I just can't let them have her!

Omg, I would have had a shit fit if my MIL had done that to me when Bren was only a week old. How dare she! You have every right to tell them all NO. My mother was at my house the first 10 days, and I hardly ever handed Bren over to her, I just was not ready to let my baby go. Even when my MIL flew over from the UK when Bren was 3 weeks, I had to force myself to hand him over. I really think it is natural instinct not to want to hand them over. Remmber this is YOUR baby, put your foot down and tell them all NO.

:rofl: at shit fit, thats a very english thing to say :rofl:

Erm, my kids are 10months, 4 and 5 and I've never let my Mum or MIL take them anywhere without me....yet:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

I think there all bang out of order.
She's still a tiny little thing who needs her mummy, not to be passed from pilar to post, and paraded here, thre & everywhere.
Thankfully our families 350 miles away so don't have this problem.

She needs stability, and to get into a routine before she is left with anyone to be shown off or otherwise.

I agree with hypnorm i really wouldn't be happy leaving my LO alone with anyone before they were 3 months old.
I still found going back to work when my DD was 14 weeks old difficult, even though she was looked after by dad, and she was no3. I still had to fight the urge to phine him every hour, I managed to only phone 4 times :dohh:

You'll have to put you foot down, & make sure OH backs you up.

Aww hon!! At the end of the day she is only 10 days old and this should be a time for you and her to be getting in to some sort of routine. She has no right to just announce that she is taking her out! :hugs:

Wow- I'd be livid also. Put your foot down and don't let anyone do anything that makes you uncomfortable. She's your child! If people get angry, hurt or upset- let them feel their feelings- they'll get over it.

Omg, I would have had a shit fit if my MIL had done that to me when Bren was only a week old. How dare she! You have every right to tell them all NO. My mother was at my house the first 10 days, and I hardly ever handed Bren over to her, I just was not ready to let my baby go. Even when my MIL flew over from the UK when Bren was 3 weeks, I had to force myself to hand him over. I really think it is natural instinct not to want to hand them over. Remmber this is YOUR baby, put your foot down and tell them all NO.

:rofl: at shit fit, thats a very english thing to say :rofl:

I have been living with an englishman for 7 years now, what can I say. :dohh:

I definitely do not think that you are being overly dramatic. She is only ten days old and there is no way that anyone would dare take my Alex away from me especially without asking me, even now! I think that you should tactfully tell them to leave you alone!

What the? She's not even 2 weeks old ffs! Why are your in-laws passing her round like a toy, especially when your not there! She's your daughter, you're not being dramatic at all!! I would b so pissed off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->