I am finally in second tri!

Giggle, I think he'll last a couple of days... especially if it's a boy he'll be way too excited. Haha maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Arturia, not too early, I felt movement a couple of weeks ago... it come and goes now.

Sonny, welcome!

Ah, I wasn't sure when the second tri started really but I went with the Ovia app I use! Still, 14 weeks is a definitely there so yey! :)

Oo, I'm so excited to feel flutters. Very exciting you are starting to feel then Arturia! Can't say I've notice anything just yet, just lots of aching at the top of my legs! And my jeans are now too tight but I'm definitely in the mostly feeling fat rather than pregnant stage! :)

DH thinks it's creepy to feel something inside me. I agree, but I think I'll tell him perspective-wise it's different than a completely alien thing because hormones. :)

But yes, alien jokes abound nonetheless.

Plus the poke-kick games. >.> Will be playing lots of that.

Movements are so wild! And wait until they really start kickin'...makes you wonder how those "I didn't know I was pregnant" chicks didn't know!

The movements are my favourite part of being pregnant. The bigger baby gets the more alien it is for sure! I have no idea how those ladies "didn't know"... there is nothing like it. With DD2 she stuck out her feet and elbows all the time. It's so weird... but amazing!!

Must be a "perfect storm" kind of thing-- maybe an anterior placenta, sporadic bleeding, either overweight already or tight abs holding the uterus back all at the same time...? Just a theory. Or they're in denial. I know a lot of them are born slightly prematurely so the mother doesn't reach the huge uncomfy stage...but some go full term. Mind boggling.

There was a soldier from the UK who gave birth without knowing she was pregnant. Since stress can make women lose their period it was probably that plus tight abs plus too stressed to pay attention to baby kicks.

I've read denial is a factor too.

Ahh. I'd have loved to just potter through the first tri without noticing! I'm still feeling like a ball of rubbish! It's my birthday tomorrow but I couldn't be less excited! I'll probs be sat on the sofa and eating a ham sandwich as a birthday tea .. ! Doh!

Could you imagine though? It's hard enough to wrap my head around another and I tried for it. It's still surreal to me. But to just not know you are pregnant and than one day 'oh there's a baby!' :haha: with no warning or planning. I think it would be awfully hard to deal with without any kind of warning.

I agree. It's absolutely life changing. I imagine there'd be a part of you mourning the loss of your old life.

I was inspired to read stories on it :haha: i guess a tilted uterus can also prevent you from feeling kicks as much...?

I agree. It's absolutely life changing. I imagine there'd be a part of you mourning the loss of your old life.

I was inspired to read stories on it :haha: i guess a tilted uterus can also prevent you from feeling kicks as much...?

That'd depend on whether your uterus flips forward properly or still hangs towards the back. Judging from the way my own belly feels (I started with a tilted U) mine flipped forward probably completely. Definitely hanging out forward in my gut when I stand. :haha:

How are you ladies doing? Have your symptoms subsided since getting to the second trimester? Or is it much of the same?

I have days when I feel very un-pregnant besides my growing belly. And then other days I'm very tired and have headaches.

Mine are all the same :cry: but not too terrible considering how bad my first daughter was. With her I had to be hospitalized a few times to get fluid to stay down and it lasted the whole pregnancy with random vomiting. This one, I wake up and vomit and than I'm good for the rest of the day. My boobs still hurt like crazy, almost no food sounds good. I was down 13 lbs at one point but it fluctuated back up so I'm down 9 as of this morning. :dohh: but I'm not a thin woman as it is and was in the process of eating better and exercising to lose before I fell pregnant and had lost 20 lbs so it's not out of the realm of possibility that the healthier eating is still making me lose even though there's a baby in there. My goal is to at least maintain my start weight or gain very very little bc with my first two it was a good 50lb weight gain with each. :shock:

My symptoms have got a little better, no sickness or nausea now really. I suffer from bad backs and headaches though! :dohh: I am also going off most meat slowly, it started by throwing up chicken over dinner now anything to meaty makes me gag! :nope: Apart from that its just my growing belly!

Cleckner wow you are doing good! :hugs: So far I have put on 5lbs last time I weighed which I was suprised at considering how sick I was in the beginning!

