I am probably going to sound ungrateful but..

321mummy2b

Jayden's Mommy
Reaction score
my oh gave me money to buy clothes this xmas and he bought me some ''uggs''.. he is working xmas eve and all the days inbetween xmas n new year.. he text me this morning saying work as f***ed everything up and he will have to stay late.
its our little boys first xmas.. i cant drive to take the presents round.. and we were meant to be going to xmas eve party..

anyway with the money i had my nails done.. bought 4 top/dress/jumpers and a pair of bench jeans.. last night he was going i cba to wrap them up cus u bought them anyway i was like oh thanks when he knows ive made a right effort doing all his.. hes got quite a few suprises and last night he was going do u want sum perfume or somert cus u aint got much.. oh and he classed me taking my little brother to macdonalds out of xmas money..

its my first xmas not waking up at my moms and im a bit gutted about tht too really..

anyway im upset because i have NO nice clothes there all in my moms loft and i only have maternityu clothes.. its xmnas eve and we go down his nans for a drink n a sing song lol.. so i asked if i could wear a top for xmas n he sed no.. (worse was i had it on as i text him and i thought i looked really nice.. so now im bk in my dressing gown,.! :(:cry:

it sound like he has done his best present wise , ok not very imaginative giving you money , but sounds like you have brought some lovely clothes out of it :)

however i dont see why you cant wear one of them tops tonight. maybe tell him you really dont have anything to wear and would love to wear it agagin and see what he says. it is your top after all.
my OH too is working alot around xmas but not during the day on xmas day, you are getting to spend xmas day all together arnt you ?

as long as you get to spend your babys first xmas together and have a great day that is all that matters :)

Could you not go round to your mums this evening if he's working late so you have some company?

:hugs: don't feel bad :hugs:it sounds like ur OH didn't mean to upset u but unfortunately sometimes men aren't great at the sensitive stuff!:dohh: i know my OH upsets me abt similar stuff without realising it!

my policy is always honesty...i make a point of always telling OH when i'm upset because i know he'd never 'get it' otherwise and that would only upset me more! explain abt the top and the lack of something to wear etc.

i know sometimes things don't go to plan around xmas...especially if u have to work late or have loads of stuff to do so u don't get time for the fun stuff! i think theres alot of expectations for it to be the most perfect day of the whole year, but try not to get too hung up on it not going exactly to plan. try to look on the brightsideand everything will feel much better. i know u said ur sad abt not waking up at ur mums but u get to wake up with ur LO on xmas morning for the first time instead!:thumbup:

i miss somethings abt the way i used to spend xmas but i'm also really excited abt the new kind of xmas we'll b having this year!

hope u feel better soon and hope u get to wear ur new clothes x

its a bit crap he said no, i would of had a rant about not having anything nice etc. at least you got to get some pressies, me and OH decided to get nothing this year as two kids is pushing the budget to the limit! x

Sounds like he gave you a decent bit of money. We cancelled Christmas this year, am at the end of maternity leave and we are struggling so we have some pressies for our little boy and will make the most of our Christmas together. All our family and friends are in the UK so we are feeling a bit lonely and sad. I have not bought anything for myself in months, buying some clothes would be utterly fantastic. We are waking up in the morning to no presents from anyone. I banned my friends and family from posting anything over because we could not afford to give presents back to them.

I would say count yourself lucky! It sounds like you did pretty well. I dont see why you could not wear one of the tops tonight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->