hpt still has bfp. When will it go??

suffolksarah

Reaction score
Hi girls,

had my EPRC on 20th dec, my hpt is still coming back quite strong positive. how long did it take everyones to get back to bfn, really eager to start ttc again.

thanks xxx

Hi Sarah, Im so sorry for your loss.
I had an ectopic pregnancy, and it took ages for my HCG levels to drop. Im not sure how long it takes for a miscarriage, but I didnt wanna read and run.
Hope you find some answers
:hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss. After my first loss I had an erpc and it took about 2 weeks before I got a negative test, my second loss was a very early loss so my levels went down almost staight away and with my third loss I had another erpc and got a negative test after about a week after it. It can take some time and I think how far a long you are makes a difference my first pregnancy I got to 12 weeks althought my little one had died at 10 weeks it took the longest for my levels to go down.

Sorry for the waffling post I hope your levels get back to normal soon and good luck with trying again. :hugs:

Hi thanks, i was 9 weeks when i had the scan, baby was measuring to date, but with no hb, so they think it may have only just happened. xxx

Hi there. I had a D&C at 11 weeks to remove the baby at 8 weeks. I tested a week later and I was still positive. My period arrived about 5.5 weeks after the D&C so I would safely say in about 2-3 weeks you should be good to go again. I would recommend checking your cm to make sure you are ovulating and perhaps using an OPK?

I waited after my first cycle to TTC, mainly because we were not emotionally ready to get going again and also I realised how crucial the LMP date is. Without that certainty, I think the wait for the D&C for my mmc case could have been much longer.

Good luck to you though, all the best!! xx

I am in almost the same boat as you. I tested positive on CD 25 12/16/2010 and then I tested everyday there after. None of my tests were getting any darker so I called my doctor and he ordered a blood test for the 21st. On the 22nd I started bleeding very heavy so I knew then it was over. They called me that day and told me my results were 27. At that point I was on CD 30 (at the time of the draw). So really I was only about 4 to 4.5 weeks. I bled extremely heavy on that Wed, Thursday and Friday it was so heavy I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. It was Christmas eve and I thought I was going to pass out.
When I told the doctor I was bleeding on the 22nd, they told me to test to make sure my body is shedding it like it is supposed to. So I have.
Well, I thought on Christmas eve night my test was really light. I knew at that point I had passed it. Well not so much! I am still testing positive today! 13 days post inital bleed! I had a blood draw on the 27th and my numbers were 37 and my test is just as dark today as it was on the 27th! So I am calling my doctor today to see why I am still testing positive today especially since I wasn't but maybe 5 weeks maximum!
Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon! :hugs:

Hi girls,

had my EPRC on 20th dec, my hpt is still coming back quite strong positive. how long did it take everyones to get back to bfn, really eager to start ttc again.

thanks xxx

Hi there
I had my ERPC on 10th Dec. I tested very positive on 24th dec (2weeks) so i tested again at 3 weeks and it was bfn it may have been really light. I was 8 weeks but baby measured 6 weeks. HTH Good luck with trying again hope all goes well x x x

Hi Sarah, sorry for your loss!
In general, you should be back to a negative after a couple of weeks or so. Maybe wait a few days longer and if it is still positive let your doctor know. They might tell you to wait a bit longer but then should refer you for a scan to make sure you don't have retained tissue.
You don't mention whether you stopped bleeding? If you haven't that might be an indication your body isn't quite done with this pregnancy yet.

As for ttc-ing again, the general consensus after an ERPC is to wait until after you've had a normal period. My understanding was that this is to make sure you have a nice clean uterus to work with as quite frankly with a blind scraping out we can't expect it to be left perfectly clean, can we?

sorry for your loss x

it took me about 2-3 weeks each time to get a negative test x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"