I can't take anymore!!

We had the same problem and unfortunately it never stopped so I'm sorry but I can't help you, I just want to let you know your not alone! Hopefully someone will come along and give you better advice x

:shock: It never stopped?! Even at 5 months?!

Nope, he's 6 months on Saturday and we still have this problem BUT I think I'm in a very small minority with this lol

You've got some pretty good advice from everyone else so I'll keep quiet about my problems and not make you worry you'll end up with one like mine lol

Huge hugs hun.

I think it might be the age (no idea my eldest was like it allll the time from day one right until now) but Elissa started like it about a week ago and has been dreadful since (sleeping better at night though!)
It's slowly getting better so all I can advise is to keep trying, don't change your routine just keep at it. It might be like the others suggested a growth spurt so the extra milk sounds like a good idea.

I have a black 'babasling' you are welcome to. I just can't get on with them (google it and see if you're interested) xx

Awwww MummyJo, all these offers of slings, I don't know what to doooooo! You are both sooooo kind!!! x

I'd say a growth spurt. They get really needy and just want the comfort of Mum during this time and will eat A LOT. It will pass.

Yep I am by the little park on Writtle road, about 5 mins from the crem, PM me when you fancy picking it up and I'll send you my addy. Make us a nice cuppa too if you like, Lily can swoon over the boys!

hey hun.
ruby is 5 months now and we have been thru this a few times.. mostly with growth spurts, or in the build up to one, and one isolated period of a few weeks where she became So clingy, and hysterical when anyone else came too close.. that literally lasted a few weeks, and the growth spurt ones maybe a week or so each time...

i too have found ruby sleeps best in her cot during the day.. it also means i can throw the hoover around without waking her.

i found giving her a dummy, and her wee snuggy thing.. its a taggies blanket which she LOVES.. also helped.. its like a signal that its time for a sleep... now im not a fan of CIO one bit, but when shes tetchy i find it helps to put her into bed with snug etc, and faff about the room doing stuff. she settles quickly becasue she knows im still there, and isnt woken by me moving her like she would be if i held her until she slept.

i was gonna offer you the sling i have in buy and sell, but it looks like you are sorted in that dept... it really helps.. some days i wouldnt get a thing done if it wasnt for the moby!

Yep I am by the little park on Writtle road, about 5 mins from the crem, PM me when you fancy picking it up and I'll send you my addy. Make us a nice cuppa too if you like, Lily can swoon over the boys!

Awwww that would be lovely! :D Thankyou Emily! :hugs: xx

hey hun.
ruby is 5 months now and we have been thru this a few times.. mostly with growth spurts, or in the build up to one, and one isolated period of a few weeks where she became So clingy, and hysterical when anyone else came too close.. that literally lasted a few weeks, and the growth spurt ones maybe a week or so each time...

i too have found ruby sleeps best in her cot during the day.. it also means i can throw the hoover around without waking her.

i found giving her a dummy, and her wee snuggy thing.. its a taggies blanket which she LOVES.. also helped.. its like a signal that its time for a sleep... now im not a fan of CIO one bit, but when shes tetchy i find it helps to put her into bed with snug etc, and faff about the room doing stuff. she settles quickly becasue she knows im still there, and isnt woken by me moving her like she would be if i held her until she slept.

i was gonna offer you the sling i have in buy and sell, but it looks like you are sorted in that dept... it really helps.. some days i wouldnt get a thing done if it wasnt for the moby!

Thankyou darling :hugs: you guys are TOO KIND! It really does sound like a growth spurt. For example yesterday mum came over and usually he loves sitting with mum and is more chilled out with her than he is with me! But this time all he did was turn his head and stare at me with a look on his face that said "mummy come and get me I don't like it :(" even mum said he was making eyes at me!

going from what other people have said, my little one doesn't really like his bouncy chair, his favorite place... the floor! I lay him on his back and he will lye happily awake for 30 mins + sometimes falling asleep. Zander got this high pitched scream too which has funnily enough stopped now he is 9 weeks and it started around 5ish weeks. Now he just cries normally without the 'gayish' screams lol if you know what i mean.

have you tried just letting him cry? if i know my little one is fed, changed and winded and he starts to cry i often just leave him to it and he settles down after a few minutes. try not to get frustrated, it might not be a 'forever' thing and he is just having some off days.

Think if there is anything else that could be wrong.. ie has he been to the toilet in the last two days? are they solid or soft? as this could be an indication of constipation which can hurt baby's when they are trying to push out. Is he feeding enough too, maybe he needs a wee bit more milk to settle? Just go through your routine with him and think if there is anything it could be and if not give it time he might go back to old aiden!

DD is going through a stage like this - day and night! I've noticed she goes through phases, so just as one routine sets in...something will come along to put her off kilter, little love!
Growth spurts - always has to be with me or DH, 24hrs a day...will only sleep on us
Jabs - as above
Touch of reflux - as above

Like Aiden, she's smiley and happy when awake, which is hugely reassuring...so, I tend to load up on dvds and wait for the phase to pass over!

This isn't offering huge amounts of advice, but just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!!

ps - sling=life saver, otherwise we'd be living in a pit!!

Alfie is exactly the same at the moment and is practically the same age as Aiden so could be a growth spurt or something like that. Im hoping it stops soon though, Im exhausted lol xx

James was doing this last week hun. Turns out for us it was a milk intolerance but theres a strong family history of that. Sounds like its probably a growth spurt. James gets incredibly clingy when hes having one.

Until I saw you'd had an offer, I was going to suggest you went shoplifting for a sling :rofl: Gracelet has never failed to be utterly chilled out by hers.

I hope Aiden settles soon. You sound exhausted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->