I hope I'm not gonna regret this!

adzuki

Mom to Miss M.
Reaction score
Booked a camping trip with my OH this year for the July long weekend! I should be about 36+5 when we go!!:blush:

OH and I loooove camping and hiking and the like, and I just had to go at least once this year, so we picked a place (Cultus Lake) that is within about 30 minutes from a hospital (and probably about an hour and a bit from the hospital where I'm registered), I'll use my air mattress for comfort, and smother myself in skin so soft and bounce sheets for the mozzies - but I wanna smell campfire and the fresh air once this summer!!!!

Am I crazy? Anyone have any other tips for me???

:)
A

Very brave! lol Hope you have a good time though!

edit:seems im having a day where i can't spell lol

:rofl: I run avon.....and we sell LOADS of skin so soft stuff for the mozzies.....so it must work!!!

ur very brave going camping though with a big bump!! u never know though all that fresh air might give u the best nights sleep youve ever had!!! lol

Why not? If that's what you enjoy doing, then do it. You're still going to be only half an hour from a hospital if anything happens (the place where I plan to have my baby is 45 minutes from my house). Whether you're camping or in your own bed, what's the difference? Enjoy it - and make the most of it. OH and I plan to do loads of camping this summer, because we don't know what life will be like next year. The only difference compared with what we usually do is that we will do more weekends rather than a couple of two-week holidays.

yer go for it,,

I am going to see Jim Davidson in front row at 39 weeks!! I will be half hour from a hospital too.. people saying I am crazy too.

Not crazy! We were going to backpack into the Stein on the Easter long weekend but decided not to only because I have my last exam tomorrow, not because of pregnancy concerns. Then I wanted to go camping on the May long weekend, but Steve has a gig. Now I want to go camping in July! Maybe we'll go to Manning...

Thanks ladies! Brave or stupid, I guess only time will tell!!! I can't help feeling like a "crazy canuck" though. Still, there is nothing like watching the light shift and creep towards darkness through the trees, or the smell of campfire as you roast marshmellows and count the stars coming out... not to be missed, preggo or no!!!

I will definitely try the Skin So Soft - any other advice? Do S'mores cause heartburn???

Lorien, why don't you book a spot at Clear Creek with us for the weekend? Manning would be nice though too. I am going to miss my yearly trip up to Birkenhead though :(

That's a great idea! What days are you going? Do you know what area you're booked in? I haven't camped at Cultus before so I don't know the campgrounds at all.

Have a nice trip but i think youre brave though. Have fun xxx

I have avoided cultus in the past because the lake allows motorized boats and it is usually jammed full of families - not the quietest haven, but likely the closest to civilization. Still - for this time in my pregnancy, lots of people and close to town with lots of mod cons was a decent compromise!

We are at the Clear Creek site from Friday July 3rd to Sunday the 5th - 60$ to reserve on discover Camping. C U there? Yay! Another crazy person like me!

A

I just booked a house in the south of france for a week in June. I'll be 32 -33 weeks and undertaking a 10hour road trip each way, but with the hood down and the sun shining I can't wait. I would have left it later but its getting the time from work thats difficult without having the holiday run into my maternity leave!

Well,

We both know your crazy.:rofl:

But, as long as you take it easy. I think the camping trip sounds wonderfully relaxing, if you like that kind of thing.

It's Cultus Lake, not the middle of the Australian outback.

Have fun girl.:hug:

I agree, you're brave, but I have to imagine it will be easier to camp while the baby is in than once it is out, right?
I say enjoy your outing...and make sure you have lots of ice and comfy clothes!!

oooo cultus (sorry im in this section lol)! thats not far at all you will have so much fun!!!

adzuki ... you are not too far from me... I live just out from Bellingham...

I do think you are brave to be camping... but the hospital isn't that far away...

I am taking a trip to Ocean Shores WA when I am 37 weeks (about a 5 hour drive)... I don't know where the nearest hospital is... but my husband is marrying his sister there so I can't miss it... plus it is our only vacation this summer... :(

I say.. good for you... go camping... have fun... cause when the baby is here camping will be a bit more challenging... :)

Booked a camping trip with my OH this year for the July long weekend! I should be about 36+5 when we go!!:blush:

Am I crazy?

In a word ... YES !!!! :saywhat: :nope: :grr: :-=

Nuts, woman. You are nuts. (Of course this is coming from the woman who doesn't like camping at the best of times...)

If you end up at a hospital near Cultus Lake you'll have to let me know. It's probably only 45 min from me. ;)

I just booked a house in the south of france for a week in June. I'll be 32 -33 weeks and undertaking a 10hour road trip each way, but with the hood down and the sun shining I can't wait. I would have left it later but its getting the time from work thats difficult without having the holiday run into my maternity leave!

That sounds like a dream vacation! I gotta say, sometimes I am jealous of you European ladies, all able to pop across borders to exotic locales. No offence intended towards our southern neighbours, its just that, well, they look and sound an awful lot like us - not too exotic! Have a fabulous trip!!!!

A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"