Hpt positive but blood hcg low?

Hopeful451

Pregnant - 3rd trimester
Reaction score
So I took an absurd amount of tests in the past 2 days, all positive. I had blood drawn yesterday (I'd be exactly 3 weeks yesterday) and it came back at 6....has this happened to anyone? How are all these hpts positive with such a low number? Nurse said I must have just became pregnant and we are retesting in a week. Should I be nervous or is this normal? This pic is all my FRER number in the order I took them...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 168
This is most recent test. Also digi was negative...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 41
2 things are possible:

First, you are very early and its possible that the HPT is just super sensitive. HCG has to start somewhere! Get a repeat in 48 hours to confirm that they are doubling.

Second (this happened to me): if you are having a chemical pregnancy your test can be positive with a very low HCG #because HCG leaves the blood first and urine second. Meaning, during a loss HCG blood levels can be back near 0 while your test are still light positive. I hope this is not the case for you. The good thing is you are VERY early and the low # could just be normal. Try to get the repeat beta; good luck hun

Thank you so much for replying! They said they will repeat next Weds at 4weeks. God I'm praying this sticks!!!

The most recent test looks darker than the rest so I think that is a good sign

So I took an absurd amount of tests in the past 2 days, all positive. I had blood drawn yesterday (I'd be exactly 3 weeks yesterday) and it came back at 6....has this happened to anyone? How are all these hpts positive with such a low number? Nurse said I must have just became pregnant and we are retesting in a week. Should I be nervous or is this normal? This pic is all my FRER number in the order I took them...

i had blood drawn at 5-6 weeks and it was exactly that as i knew when we bed cause that was when hubby was home from work. It came back at a 6. sometimes it takes a whole for it to clime and you said you where only 3 weeks so that is really good

google hcg charts you will see that is fine :)

btw my son is going to be 13 next month

you have to remember that three weeks is super duper early to be picked up on anything

good luck girl

My tests are getting lighter...that can't be good right? Top is yesterday bottom FMU...ill be calling the doctor today...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 36
I think it's possible your having a chemical and caught the back end off it becoz hcg takes Longer too go from urine than blood v sorry if this the case :( !!! This is why docters don't like tests under 100mlu as there is no need for the upset that chemicals cause too us .

But on ther other hand you cud of caught the start of a pregnancy but to be fair a chemical looks the most likely xxxx

That's what I'm thinking too, I'll just have to see what the doc says. I have no cramps or bleeding which is good...

Ok now I'm really confused!!! Top FMU bottom smu 2 hour hold

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 21
maybe ur FMU wasnt concentrated enough, did you dirnk lots of water before bed or go to the washroom in the middle of the night.. its the only thing i can think of. I hope all turns out for the best though

Nope. I made sure I didn't drink a lot or get up to go! I'm totally not taking any more! Yesterday morning was light too which is weird

First off you have to remember you're still really early and some tests have slightly different sensitivities, different amount of die etc. Also I've seen this so often that fmu sucks for a lot of women and Smu is way better!!! That is a beautiful bfp!!! Congrats!

So out of the blue my doc called me, I didn't end up calling. He said we are retesting weds and it was good I got a positive this morning, he also said my number was 7 not 6 and that with a number that low there was no way a hpt would be positive. So I'm suspecting the lab messed up and blood number was wrong.

I can't imagine even FRER to be able to pick up a 6. Aren't they rated for 15-25mIU?
So the fact that you're still getting lines on the tests is a great sign :)

And I got a clearblue + yesterday too! I totally think the lab messed up. I've had 9 positives from weds to today.... (I know I know, not taking any more lol) I will keep you guys updated!

Good luck, my initial beta was a 9 with my last chemical pregnancy that I got bloodwork for and it did show up + on FRER. FRER can measure a beta of 6.5. I hope your outcome is better than mine!

December-how long did they show positive for? My smu was pretty dark today and blood draw was weds....here's the pic, it's my darkest test so far. Af isn't due until weds...just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 6
FRER can pick up as little as 2 HCG suprise enough they are more sensitive than blood tests.

Another thing I never had good lines with fmu only later in day. So I recommend testing at same time each day stop using fmu.

Your tests are getting darker which is good. We all start with low numbers and those tests are super sensitive good luck hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->