I had no idea that so many complications could come with pregnancy...Update pg3

Hi ladies, I promised to keep this updated, so I just wanted to let you know that OH got his blood tested today...we had slight hopes because it turned out his dad is O-, but unfortunately OH is O+ so now to wait until the 14th when I get my screening done...fingers crossed all will be ok :)

There is still a small chance your previous pregnancies were - . Not to get hopes up but + is dominant. We get a letter (A, B, O) and a rh-factor (+, -) from our parents. A and B are codominant and + is dominant. So your OH carries genes for both + and -. Since his dad is -, he must have passed - to his son...yet his son ultimately is + bc his mom must have passed it to him. But anyway, since you must be -/- to be considered rh- , you still have a 25% chance your baby is -. Sry if that's confusing.... It's hard to give a good explanation from my phone!

Just bc oh produces rh protein, does not mean he doesn't have the gene to pass on -. We know he has it bc he got it from his pops!

Hi ladies, I promised to keep this updated, so I just wanted to let you know that OH got his blood tested today...we had slight hopes because it turned out his dad is O-, but unfortunately OH is O+ so now to wait until the 14th when I get my screening done...fingers crossed all will be ok :)

There is still a small chance your previous pregnancies were - . Not to get hopes up but + is dominant. We get a letter (A, B, O) and a rh-factor (+, -) from our parents. A and B are codominant and + is dominant. So your OH carries genes for both + and -. Since his dad is -, he must have passed - to his son...yet his son ultimately is + bc his mom must have passed it to him. But anyway, since you must be -/- to be considered rh- , you still have a 25% chance your baby is -. Sry if that's confusing.... It's hard to give a good explanation from my phone!

Just bc oh produces rh protein, does not mean he doesn't have the gene to pass on -. We know he has it bc he got it from his pops!

Hey thanks for the response....to totally change everything were correct that his dad is positive, they said he was the universal blood group which is known as o negative however, where they live in the Philippines they are apparently saying O positive is still classed as universal as well. OH was just talking to his sister who said dad is the same as you and OH said no, dad is o negative the universal group and she said O positive is also known as the universal so we had to then explain that no it is not, so we got our hopes up for nothing...I really could have screamed because I've been doing research based on his dad being negative...although they don't actually know I'm pregnant yet, so I couldn't say anything. I will have to put an update on my last post, sorry

Don't apologize!!! Sry to hear that...that's frustrating :( either way, just focus on your results. You can still have Baby no matter what...just might have to add a few extra care steps. So don't lose hope :)

Don't apologize!!! Sry to hear that...that's frustrating :( either way, just focus on your results. You can still have Baby no matter what...just might have to add a few extra care steps. So don't lose hope :)

Thank you. I've read that the chances of blood crossing from a mc or ectopic are very low and giving the shot is more of a precaution, plus there are ladies on here that haven't had the shot and they were ok, so I'm hoping and praying all will be well. I just don't want to have to leave my job and OH to return to the UK, if I do have antibodies, but to ensure I get the best treatment I will have to :cry:

Hey hun, I'm not Rh- (I'm A+) but there are also other antibodies you can develop and I have anti-e. I have this either from blood crossing with my first born or from the blood transfusion I had after he was born.

Honestly I wouldn't stress at all until you get your results back about whether or not you have antibodies. If you do have antibodies it's still not a huge deal unless your blood crosses with babies, so you'll have to be extra careful with any bumps or falls. You'll have fortnightly blood tests up to 28 weeks then weekly from then on to monitor your titres (how diluted your blood has to be before the antibodies are no longer detected)
When you give birth you'll have cord blood collected and tested to check if your blood has crossed the placenta, if it has, baby may then have regular blood tests and may be severely jaundiced. When you give birth your care providers will be well aware of what to look for and when to act. I'd recommend you ensure the cord is clamped ASAP after birth to minimize the time after birth that your blood could possibly cross into babies.

I've done a fair bit of research on antibody issues because I was wanting a homebirth so if you have any question feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out x

Amandadad192 thank you so much for that info, I really am trying to stay calm and think positive. Google makes that very hard, but now trying to avoid Google as well.

Amandadad192 thank you so much for that info, I really am trying to stay calm and think positive. Google makes that very hard, but now trying to avoid Google as well.

