Hypothyroidism

Any experiences with hypertiroidism and TTC? I'm doing some research but can't find anything conclusive, basically "alterations in your fertility". Is it better, worse or the same as hipotirodism in terms of conceiving?

I hope you had an awesome mothers day!!

Miriam12 it depends on A lot of factors, my numbers are bad so I may never concieve

Anytime your thyroid isn't functioning within "normal range" (.5-4.0) whether you are hypo or hyper is going to have an effect on all of your systems. The best thing you can do for TTC is temping and tracking your cycle to make sure you are ovulating. Because both hypo and hyper can cause your body to not ovulate or not produce a healthy follicle & egg.
The "ideal range" for fertility from what I have researched is between .5-2.0. Sometimes your thyroid gland isn't producing enough or is producing too much of something to have a healthy egg released.

I don't think doctors spend enough time monitoring the thyroid in women who are TTC, I know at least 5 women, myself included, who had a "lazy" thyroid, meaning slightly hypo but within normal range, and all went on thyroid medication. All 5 of us conceived within 3 months of our thyroid being in ideal range. Unfortunately doctors don't necessarily believe that the thyroid plays as large of a part as it does and sometimes being referred to a reproductive endocrinologist is the way to go, that being said where I am from it is a big wait.

Sorry for the long post, if you have more specific questions I can try to help. Note: I am not a doctor, just someone who is very in touch with her body and over-researches everything.

well i have been using OPK to see if i can get a positive again, and yesterday it started going positive :) i know this doesn't mean i am for sure going to OV but its a start! unfortunately DH was not home last night, but when he got home early this morning we had some quick bd time and will again tonight until my OPK are neg. I know i'm clutching straws without using clomid or anything but i can hope :)

That's great heaveneats!!! Hopefully you can catch a sticky bean unmedicated!

I am just waiting for AF to arrive, due tomorrow. Hopefully she will stay away, but with my mood these last few days I feel her coming, haha.

That's great heaveneats!!! Hopefully you can catch a sticky bean unmedicated!

I am just waiting for AF to arrive, due tomorrow. Hopefully she will stay away, but with my mood these last few days I feel her coming, haha.

Gosh would that not be amazing!! i hope so but who knows so far no ov pain and i had the positive at 1pm yesterday, unless it happened overnight while i was asleep haha. I really hope i feel something sometime soon

I think from what I have read, the egg is released around 12-24hours after a strong positive OPK! So hopefully it happened overnight!

Today I find out from my doctor what my Thyroid Antibody results are, I hope he can provide some real answers soon!

I think from what I have read, the egg is released around 12-24hours after a strong positive OPK! So hopefully it happened overnight!

Today I find out from my doctor what my Thyroid Antibody results are, I hope he can provide some real answers soon!

oh good luck!!! i hope you get the answers you want :)

still no ov pain, i guess it either didn't happen or its pain free this month. Dh and i BD 2 times yesterday so hoping it works.

so far:
sunday night at 11:30 pm we BD'ed
Monday no BD
Tuesday no BD (started to get Positive OPK)
Wednesday AM and afternoon BD'ed (strong positive OPK)

and the next few nights we will BD as well :)

That's great!!! I hope your bd'ing creates a little bean.

My doctor found nothing in my antibodies, he gave me a low dose script for synthroid. My period is a day late today and after 8 months of trying for number 2 I got a BFP! I'm just praying this little bean sticks!
I hope this sends good luck and pregnancy vibes to you!!

That's great!!! I hope your bd'ing creates a little bean.

My doctor found nothing in my antibodies, he gave me a low dose script for synthroid. My period is a day late today and after 8 months of trying for number 2 I got a BFP! I'm just praying this little bean sticks!
I hope this sends good luck and pregnancy vibes to you!!

OH my gosh that soo great!!! congrats to you!!!! well i guess you really did get the answers you wanted:happydance: i hope i have your luck :)

Thanks! I hope you do too! We also used preseed this cycle, maybe that helped.

well weird thing happened, i had 5 days of positive OPKs... so i have no idea when i ovulated/if i did or not, no ov pain like i usually get. SO i'm not going to both figuring out DPO because it would make my head explode. I stopped taking them after day 5 of positive :( and i couldnt BD anymore i was tired! I usually only get 2 days of positives and thats it. AF should be here early next week then i can start charting, I meet my doctor for follow up once that cycle starts

Are your cycles regular?

Sometimes an OPK will be positive if the HCG hormone is detected.

Hopefully that's a good sign for strong ovulation this time! I hope your TWW goes by quick!

Are your cycles regular?

Sometimes an OPK will be positive if the HCG hormone is detected.

Hopefully that's a good sign for strong ovulation this time! I hope your TWW goes by quick!

yes but its way too early, i only started getting the positive on tuesday of last week so it would be way way too early for any form of HCG to show up, i think i just had a long surge for some reason :( although it would be nice if i did conceive when everyone was telling me it wont happen. I don't feel anything though so i really doubt it, i just want to look forward to next cycle, one step closer to clomid for the one after.

Sorry yes my cycles are regular

No Worries! It is super early, I hope the long surge is a good sign for you!

Not feeling anything doesn't mean much, I didn't have any ovulation pain this time, last time i conceived I had tons!

I also had no symptoms of pregnancy with my son until about 8 weeks, other than bleeding gums for a few days at 3 weeks.

Fingers Crossed for you!

No Worries! It is super early, I hope the long surge is a good sign for you!

Not feeling anything doesn't mean much, I didn't have any ovulation pain this time, last time i conceived I had tons!

I also had no symptoms of pregnancy with my son until about 8 weeks, other than bleeding gums for a few days at 3 weeks.

Fingers Crossed for you!

i hope so! just weird to not have OV pain for me last cycle i had a lot, i guess there will always be that one cycle where there is no pain:shrug:

so i guess my body never did ov attached is my OPK from today its starting to go positive right? or am i just crazy:shrug: i fee like its got a lot of color so i'm hopeful we can BD again in the next few days before DH leaves on a trip

Attachments

• 20170531_141326.jpg
    20170531_141326.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
Are you sure its not showing HCG?? I didn't realize they could show positive for so long!

Are you sure its not showing HCG?? I didn't realize they could show positive for so long!

Actually mine went negative eventually so i stopped testing but now it seems my OV is kicking in again, i just hope it goes positive soon before DH is gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->