I hope you guys don't mind me asking.....

SugarFairy

Reaction score
Hi all
I was here not too long back and I'm slowly making my way through first tri.
You ladies were good to me and I've made some friends here :flower:

I have a question for a friend. She's posted in mc support and this does probably better belong there but she's not had an answer and I know she's really upset and needing to know whats going on.
Basically on 15th Dec her HCG level was 43. Yesterday, 21st Dec, it was 54. Its low and remaining low. Is she having a miscarriage? The hospital have told her nothing, just literally given her the numbers and told her to go back in a week. And she's left with a lot of questions.

I appreciate any replies from you ladies, or she's puppycat in mc support if you'd rather post directly to her on her thread here -
https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/491749-does-sound-like-miscarriage.html

Thank you and sticky dust to you all x

hi, i cant help much, but didnt want to read n run. has she had a scan done? since hcg is meant to double every 2 days, i would b worried, but then have also heard stories of this happening and it being fine (google misdiagnosed miscarriage).

hope it all works out well x

I don't want to r&e but I'd say she needs an early scan x

Thank you both for replying.

The EPAU refuse to scan me as they say until HCG reaches 1000+ they won't see anything. I keep asking :(

Hi Puppycat.
So sorry you are going through this.
Have you had any bleeding? are you in any pain? have you still got a positive pregnancy test? I would keep pestering EPAU, and hope that somebody agrees to help you. Good luck
xx

Sorry I don't know :shrug: I never had HCG levels checked until I was miscarrying but my HCG levels were high (a few thousand) when I went to the ER and I still was in the middle/end of miscarrying so I don't actually put much weight on HCG levels. I'd say that it's probably just a matter of waiting and seeing if she has any cramping or red blood and also an internal scan to see if there is bleeding in the uterus. I'm so sorry for your friend but I hope that it is only a scare and nothing more.:hugs:

I had bleeding early last week. I have had a dull ache since my period but when I bled it became pretty intense. That's when I first went to the EPAU.
I haven't had any bleeding since but still have this continuing ache in my tummy and back.
The horrid thing is I keep getting waves of nausea which I would assume are due to pregnancy hormones and i'm constantly weeing.
The nurse in the EPAU did a pregnancy urine test on Tuesday which was 25miu and came up faintly positive. I haven't bothered to do any since. I'm feeling a bit down about it all and POAS isn't as exciting atm x

Im sorry Hun.
How many weeks pg are you?
xx

I honestly have no idea. I didn't even know I was pg. I was due my period on 8th Dec (28day cycle) and it arrived (or what I assume was my period) I have even stumped the EPAU Dr, he doesn't have a clue when i ov'd and neither do i!

Not helpful i know.

Wow sounds like a hard one!

I can see why EPAU won't do a scan, there really isn't anything to see with hormone level so low. But that doesn't help, does it?

I guess just keep pestering them, have as many tests done as possible, etc. Let them know you're worried. I found the nurses at the EPAU were amazing, especially when I told them how worried & scared I was.

:hugs: to you. I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time.

Thanks hun, it isn't an easy question is it?! lol
I just have to sit and wait i guess.

The EPAU nurses are lovely, they have answered the questions i have asked but their hands are tied as the Drs have all the decision making powers unfortunately.

It sounds as though you could be 6 weeks pregnant, judging by your dates. If your period was due on 8th december, but it wasnt your period, it was bleeding in pregnancy? But if you were 6 weeks, your HCG levels would be higher than that?

Or maybe the bleed you had on 8th december was implantation bleed? which would mean you are only a couple of weeks pregnant, and therefore the lower HCG levels are justified?

Oh I trully hope the Doctors figure something out! I really feel for you Hun
:hugs:
xx

It doesn't add up does it! I'm a mystery!

It definitely wasn't implantation because it was heavy enough for me to think it was my actual period. It lasted 4 days as normal too, then 3 days after i'd finished i started to bleed again and got a BFP.

If i'd have miscarried then you'd think my levels would have fallen, granted they haven't risen much but they should have fallen to nothing surely? Meh.... confusing.

I really dont want to say this to you, Hun. But its the only thing I can think of.....
I had an ectopic pregnancy in June this year, and one of the key symptoms of ectopics are HCG levels rising slowly, but not doubling. Also, bleeding, and intense pain.
I had all 3 symptoms.
I trully hope this is not the case for you, Hun. But if it is, you need help, and you need your doctor to pull his finger out. Please let me know how you get on. You are in my thoughts :hugs:
xx

Thanks hun, i thought that too but I'm not sure what I can do now until my appt on Wednesday next week?

It doesn't help with Christmas being smack bang in between either. I will go to the EPAU if I have any bleeding or pain in the next few days but it's the not knowing :s

Thanks for all your replies xx

Puppycat I am so sorry to read this. I have two bits of advice for you; firstly I have a friend on here who also had slow rising hcg levels, the doctors told her it was either a miscarriage or ectopic and to prepare for both. They put her through hell and I was so angry BUT she is currently 12 weeks pregnant and very happy and healthy.

Secondly if your body is retaining any of the pregnancy your continue to have pregnancy symptoms and unfortunately positive pregnancy tests too. I had a mmc which didn't start bleeding until 4 weeks after I lost the baby and in that 4 weeks I managed to develop morning sickness for the first time and continue with most of my pregnancy symptoms. My HPT were also showing positive for two weeks after the bleeding started and 6 weeks after the actual loss.

I really hope your story has a happy ending though, thinking of you :hugs: xx

Thank you for replying feisty, I am so pleased it all ended happily for your friend, more so that she can finally relax about it all.

I just wish Christmas didn't fall in the middle of all this but life goes on eh? Might be just as well to focus on something else for a few days until my next appt. Hopefully will be able to demand an internal scan at least next week x

Good luck, Hun.
Hope your story has a happy ending.
Try and enjoy Christmas as best you can.
:hugs:
xx

I'll be thinking of you chickadee, please PM me to let me know how you got on :hugs:

Thanks ladies, had more bloods today so as soon as I get those results in about an hour I will update you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->