I don't think I've been so happy to start in my whole life

Yeah, guess you're right. No point in bringing up the past if all it is going to do is stir up the pot.

I bought a yellow cake mix... Sacrilegious! But hubby really wants to try that cake recipe. We are visiting his family this weekend, so I can't make it until Monday.

oooo. better tell me how it turns out :) I'm going to be making my husband a cake that looks like his starwars xbox and controller. this will be my first attempt at using rolled buttercream so wish me luck haha

Ooh, good luck! Take a picture and let me see how it turns out. Didn't know you could roll out butter cream. I've always used a marshmallow fondant. I will make it today before he gets home from work; I bet he will love it. :)

yeah there's rolled buttercream its delicous but i heard it is very hard to work with. I was looking at a marshmellow fondant but all ive heard of the recipes is that they crumble or tear eaisly and are really greasy. i may end up having to use just fondant which i really dont want to do... i've only heard bad things about its taste

Okay, couldn't make it yesterday, as I had berries in the fridge that were starting to get a little mushy. I forgot I bought them before we left to my in-laws. :dohh: So I made a cobbler instead. Will make it when the cobbler is gone.

The marshmallow fondant I make is not greasy or crumbly, but it does tear if you roll it too thinly. I have to admit that I do not care for the taste of regular fondant, which is why I use the marshmallow, but it is definitely harder to work with.

I would suggest trying it to see if it works first. Let me know! :)

im looking into regular fondant with added butter flavoring... tempting
its a white cake with buttercream frosting so naturally butter flavored fondant would be good right?

It's worth a shot! I think I said before that regular fondant is not that palatable, but butter flavoring sounds good.

Did it work? How did it taste?

OMG MY COMPUTERRRRRR!

im making it this sunday so not sure yet. family came for a visit so my computer and I had to hide are secret love affair for awhile ;'( hahaha

Happy belated birthday!! :cake:

I completely understand about hiding this info from your family. Whenever we visit the in-laws, I always have to do my fertility stuff secretly because they don't know that we're TTC.

Did your family visit from Hawaii? How is everything else with you?

My mom doesn't want to hear anything about it. I'll be an immediate high risk patient the second i become pregnant because of my last pregnancy and my high blood pressure and Pre-e the last time and having another Iugr baby or going into preterm labor again. so my mom just doesn't want to hear it. as far as she is concerned i Have tied my baby making utensils and wouldn't dare risk my life for another one of "thooose" how my mother has 4 children i will never know haha. I know i shouldn't even try to conceive again. but after losing jeremy's twin i just feel like our family is incomplete. In other words everyone can kiss my Ttc butt. haha and yea they came from hawaii. went to texas first for 2 weeks ad they were suppppose to stay in new Orleans for a couple days, they stayed there for about 5 hours? took the very LAST train out of there before the hurricane hit.

Everything else is poop. my husband has now decided he cannot hold a job and go to school at the same time so he will be quitting his job and i need to find work, unfortunitly he didn't realize this 3 months ago before i got a full arm sleeve and wouldn't be able to find any said work. haha. How are you?

Were the pre-eclampsia and losing a twin the only complications you had last pregnancy, or were there others? Does your doctor think you will have a hard time again this time around?

Oh snap! You can just wear long sleeves, right?

I'm doing okay. Been having lots of ups and downs this week. Saw my parents over the weekend, which was bad, but saw my uncle and his new wife, which was good. Got a temperature tip and an almost positive OPK this morning, which is good, but we talked about getting rid of our dog last night, which is bad. Got a noise complaint... Arrived home to find an officer waiting at our door, because the dog barked for two hours straight. It's a huge mess.

I started going into pretermlabor everyday at 31 weeks and my baby stopped growing at 25 weeks. And I had some fancy word that means I pretty much puked my way to the brink of death haha looks like a skelton untill 6 months when I was finally not ill anymore. But they are mostly worried about my highblood pressure. I got it durring the last pregnancy and it hasn't gone away only gotton worse and the betablockers barely help. So mostly worried about getting a lot of bloodclots. But also the iugr and preterm babie.
I'm a day late now but getting negetives across the board. So bleh. Haha

And noooo keep the puppy :( are dog has really bad anxiety as well. She tore the rug across half the room once haha. You can get medicine for them, we go the easy route of leaving the tv on for her. Never got a noice complaint sense. Minus you know..loud tv. Haha

Hyperemesis gravidarum?

Yeesh, sounds like it truly was hard! Have you tried anything else besides a beta blocker? ACE inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, ARBs...? Also, is your cycle regular, or does it fluctuate?

We've tried leaving the TV on. It doesn't help. Tried the radio, and lights. Nope. Tried calming liquid from PetSmart. Nope. Tried the ThunderShirt. Still doesn't help. Now we've resorted to using a muzzle.

Yea. That stupid word resuting in no gravy and mashpotatoes on thanksgiving or chocolates on chirstmas >(
Cycle was alway regular before my last pregnancy 28 days every time. Sense jeremy its been every 25 days for 3 cycles now. Today marks day 29.
And aw poor baby :/ well I hope something works soon. I olmost had to get rid of my furbaby before and I hated every second of it. And now I have 11 puppies to give away. Oh the heartbreal I will face in 7 more weeks

pitbull/labs they are possitivly adorable :) but there is sooo many. what happened to first litter is the smallest? what will the next be 15? haha

How come you didn't get her spayed? My dog was pregnant when they found her, and they aborted all her puppies. :( She still had huge mammary glands when we got her, the poor thing.

we wanted one litter first before getting her spayed. she treats all cats like they are her puppies so shed always be a wonderful mama. We are keep one or two. I have one named poe <3 he looked like a panda when he was born. haha

terrible haha.. had a chemical pregnancy last week, made it to 5 weeks and 2 days, and now my little man is sick. he started screaming bloody murder all of last night and his temp got really high so we took him to the doctors today and everything is perfectly fine except his temp is still high and his white blood cell count is threw the roof. their doing a culture to see if his kidneys are infected but they said his urine looked clear. soooo he has an infection, and his doctor has no idea where. put him on antibiotics and said to call if his temp rises after 24 hours. but if his temp rises anymore tonight im taking him to the e.r

how are you? haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"