I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Babyhalfoff.com has mystery bags today! Grab one before there gone, i went with 6-12months. Last time i got alot of great stuff!

I cant today coz I dont have money in my account and hubby cant put it in there coz hes not at work till monday..guess I'll miss this one..we are buying a highchair and stuff anyway so that will be our baby stuff for the month

Congrats!

I just wanted to let you all know about our sleep training....to give you all some hope. Night one (no sleep props AKA pacifier), cried for 50 min and slept completely no waking until 6! 7PM-6AM Night two she cried for 15, woke up once to eat and when I put her awake back in her crib, she turned over and went to bed. Tonight we put her in her crib and she moved around to get comfy and went to bed!!!! Naps are a totally different story BUT we are sleeping amazingly at night.

We were so against CIO but it had to be done and we are all sleeping so well including Molly! Hope this gives some of you hope if you are planning on doing it at some point!

Hello ladies....Haven't met with OB yet...probably not til April..so not sure about C section....if baby doesn't turn breach I'd like to try VBAC....
My C-section scar didn't give me any problems so I am hoping it won't cause any issues...
I am due Oct. 28th....Ruby was due Oct 20th last year ....lol a year and a week apart....
Not as many or as strong symptoms this time around...I was in complete denial about testing....figured I could wait...wasn't really too late....that type of thing....I am 5 weeks now and have more nausea then I did last time...so I am wondering if this one is a boy??!!

you are a braver woman than me, but at least 12 months isn't too bad a gap, they tend to not be at the me me me stage at that point. By 18 months -2 years old they are very much me, me, me and it is harder to adjust to a sibling. I watch the kids at nursery and the younger ones or older ones are much better when a sibling comes along, also girl toddlers seem to be better at adjusting than boys in general. Please nobody shoot the messenger it is just an observation based on the children I work with.

I plan to wait until Alana will be nearly 2.5 - 3 before we have another though just to hopefully create less jealousy (if possible). I say this but as I turn 39 next year I am worried about my age and my body didn't react well to pregnancy last time.

hippylittlej - this was def not planned...I was thinking we aren't having sex very much so this isn't gonna be an issue...I was WRONG!! We were hoping to try closer to the end of my mat leave...but now don't have to worry bout that...LOL
I turn 44 next month so no waiting til Miss Ruby is 2 or 3....This is it for us! One of us is going to "be fixed". LOL
I am super excited and scared but also feeling so blessed!
I have amazing family support...so all will be good!!

It will be an amazing journey for you.

I am 39 in April so I do wonder if we should try earlier than planned but I think it would break my body.

I told hubby that I was paranoid about being preggie again...and he said if I was already he would never do me again lol lol...ive just been super lightheaded lately pretty much all day..and nothing else is different...diet isnt diff...meds arent diff..and then Ive also had my spd back again...

Mrs J dizziness has been a huge one for me this time around...and soooo much nausea!!! Which is different from last year...so maybe we got a boy bean! LOL

I think we're experiencing a growth spurt. Anyone else? My bubs just wants to eat and sleep during the day. Quite glad I'm mixed feeding!

Also who's started weaning? We've given her a small amount of baby rice and last night pureed apple. Most of it was spat out but she enjoyed trying it and swallowed the first spoonful at least.

I am weaning, Alana is loving her food. Started on porridge with banana, the porridge with apple and now she is loving veg and fruit. Today she has broccoli,peas and pear mixed, man she loved it.

Alana is doing lots of daytime napping but we are suffering from bad nights, feeding every two hours, plus she is teething really badly right now.

just took a nap and had a dream that I went to the Dr for something and they hooked me up to a heart thing..I thought it was for me but when the lady took me off it she said..well..it looks like your going to have a boy based on the babys HB lol...and I was soo excited we were having a boy and couldnt wait to get home to tell hubby...soooo weird lol...

I did go in for my last PPD check up and they said to stay on the zoloft till shes 6 months and that I can get preggie right now and still have a VBAC since my Drs time limit is anything after current LO is 1 year old and she would be over 1 by the time any LO would come around now..but that def doesnt mean we are gonna go crazy and start trying lol lol.. how is everyone doing with sleeping and solids and teething and the 4 month shots?

My baby had her last set of jabs quite a while ago. So glad she doesn't have to have any more until she's a year old.

