I have been off work for a week... Going stir crazy!!!

KayCee114

Mummy to Grace <3
Reaction score
I called in sick last Friday as when I woke up I had a nasty sore throat, nausea, stuffy nose, and was so tired. Also had some spotting so went to the doctors who sent me for an early scan and all was fine.

Carried on feeling rubbish over bank holiday weekend, only went out for 4 and a half hours on Monday and then got too tired. Been in the house on my own all week feeling nauseus, watching daytime tv with a bucket next to me.

Bit of a pointless post I guess, but I'm just feeling sorry for myself and felt like having a moan!

Getting over my throat infection now, still got a cough.

Anyone else been off work?

Work have been really good with me and said to stay off as long as I need to and to look after myself. I'm just wondering how long it's going to be that I have to stay off. I would like to go back, but o sit quite a way from the toilets and have to take a lot of calls from customers, and I can hardly cut them off just cos I need to run to the loo...

Any suggestions to ease nausea that will mean I can go back to work? Or am I just going to have to stay off?

Thanks for reading ladies.

Xxx

I am off work (got laid off last week, my company is sold). One week and counting.. First time since I am 16 I don't have a job or two and not busy. I feel your pain, at least you know it'll be over soon. I might be looking at over a year of sitting home if I don't find a job (in this economy Ha!) within a month or two before I start to show. And for me it is incredibly surreal since I work 24/7, sleeping with my blackberry ugh.
There is no advice at all, just ranting with you :)

Oh and advice to ease off nausea there are tons: seabands is definitely number one for many people here, mint tea, ginger ale and ginger root, mints, crackers. See what works for you.

:hi: hey :) ... i had a friend who had really bad nausea (sick at least 14 times a day) and she was off for most of the 1st Tri :( hopefully you'll feel a bit better when sore throat clears up though :thumbup:
as for having time off.. with Hadyn i was off work from like week 20 onwards (and i asnt allowed to drive) i found books were my saving grace - that and i got an adventure game for my computer and just tried to fill my day with the odd 20 mins of housework, then 20 mons book, then game etc.. found that worked quite well.. also made a lot of phone calls to people like elec/gas company etc to work out finances for when i went on mat leave and my pay stopped.. (Although if im honest this was more so that i had some human contact in the daytime!!) i know its dull but i found it worked... Hope you feel better hun

xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->