How to prepare for disappoiontment?

mom2b2013

Reaction score
I haven't technically found out the sex of my baby yet but I am almost 100% positive its a boy. I can't explain why I think this its just something I feel strongly. Anyway, I didn't plan to get pregnant and I wasn't even sure if I wanted kids. However, if I did ever have a child I have always wanted it to be a girl. I know its because I want to be the mother I never had and to undo all the things my mother did wrong. I have suffered from an eating disorder on and off for most of my life. Growing up was like being in a pro-eating disorder boot camp. Its no wonder my sister turned out anorexic as well. I have been in recovery for nearly 2 yrs now and all is well. But I really really want to have a girl so I can teach her to love herself, express herself freely, and to know that her mother is always there for her. I also want to be able to do girly things with her like braid her hair and take her shopping.

I know its very selfish of me to feel this way and I should be content with just having a healthy baby. I know I will love and bond with my baby regardless of the gender but how do I mentally prepare myself for the disappointment? My fiance will be in the room when we have the ultrasound and I'm not very good at hiding my feelings. Should I talk to him about it first? I know he wants a boy but really will be happy either way.

Thanks
mom2b

:hugs: I hope you get your pink bundle. Thinking its a boy means at least you will be somewhat prepared. I think mine is a girl but think its wishful thinking and I'm going to be disappointed when I'm told its a boy.

Aaah hun I feel for you, just think though if you have a boy you can teach him to make his future wife how to feel amazing and self confident thanks to your amazing parenting. you will make a great mum pink or blue! gl xx

Thanks for the kind wishes. I guess I am already preparing myself for disappointment. Either way I'm sure I will get over it.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->