah it makes a HUGE mess! And it would be nice to have something she can use in her high chair that wont be empty before she gets any haha.

With Kira she started wanting to hold her own bottles, so i started by laying her down so she kinda got the idea then put a pillow under her so she had to tip a little more etc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->