I have a confession!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by starah, Apr 9, 2009.

1. starah

starah Well-Known Member

When I first found out I was pregnant, I stopped drinking caffeine for about a week. But since then I usually have about 3 cans of caffeinated pop a day :dohh:!! I know you have to drink like 8 for it to have a negative affect on your baby, but I still feel guilty :blush: I'm just so tired it's the only way I can stay awake these days!

Anybody else been naughty with caffeine? Or have any other confessions to get off your chest?

2. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

I eat about 5 tins of tuna a week and that's me restraining myself!!! :rofl:

I seriously NEEEEEEEED tuna!

(I also drank coffee in my other two pregnancies and I would this time if I could stomach it)

3. lissagayle

lissagayle Well-Known Member

I confess, the same thing happened with me. When I first found out I quit drinking caffeine that day. But since then I usually have 3-4 cans a day also. That is what I crave..when me and my boyfriend go to the store he will buy me different juices, hoping that i will drink more of those than the soda. It doesnt work!!! I just hate the taste of them right now. But when i was at my obgyn the other day and told them how much i was drinking, he just said to make sure i was getting my water intake like i needed, didnt say anything about that was to much or that it was a risk.

4. cleckner04

cleckner04 ✭Emma & Rylan's Mama✭

I confess that I have been craving sushi like mad. And on the day that I hit the 20 week mark, we went out and I had a ton of it. It was my one bad day when we were celebrating the halfway point of the pregnancy. I avoided the really fishy kind of sushi and stuck with mostly the crabmeat type but I had a LOT of it. :blush: And I felt GOOD afterwards.

5. ShadowRat

ShadowRat Well-Known Member

I drink coffee every morning, but it's just one, so I guess that's not so naughty! I was taking vitamin supplements and all that stuff, but I stopped at about 12 weeks :blush:

As long as we don't do stupid things like eating mouldy raw eggs or something like that then I think we're allowed a little bit of "leeway" in the strict rules of dos and don't dos of pregnancy :winkwink:

6. starah

starah Well-Known Member

Oh gosh I completely forgot about the prenatal vitamins I never take. Whoopsies...I was doing so well on those too but have taken them like twice in the last two weeks!

7. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 3 on Earth, 1 in Heaven

I still drink caffeine often. I quit drinking it for about a week and started getting terrible headaches, which came down to caffeine withdrawl. Now, if I can get my hands on it, I'll drink one Mt. Dew a day. It's not everyday, though, and I only have one and no other caffeinated drinks. So I suppose I'm not doing too bad. lol.

8. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

I drink caffiene whenever I feel like it. Thankfully, It isn't daily. But when I go to a resturant I will have several large glasses of iced tea. Or I might order a giant soda. I also sneak a few bites of cookie dough when I bake cookies. And I eat lots of fish. I try to stick to the lower mercury kind, but I can't resist albacore tuna once in a while. And I know, for a fact, that I would eat soft goat cheese if it was put in front of me!

9. Lorien

Lorien Well-Known Member

I still have a few cups of tea a day -- at 40mg per teabag, I can have a few and still be below the 300mg daily maximum.

10. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

I do drink quite a few cups of tea. I crave cream soda soooo bad. I cant leave it alone. Im actually drinking a can now lol

11. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

I can go days without tea and then I'll have 3 or 4 cups a day. I had given it up whilst ttc but I drink it now partly because I want it and partly because my Nana (the tea drinking fiend we called Nanny Teapot) died at Christmas and it makes me feel closer to her somehow.

I have the odd cup of coffee when I'm feeling constipated too :blush: as it gets things moving!

And while I took prenatal vits religiously whilst ttc and for the first 12 weeks, I forget all the time now... :blush:

12. Anababe

Anababe Well-Known Member

I was perfect in my first pregnancy, gave up caffine, tuna, eggs.. everything! ths time.. well i think i forget im pregnant!! :rofl:

I stopped taking my folic acid at 11 weeks :blush:

totally foget im not supposed to have caffine! Im sat here now with a big bottle of coke next to me.. oops. Ok its diet so thats ok right?? :dohh: lol

I went for a meal other day.. i actually did forget i was pregnant lol i ordered steak - medium rare! :shock: i only realised 2 days later :blush:

I eat loads of tuna.. and tons of mayo on EVERYTHING! Never would i be able to give that up.. lol even though shop bought mayo is generally safe in pregnancy..i dont think the amounts i eat it in are safe for non pregnant people never mind us! :rofl::rofl:

Edited to say - sorry! im not supposed to be over here yet :blush::rofl:

13. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

i opened a bottle of wine the other evening. i had half a glass and left the rest! the bottke is still calling me. my hubby allowed me to as it was the start of the holidays! i drink caffine still but hubby makes sure i keep well below the limit and when i bake cakes i cant help but taste! its the only way i know i'm going to enjoy it baked!!!

confessions over! not so bad when its written

14. peekers

peekers Well-Known Member

im naughty with caffine and drink about the same as u, 3 cans of pop :)

15. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I think we all slip every now and then, Im not doing too bad, have the odd full sugar soda or Mcdonalds milkshake or Mcflurry but Dh makes sure I don't step over the line too much, bless him, I don't drink tea or coffee anyway so its not too bad for me. take care :hugs: XX

16. Tsia

Tsia My MyloMan - he turned 1!

I think I get my caffeine fix from chocolate.. seriously I eat loads EVERYDAY.. yesterday I had 7.. yes SEVEN cadburys creme eggs!!

all each day I can have 2-3 cups of tea.. maybe a glass of coke/pepsi etc.

I dont think I am overdoing it on caffeine though. I just give the body what it wants.. usually chocolate.

Thank god for easter eggs! lol

17. teeny-j

teeny-j Well-Known Member

the only confessin i have is that i stopped taking folic acid at about 7 weeks. i took it religiously for 5 months before i got my bfp and for the first 7 weeks i was good. then it kind of fell by the way side.

18. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I have 2~3cups of caffine coffee a day plus the decaff on a night :hugs:

19. xxKelxx

xxKelxx Well-Known Member

I have a couple of cans of caffeinated pop each day but I try to drink the decaf ones.

I've been eating and drinking pretty much everything my body craves during pregnancy.

The only thing that i've totally cut out is alcohol. I know a little won't hurt but it would only make me want more. It's killing me, I love my wine, and i'm only half way!

20. Siyren

Siyren Guest

i ahve the odd full sugar soda, its the only thing that keeps me going at work (i work at a nightclub-something i'd love to quit, but i need maternity pay!)
    but i dont drink tea or coffee so i guess thats ok, i have no where near the limit!
    i prob eat too much sugar tbh, but im trying to get my fruit and veg in there too x