How To Make Your Wishes Known

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
Good morning, ladies! As an FTM, I don't have any experience (at least with pregnancy) with making sure my doctor knows and acknowledges my wishes. I have a BPP today, and I'm nervous, as we failed last week's, and then failed the NST afterward. I'm 38+4 today, and have been having very slow movement days...to the point where DH has been on me to call L&D daily, except that each time I am about to, she perks up and decides it's time to dance. :dohh:

Anyway, when I go in today, I have to face that she may fail the BPP again (Last time it was 6/8, as she wouldn't practice breathing...I'm not sure what the second point was), and I'm not sure how I should approach finding out options if she does. As selfish as it seems, I don't want to spend the two weeks until induction constantly panicking because she's not moving much.

Honestly, I have no idea what options I should even ask about at this point, but I don't want to leave the appointment (if she fails) not having tried SOMETHING. Any ideas for options I can ask about, and ways to make myself heard?

I'm a bit confused.... I was under the vague impression that failing a BPP and NST test meant the baby might be in danger and they have to figure out what's going on and/or induce you right away.... I'm not sure how that works with the exact details and point system, though, so don't take my word for it. Anyway, it wasn't clear from your post, are you anxious about the fact that they're not inducing you yet despite the failed tests? In that case I suppose I would ask to speak with a doctor and inquire specific details regarding the failed tests, any special risks you might be facing and what you should be looking out for. It helps to get better information by asking what they plan to do and why they are choosing that particular plan, with pros and cons compared to alternatives. But I'm also a FTM and not very knowledgeable about the particulars of something like this. Some of the other ladies posting in these forums really know their way around many of these protocols, so there should be someone more experienced willing to give better advice.

In any case, I will be watching this thread out of honest curiosity as well. I hope everything works out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->