Yeah, google is a baaaad idea! I found out I have gestational thrombocytopenia (aka during pregnancy, low platelets) and googled it and cried for two days thinking I was going to die from hemorrhage and blood loss at delivery....WRONG! lol it's extra hard when you're pregnant with the hormones and your baby is involved to not always thinking worst-case-scenario and freak, but the reality is that chances are everything is just FINE and if it's not, it's not something modern medicine hasn't been able to help to the degree that is isn't too much of a big deal anymore! It's just better to know if we'll need the extra help/care ahead of time instead after it's too late. ...which is what we're doing by going to the prenatal appts and all that. :) So one step ahead already!
I seriously have great faith in your situation, and we're all rooting for you :hug: <3

Hey ladies, I said I would report back when I finally got my results which was today and I am so relieved and thankful to report that I have NOT developed the antibodies so I just need to make sure I have the injections. I am feeling soooo much better now after 4 weeks of stressing out. thanks for all the advice you gave ladies x

Hey ladies, I said I would report back when I finally got my results which was today and I am so relieved and thankful to report that I have NOT developed the antibodies so I just need to make sure I have the injections. I am feeling soooo much better now after 4 weeks of stressing out. thanks for all the advice you gave ladies x

That's great to hear!!!!

I am RH- and my daughter is not. I got the Rhogam shot during my first pregnancy and again after my daughter was born. I had an early miscarriage immediately before we conceived this baby and I did not get another shot. No one even mentioned it to me. I'm getting the shot next week though. I can't believe I didn't think about it, or that no one mentioned it!

I am RH- and my daughter is not. I got the Rhogam shot during my first pregnancy and again after my daughter was born. I had an early miscarriage immediately before we conceived this baby and I did not get another shot. No one even mentioned it to me. I'm getting the shot next week though. I can't believe I didn't think about it, or that no one mentioned it!

From the research I've done it looks like the shot is given after a mc or ectopic purely as a precaution and only if it gets to the stage when b
The baby has blood pumping throughits bosy...My mc was at 8/9 weeks which is around the time you should be concerned, so if you had an early mc I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, plus you're already in the third trimester and doing well...I had double the chance of having the antibodies and thankfully it's a negative. I'm sorry if bringing this thread up again has worried you in any way x

From the research I've done it looks like the shot is given after a mc or ectopic purely as a precaution and only if it gets to the stage when b
The baby has blood pumping throughits bosy...My mc was at 8/9 weeks which is around the time you should be concerned, so if you had an early mc I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, plus you're already in the third trimester and doing well...I had double the chance of having the antibodies and thankfully it's a negative. I'm sorry if bringing this thread up again has worried you in any way x

Oh no, don't feel sorry! I'm not too worried about it, although your reply did make me feel so much better. I was only five weeks along, so that's probably why no one mentioned it. Glad everything worked out and you don't have the antibodies!

Thank you so much for keeping us updated!!! I've been thinking about you a lot. Prayers and hope for continuing a great and healthy pregnancy :) :) how far along are you now?

Thank you so much for keeping us updated!!! I've been thinking about you a lot. Prayers and hope for continuing a great and healthy pregnancy :) :) how far along are you now?

Thank you that's really sweet. I am now 15 weeks 3 days, so still a fair bit of time to go, but bump is just starting to show a little so im getting more excited. Not long for you I see, due in 2 weeks, how exciting. I will keep you in my thoughts x x

Thank you that's really sweet. I am now 15 weeks 3 days, so still a fair bit of time to go, but bump is just starting to show a little so im getting more excited. Not long for you I see, due in 2 weeks, how exciting. I will keep you in my thoughts x x

15 weeks is great! I hope time flies for you (if that's what you want, of course, lol). Yeah, I'm still slightly in denial my baby will be here so soon, but I'm ready to meet this baby and be a mommy :) . Do you have a preg journal on here?

So glad to read this update! Hopefully now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

15 weeks is great! I hope time flies for you (if that's what you want, of course, lol). Yeah, I'm still slightly in denial my baby will be here so soon, but I'm ready to meet this baby and be a mommy :) . Do you have a preg journal on here?

So sorry for not responding to this sooner, I totally spaced and forgot to check the thread for further replies. I am now 17 weeks and although I don't want the whole pregnancy to fly by, I would like the next 15 weeks to and then I'll feel like I'm in a more confident position should baby show early...I hope that makes sense.

No, I don't have a journal actually, I was never very good at writing them when I was younger, so expect I would be the same now haha

I hope you're feeling well. You have your next doctors appointment tomorrow right. I hope it all goes well. Eek not long at all now!!

So glad to read this update! Hopefully now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thank you, I am certainly trying to now. Good luck to you, I can see you're due very soon x x

So sorry for not responding to this sooner, I totally spaced and forgot to check the thread for further replies. I am now 17 weeks and although I don't want the whole pregnancy to fly by, I would like the next 15 weeks to and then I'll feel like I'm in a more confident position should baby show early...I hope that makes sense.

No, I don't have a journal actually, I was never very good at writing them when I was younger, so expect I would be the same now haha

I hope you're feeling well. You have your next doctors appointment tomorrow right. I hope it all goes well. Eek not long at all now!!

Baby actually arrived this morning :)

Baby actually arrived this morning :)

OMG how fantastic, congratulations!! I'm going to stalk some of your threads quickly to get all the news hehe I hope you and the little one are doing well...really happy for you Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->