We're doing good with solids. So far she's tried baby rice, rusk, apple, banana, carrot and peas. She's been really good and eating everything I've given her to try. We're not at the stage of replacing any milk feeds with solids yet. I just want her to try some flavours.

As for sleep, hmm well we're over the sleep regression but it's been very difficult to get her to stay in her own bed. She's doing the wake up as soon as her bum touches the cot thing and it's impossible to get her to stay asleep in it the past few nights. She's had a minor cold so I am hoping it's just to do with that. I don't really like co-sleeping but don't have a choice at the moment.

Is anyone going to try sleep training?
Since she's 5 months next week I think it might be time to give it a try. I don't know what I'm doing and how to go about it. I just want her to go in her cot for naps and at night. I could get so much more done if she didn't have to sleep on me or with me!

Stouffer...I was exactly like you...I just wanted her to take naps in her crib alone so I could get stuff done lol....

first you need to start a naptime and bedtime routine..naptime should be around 10 mins..and bedtime around 20-30 minutes..some people will say it doesnt have to be the same specific time everyday (ours arent) but you have to do the routine everytime so they realize its about to be sleep time...

for naptime we read Brieanan a few books (1-2 depending on how fussy she is) and then I always end with this book called Look At Babys House..its a black and white board book and maybe 8 pages long...it goes through wake up...food time...dressing...outside time...playtime..bathtime..teddy bear time and then bedtime....but reading that book lets her know that we werent just reading to read..but its sleep time as well...

then I swaddle her and put her in the crib with her paci in (may not last long but its in to start) and sing her naptime song as Im doing this...ours is just one I made up lol..

naptime for Brieanan
naptime for Brieanan
naptime for Brieanan
because shes a grumpy baby

naptime for Brieanan
naptime for Brieanan
naptime for Brieanan
because shes a tired baby

and then I tell her I love her and to have a good nap and I leave
I usually have to go in a few times and put her paci back in (or if you want to break the paci habit you can say once its out its out and not do that)
and if she cries she cries...now if she starts full on squalling like shes in pain or really screaming for more than 10 or 15 minutes I go in and calm her down but she usually never makes it to that..and if she wakes up early and you catch it early enough you can go in and pat her or put the paci back in and she might go right back to sleep

for bedtime we feed solids and then half as much bottle as she would normally get..so like 3-4 oz instead of 6...then we change her diaper for the night..put her PJs on...and sit in the chair and read (3-4 depending on how grumpy she is) and follow up with the Look at Babys House...then I just hold her and recite the Goodnight Moon book and then I sing her bedtime song..another one I made up lol..

night-time
bed-time
sleepy-time
dreamy-time
(over and over and over)

and then I put her in bed and she usually turns her head and just goes to sleep...same thing with naps though if she cries I check on her and put paci back in etc etc but usually never takes longer than 15 minutes

We tried it last night and it worked! I think she had about 10 minutes of moaning in total and I only had to go in twice to get her to sleep. She even managed to go back into her cot awake after a night feeding! It was great.

I'm going to keep trying today for naps and see if we can keep up the momentum!

I may try something similar after our holiday as she has got too used to being cuddled to sleep. She used to self settle really well. We do have same routine every night though so should be easy enough. Hope everyone is well.

Hey there, I haven't been on here for a while! We started Lauren on avocado last week and she loves it! We are doing sweet potato this weekend. Also this week Lauren rolled from back to tummy several times! She still refuses to go tummy to back, which is funny.

We are really starting to crack down on naps. She does them in her crib now. She had been waking after 30 minutes before and then was still a very tired and cranky baby. My friend calls this a "nap robber". We figured out that we really needed to force her to go back to sleep. Since doing this she has been a much happier baby! I think she is starting to recognize that just because she woke up, does not mean that nap time is over :)

Stouffer- I hope naps are treating you well too :)

is anyone doing anything special Easter wise for the kiddos? We go home for Easter to my families house and will have tons of pics there and Im going to do some Easter themed pics myself but we wont get professional ones done..I also got her a mini felt basket at Target just now and a few little candy things mainly just for the pics..and for me and OH to enjoy later lol..I cant wait till shes old enough next year to get excited!!

also..anyone else doing babys first summer vaca this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->