I hear you Sophm on the meat thing. I'm concerned because my current supplements don't contain any iron. (pills make me throw up atm so I picked up a gummy multivitamin, no iron though) Also concerned about protein intake. At least I can still enjoy eggs. (and meat doesn't make me throw up, just get really disgusted)

I've been feeling mostly better too. Just a little lingering nausea. Little things though can still trigger me to throw up, like being hungry (sometimes a quick drink of something will stop it, no go last night though. :haha: :( ) or just waking up or one of my 3000 daily burps hitting the back of my throat, or phlegm being back there...

I was really dehydrated for awhile too. It took nearly a week to really get my fluids back up just from dedicated drinking. (TMI) Finally peeing enough and at the right color.

DH and I are getting into the swing of changing our getting home routine. He's been cooking a lot of the weekdays because he gets home an hour before I do. I'm doing better than I was at regular chores, though that's partially because I don't feel nauseous all day anymore and partially because dirt and smells gross me out much more than before. We're getting better at planning ahead too.

Cleckner, that's great that you're already down so much! And for sure you can still lose weight while pregnant. As long as you are eating well, so is baby.

Sophm, me too! Headaches especially. I didn't have terrible symptoms in the beginning, just nausea, but that is gone now. And the texture of meat is off putting for me. I don't gag, but I can't eat it all the time. Only fish really.

Arturia, the vitamins make me sick too. I take mine at bed time so I don't feel it. But I found that the Costco prenatal vitamin doesn't give me the same feeling as the Materna... (not sure if you have access to Costco). And I've been enjoying peanuts and almonds for added protein. Good on you and DH for making changes to your lifestyle now... it'll make welcoming baby go smoothly.

Cleckner, that's great that you're already down so much! And for sure you can still lose weight while pregnant. As long as you are eating well, so is baby.

Sophm, me too! Headaches especially. I didn't have terrible symptoms in the beginning, just nausea, but that is gone now. And the texture of meat is off putting for me. I don't gag, but I can't eat it all the time. Only fish really.

Arturia, the vitamins make me sick too. I take mine at bed time so I don't feel it. But I found that the Costco prenatal vitamin doesn't give me the same feeling as the Materna... (not sure if you have access to Costco). And I've been enjoying peanuts and almonds for added protein. Good on you and DH for making changes to your lifestyle now... it'll make welcoming baby go smoothly.

Unfortunately it's not the prenatal itself that's making me sick, it's any pill, hitting the back of my throat, combined with the water I use to down it, psychosomatically triggering me to feel immediately sick.

Honestly I have a lot of 'sick triggers' at this point. The smell of bathrooms, the bathroom I throw up the most in, thinking about throwing up (though luckily that one's getting better) pills... It is all in my head, of course, but that doesn't mean I can work around it.

Have you gals tried the gummy chewable prenatal? I found they make me way less sick and are easier settling in my stomach. I hate the flavor but not having that heavy pill feeling is worth it.

Thanks tishy and soph. :hugs: I know the info out there is few and far between about trying to maintain a weight during pregnancy but I feel like getting myself healthier couldn't possibly hurt this baby bc it'll take what it needs. And I'm by no means starving myself just staying out of the junk food at home and eating lots of veggies. I'm not morbidly obese or anything but definitely needed to lose to get back to what I was before kids came along. :haha: So after this LO comes I'm hoping to keep the same willpower bc I love my food. :rofl:

Do you girls have bumps yet? I had one and than first tri ended and the bloat must've ended with it bc my belly got significantly smaller. It is there but not nearly as noticeable. I took a 12 week picture and need to take a 16 week picture tomorrow bc I take one every 4 weeks but I'm fairly certain I'm smaller now than I was 4 weeks ago. :dohh:

I'm still suffering with 'first trimester' symptoms, although I have to say I've felt noticably less sick today though. But I don't like to get my hopes up! I was hit by a horrible cold yesterday morning though, which is making me feel dreadful - it's tough not to be able to take anything other than paracetemol for it! But on the plus side, I can't smell anything which is fabulous as most smells make me feel sick!

I'm not really seeing any bump, I'm really too sure when to expect one? I'm a week behind you Cleckner04. I've moved into maternity jeans though as I'm so bloated I couldn't do up my normal jeans! I felt a bit bad about it but what the heck, I may as well by comfy while I'm feeling rubbish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->