• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How we all coping ? Little chat ?

Hollie West

Reaction score
I just thought I’d create a thread to see how everyone is coping!
I hope you are all well.
Whether 28 weeks or 38 weeks it’s bloody tiring this carrying a baby lark.

I’m 38 weeks and very impatient now. Mainly because I’m crippled with heartburn, uncomfortable wether sitting or standing, feel sick 24:7, the list goes on.

However still need to wait until the weekend for the baby bouncer to arrive and finish off my hospital bags! I’ve suddenly decided I don’t want to breastfeed so need to make a decision on formula.

Bubs is back to back so trying ANYTHING to make him flip!

Oh also I can’t stop eating, I just want to stuff pizza into my face 24:7!!!!

How are we all? Xx

5E63BC02-F13C-4442-BE4A-ED0D975CB18D.jpeg

I'm also 38 weeks and absolutely done. I'm so tired, I've just ran out of my heartburn tablets and I'm beyond ready for baby to arrive. I've lost my appetite, been feeling a little bit sick but other than that I can't really complain - I know some people have it much harder than I have! I'll be 39+1 at my next mw appointment and I'll be begging for a sweep to see if it starts anything! X

I’m only 34 weeks and don’t know how I’m going to survive the next four weeks until induction. I have another 3 1/2 weeks in work and that feels like forever plus another 3 weekends in college. I’m so exhausted I just can’t wait to be done with work. After that I probably won’t mind the being pregnant bit but I’m normally induced at 38 weeks so will only have the weekend between finishing and having him. Good luck ladies I hope your not waiting much longer x

Good thread idea. I’m 38 weeks as well and also really tired. It seems so much worse this time to the previous 2. I feel sick too and I don’t know if baby is booting my bowels but I keep having loads of wind and feel like I need a number 2 all the time, as well as nausea.

Your bump is cute.

Does anyone feel their movements have slowed down? I figure it’s probably baby having less space

I'm the exact same!!! So much wind and it's painful wind. And I've definitely been going to the toilet more frequently for a number 2.
My movements have slowed, a few weeks ago they were strong punches and kicks but now it's more like flutters, I think it's just that baby has less space.

Awww we are all so close together!!
I am with you on the bowel movements, I literally go all day long haha what is going on.
I’m literally starving 24:7, I want to eat everything I see, I have no energy whatsoever I just want to lay and sleep.

100% have found this pregnancy harder than the first two, I have a 2 and 4 year old on my own at home so I think it’s draining.

Is anyone trying anything to get things going ie wives tales etc?

x

I tried nipple stimulation / breast pump. 15 minutes on each side then repeat. So an hour in total. Didn't do anything at all! I've been walking every day and been on the pregnancy ball for at least an hour. I've got no idea what else to try! Have you tried anything? X

Ohhhh the thought of touching my nipples makes me cringe they are so so so sore!!
I’ve been taking raspberry leaf tea since 28 weeks and I’ve not missed a single night on the ball so I’ve done the ball for at least 30 mins a night since 28 weeks.
I’ve been doing the EPO for a couple weeks since my last thread about it, I take 2000 orally and insert 1000 every single night.
Oh works away however when he’s home we try and have sex as much as possible haha.
Other than that there’s nothing left to try. I will 100% go overdue, both of my first did!! X

Haha I wouldn't say it's enjoyable but I needed to do something!! I had read so much online about people using the breast pump and going into labour within an hour... Not in my case! I tried sex, but I don't even feel in the mood haha. This is my first and I'm guessing I'll go overdue x

Oh god as much as I feel uncomfortable I want her to stay in just for a little bit longer as we are currently having work done to the downstairs of our house and don’t have a floor down yet! I just want it to be less dusty and more livable otherwise we’ll have to stay upstairs.

Glad I’m not alone on the bowel front. My boys keep laughing at me as I keep letting wind escape but I can’t help it! They love anything poo, pumps and bums

I’ve not done anything but feel like she’s coming early.. im with you on not wanting to touch my nips though as it makes me feel a bit queasy. I do breast feed and enjoy that (apart from the initial pain at the beginning) but I don’t like self expressing etc.

Are you ladies planning to breast feed? Do you have birth plans? I’m hoping to have a water birth if possible.

