I am finally in second tri!

Just read your story--wow. Quite an intense situation. My only advice is to seriously think about what's best for the child; if he's going to create an unhealthy/unloved environment for baby, do not keep baby in that situation. It also may be easier to leave before baby comes, if there seems to be no resolve in his behavior. Does he have therapy on top of meds? Sometimes the meda alone don't cut it.

Omg Cleck, lol! Hubs was reluctant to come to my 10 week scan because he doesn't know "what the hell I'm looking at anyway." :haha: he came though and was glad when the doctor pointed out exactly what he was supposed to be seeing lol

Just read your story--wow. Quite an intense situation. My only advice is to seriously think about what's best for the child; if he's going to create an unhealthy/unloved environment for baby, do not keep baby in that situation. It also may be easier to leave before baby comes, if there seems to be no resolve in his behavior. Does he have therapy on top of meds? Sometimes the meda alone don't cut it.

Omg Cleck, lol! Hubs was reluctant to come to my 10 week scan because he doesn't know "what the hell I'm looking at anyway." :haha: he came though and was glad when the doctor pointed out exactly what he was supposed to be seeing lol

The problem is that DH went OFF the meds.

Hubby has been doing OK lately, so I'm not -terribly- concerned. We've been overall getting along with just a few hiccups. However, I do think it might be wise for him to see a therapist. He could still be struggling with the impending fatherhood, and talking to a professional might help. I am not so good with the 'active listening' strategy, plus I'm too emotionally involved. Don't need him venting his troubles to me while I sit quietly feeling abandoned.

On that note he apparently confessed to his mom about how he felt 'out of control' anger-wise lately and might need to go back on, or find a different solution. Of course the problem being the ridiculous wait time to see a psychiatrist/psychologist around here. (it's probably > 6 months) Though his dad mentioned he would ask his psychiatrist since some places will 'accept new patients when it's family'. Hopefully that cuts down the wait. (note: this was largely news to me, he's kept it passably bottled in my presence.)

Obviously his mom has heard nothing about 'patient confidentiality'. She's kinda a gossip.

Hmm well hopefully she's sharing out of concern...can he go back on the meds? Does he have any refills left? Or can he get the perscribing doctor to call more in while he waits to see him/her? Why did he go off the meds in the first place?

If i'm being intrusive please do not feel obligated to answer!

In a way I want to get our 20 week scan out of the way so I definitely can't change my mind on finding out (unless we pay for an extra scan of course). I had a dream the other night that they started scanning the potty shot by accident and we found out we were having a girl!

I had a dream that we had our 20 week scan and it was a girl and I was crying my eyes out because we know it's a boy! So vivid these pregnancy dreams!

JT did you have genetic testing done?

I have got to call my dr tomorrow to get an earlier date on my anatomy scan. They want me to wait until the end of December! That feels too far away :haha: plus I want to know before xmas so I can announce to my family then.

Arturia sorry to read you are having a hard time with OH :hugs: I hope it all works out for you soon!

JT my OH will be pleased to know that as he really wants a little boy but everything is pointing towards girl!

Giggle I hope you manage to change your appointment - it would be lovely to find out before Christmas! You could get so many cute presents to announce it to people then!

Hmm well hopefully she's sharing out of concern...can he go back on the meds? Does he have any refills left? Or can he get the perscribing doctor to call more in while he waits to see him/her? Why did he go off the meds in the first place?

No refills left. The original psychiatrist decided it would be great to remove him from his/her patient list after he got on his most recent med, because 'he was obviously treated'. Left refill prescriptions to his family doc. He went off because he hated the way he felt on the med, it made his emotions dead.

If he does go back on, it'll probably be a different medication entirely, and that requires a psychiatrist.

On top of that, we are doing ok lately, so I am not overly concerned.

No refills left. The original psychiatrist decided it would be great to remove him from his/her patient list after he got on his most recent med, because 'he was obviously treated'. Left refill prescriptions to his family doc. He went off because he hated the way he felt on the med, it made his emotions dead.

If he does go back on, it'll probably be a different medication entirely, and that requires a psychiatrist.

On top of that, we are doing ok lately, so I am not overly concerned.

I'm glad you aren't stressed at this point. You probably know how to read him a bit by now.

Sophm88, my anatomy scan is December 9th. He's excited to keep the secret, but with my DD2 he couldn't tell what parts she had so I'm sure he'll need help this time too.

Giggle, try to schedule your own scan or move this one to an earlier date! That's torture....

With DD1 I was certain I was having a boy and had dreams abou shopping for blue... so when the delivering doctor said it's a girl, we were shocked! Luckily we had purchased neutral colours. We found out with our second.

Arturia, glad things are improving! Maybe make an appointment for the future just in case? That way if in six months things are fine, you can just cancel.

Ugh, no chance of getting the ultrasound moved up :( dec 29th feels like aaagges away! What to do? It's $75 for a gender scan :( what would y'all do?

Tishy are you finding out the sex this time?

Gigglebox- I paid for a private scan. It's booked for Black Friday at a 4d place. I paid $150 for a three session package deal and I guess it comes with a small heartbeat animal and frame and random little mommy stuff like coupons. But my dr wanted to wait until 23-25 weeks for my next scan and I just can't wait that long. I haven't bought a thing yet bc I have to know if I can buy blue or pink. :haha: I have to drive an hour and twenty minutes to get to this particular 3D/4D place. But I figure it's worth it and I'll be in a city for Black Friday than as well. Do you have something nearby similar to this? I found the package deal out by watching this places Facebook page.

Giggle, my DH is going to find out, I don't want to know until the baby is born, so we're going to see how long he can keep the secret for... he's excited to give it a try.

Giggle I would pay for a private one! Just because I am so impatient! :haha:

Me too...I'm a 7dpo tester :haha:

I'm in the process of trying to sell some of my art to make money lol

Tishy, so that's the plan eh? How long to you think he'll last?

Arturia, glad things are improving! Maybe make an appointment for the future just in case? That way if in six months things are fine, you can just cancel.

Ugh, no chance of getting the ultrasound moved up :( dec 29th feels like aaagges away! What to do? It's $75 for a gender scan :( what would y'all do?

Tishy are you finding out the sex this time?

It's all happening out of my sight, since his mom spilled the beans. :shrug:

Hey guys! I've finally made it over into the second trimester! 14 weeks today :) hurray! Hope everyone is doing well!

So is 14 weeks officially second tri? It seems so subjective..l prematurely celebrated :haha:

Pretty sure second tri is measured differently depending on where you look, but generally somewhere between 13w0d and 14w0d.

In other news, I thought I felt baby stretching just a couple minutes ago... Is it too early? This IS my first!

I don't think so! I think i was exactly 14 weeks with DS when i felt the first flutter. I've started feeling something suspecious, once early yesterday and then this afternoon, very briefly. The first flutters are hard to say!

Sonny- Welcome over! :dance: it's an awesome milestone to be out of the first trimester worries a bit.

Gigglebox- if you take 40 weeks and divide it by 3 it's 13.3 so you were right on schedule coming in second tri! :D

Arturia- definitely not to early for movement! I've been feeling bubbly movement for several weeks but in the last two weeks they are getting strong and a few that really startled me. How exciting for you!! I remember the excitement with my first and I can say that excitement is the same each time with those first movements. It is amazing to think they are getting big enough to make themselves known now.

:hi: Sonny! Welcome! It feels amazing to be in second tri doesnt it! :happydance:

Giggle no harm in celebrating early!

Aturia deffo not too early to feel baby! How exciting for you! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"