I lost my dad today

Im so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad when I was 16. So I know the feeling. I wish I could say it gets easier, but really it doesnt. You just learn to live without them.

Allow yourself time to grieve and explain it to your son when you are ready. I like to do things to remember my Dad on the anniversary that he passed. Something that reminds me of him and how much I love and miss him. I do the same thing for my Brother who passed also.

Sending :hugs: your way hun

Thank you everyone.

Inge, I'm so sorry you lost your mum. My dad was also 51, his birthday is on the 28th October, I've got his cake and presents in the cupboard. Right now they think my dad either had a heart attack or a asthma attack, fell and hit his head.
I can't even put into words how I'm feeling.

I understand how you're feeling I lost my dad in September last year age 53 and although it's been a year it still feels like yesterday
It's hard, take it one day at a time. It hurts dad won't see my baby in person although I believe he is always around
Thinking of you

Thank you so much everyone.
At the moment I haven't had a chance to mope around all day and let everything sink in. I'm my dad's next of kin so have had to get up and go. Luckily my aunties have been helping me sort things out, I wouldn't of known where to start at 22!
But I didn't want to let them take over because I know my dad and what he would of wanted, I need to be his voice.
Really all I want to do is go to his place, crawl in to his bed and stay there for days, but I just can't. I have to get on with it for my son.

At times this isn't feeling real, and then it will hit me all over again.
OH has been really good, but last night he upset me a bit.
He keeps "trying it on" with me. And it's making me cringe. My sex drive was already low since falling pregnant, but now I can't get my dad out of my head. He got upset and said its just because I don't love him or fancy him anymore. It annoyed me that he turned it around on me and made it all about him.
friday he was the best! Took my son out all day, tidied the house before I got home, cuddles and loads of love. Then yesterday not much support.

So sorry for your loss. All the best to your family during this difficult time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the happy memories carry you through this difficult time x

I am SO sorry :hugs:

I lost my mom in October '13 to cancer...only a few months before I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. It was the absolute worst thing to go through not having her around for my pregnancy, so I know exactly how you feel. It will take some time but it does get easier. I promise. I don't know if you're religious/believe in angels...but what helps me whenever I feel sad about not having my mom here is thinking how all of my kids will have such a beautiful guardian angel watching over them & protecting them.

If you ever want to talk, please feel free to PM me :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->