Hollie it must be even more tiring for you are mine are a little older 6 & 3.5. God never been so tired in all my life and not sure how going to cope with a newborn.. I’m going into panic mode about it

You never know hun!
I went 5 days over with my first, although my waters broke after 3 and she was stubborn (still is) and didn’t want to come out so she was forced.
My second was 4 days over, waters went after 3 like the first.
I have no hope for this one because the first two were over ! X

Are you ladies getting that lightening crotch thing? It’s happening regularly for me when I’m walking a lot and takes my breath away

You never know hun!
I went 5 days over with my first, although my waters broke after 3 and she was stubborn (still is) and didn’t want to come out so she was forced.
My second was 4 days over, waters went after 3 like the first.
I have no hope for this one because the first two were over ! X
You never know as the third one can be different apparently. I’m nervous baby is just going to fly out And I won’t have time to get to hospital.

My first was 19 days early and second was 2 days late. I forced hubby to have sex with me with the second and contractions started half an hour later! Have you tried spicy food too?

Sorry bobster just noticed your reply too!
Hopefully she stays inside until the house work is done! Are you almost completed now?
I have a few bits left to sort and then he can make an appearance , I think he will 100% be overdue like the first two though.

I’m with you on water birth, providing my platelets are okay when my blood results are in! I’m not breastfeeding but I was originally going to, I can’t quite pinpoint what puts me off. I think I’ve got a bit of anxiety over it.

I’m exhausted constantly with my two, so I’m certainly nervous about a newborn haha! My two wake me up at 6am and I’ve been in bed since 9pm and I have to crawl out, god knows what I will be like with a newborn doing night feeds! X

Here’s my bump. People keep saying it looks small which makes me feel a bit paranoid but I think it looks quite big.. maybe clothes conceal it

5B964CD3-3F9C-41F0-90BF-71B67B3A6018.jpeg

Ditto Hollie. I think it will be tough at first until we get into a routine. Formula might mean your little one sleeps better. I was going to give mine a bottle of formula regularly on a night to see if that makes her sleep.

How is your nursery looking? Are your other little ones ok about a new baby coming? My youngest is a bit unsure I think. I’ve babied him a lot as I thought he was going to be our last so it’s my fault.

Only really got the floor to do so not too bad.. should be done in a week or so

I plan to breastfeed but if it doesn't work I'm not putting pressure on myself. I've got a pump to express so DH can help with night feeds etc. And without sounding totally selfish, we're coming up to Christmas and I want to have a drink so I'll be expressing that day too.
I don't really have a birthing plan, I'm going into this completely blind. I managed to remain oblivious to almost everything, so I'll just turn up and hope for the best when the time comes lol!!
Both your bumps are lovely! People think I'm small too but I think it's clothes concealing it as you've said!

F635BBB8-ABA8-48E4-8867-2B91A7F49616.jpeg

Heya ladies hope you don't mind me joining in... 34 weeks and had enough already lol. Surprisingly I've coped better this time round then the first 2... I think it's because they're both young still I have no choice just always busy. My appitite seems to have vanished and I can't get comfortable in bed :( feel like a heffalump babys been ceph since 22 weeks and she's back to back so hopefully she moves! I have a sweep booked for 39 weeks and possibly a balloon induction if dialated enough. I've tried epo but my oh is a sex pest and I can't insert if we're dtd every night haha.

Both of your bumps are beautiful !!!
I love seeing other people’s baby bumps.

Baby will be sharing with me until he goes into a room with his older brother. We only have 3 bedrooms and at the minute my children have a room each and then there’s my room.
I’ve got a Moses basket for when he’s small, then a crib for as he’s growing.

I have also babied my youngest ! This new baby has a different father, I never would have expected being with someone else never mind have a child with someone else. A lot ha happened in the last 2 1/2 years and he’s 2 years old and still really attached and clingy.

Jft1 100% not selfish at all, I think women who breastfeed are absolutely amazing and I take my hat off to each and every single one.

I can imagine it’s draining , as though it’s not already tiring having a newborn.
I think my choice in bottle feeding is selfish also, but at the same time I have to consider my other two children and I am already in a strict routine for school/nursery as I only have one pair of hands.

X

Pookie welcome!!!
I’m with you in the B2B baby!!
He’s been head down since 20 weeks, engaged for around 4/5 weeks so I’ve little hope in him moving haha.

Why don’t you insert AFTER the sex :haha: Can’t do any harm.

I feel like I give up now, when I get to the end I feel like it’s all been fake and I’ll wake up not pregnant all of a sudden haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->