I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I think we are staying home for Easter, but not for sure yet. I want to go to our church for Easter service. I bought her new pacifiers, a board book on the story of Easter, and a Jesus loves me pacifier clip :) We used an Easter basket with eggs that had candies in them saying "baby coming Oct 2011" on them last year with family to announce we were expecting. I kept the basket, so we are using it for her Easter basket now :)

This week a girl in the neighborhood who is a photographer is doing Easter themed photo shoots. They are doing it out in a field and are setting it up like a tea party with a real bunny. I couldn't resist booking a spot for her. I am excited to see how they turn out!

As far as vacation, we are taking a family trip to the Wisconsin Dells, but nothing too exciting. What are you doing for vacation Mrs Jerome?

we are going to Myrtle Beach end of May..Im super excited..nervous..but excited..

Oh how fun! Her first time seeing the ocean and everything :)

Hey everyone! Havent been on for awhile. Hubby started back to work so its been crazy. This was his 1st week in daycare. It went really good.

MrsJerome we are doing a beach vacation to FL 1st week of May. Im going with my mom. DH was going to go, but now that he got the new job hes stsying home. :(. Im also excited but nervous.

Can everyone believe how big our babies are getting?!

I know! I haven't had her length measured recently but she now weighs 14lbs. She'll soon have doubled her birth weight. I just noticed today is her 5 month birthday :D

No holidays for us this year because we're moving house but we may take a short break somewhere nearby.

We have no plans for easter either. Neither of us is religious so it will just be a normal weekend for us. Hubby doesn't get public holidays off work.

Waiting- our daughter has the same bday and she is a big girl too! At her 4 month she was 16 lb 5 oz! She is also 95 for height so it makes sense she's big.

We are traveling back to England in May for a wedding. I have a feeling the time change won't be so easy now she is on a schedule and not sleeping all the time!

we just had our first family holiday to Cornwall. She travelled really well in the care, we stopped at a friends on the way down for the night but coming home we travelled the full 343 miles. we stopped three times for feed and nappy breaks but it went really well. She was a superstar in her travel cot, even in a strange room. But babies come with so much crap. between travel cot, monitor and enough clothes and vests for at least two changes a day it was a nightmare. we have to take two lots of clothes as she vomits so much and some times she gets through three vests before I can get her clothes on and then a bib. But all in a all a great success. She loves our new connecta baby carrier and so we switched between carrier and buggy when out each day, she loved it.
Naps are going well and bedtime was brilliant, down at 6.30pm up at 12am and then down until 4.30am and then sleeping until 7am ish, however last few nights she has been up loads. I think her teeth are just about coming through poor baby.
glad everyone is well and that Lauren is liking her first tastes.

I didn't realize Mother's Day was a different date in the UK. Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies :)

I did although we had just got back from holiday so we agreed no presents for me. I got a lovely card and after the morning feed I got and extra two hours in bed.

What about you Stouffer?

I got breakfast in bed, a card and a voucher for a spa treatment! Bubs has set the bar pretty high for father's day ;)

Happy Mothers Day to those in the UK!

Did you say that you used a baby carrier? Babysteals.com had ergos posted the other day. I got one, i thought they would be great for vacation next month. Hope our vacation goes as well as yours did.

Little guy hasnt been sick once since he was born. 2days in daycare last week and now he has a cold :(

Is it an early spring where everyone else lives? Its been in the 80s all month here.

It's been really nice here. It was about 17C yesterday which is practically unheard of this time of year where I am.

I have 2 baby carriers. I have a moby wrap which was used about twice. My baby hated it and it was too hard to tie by yourself. I also have a baby bjorn which is great. LO is too heavy for me to use it much now but my OH carries her in it sometimes. It's so convenient when you can just take the escalator instead of queuing for the lift.

Waiting I have an ergo and really like it :) It would have been nice for travel in the airport, but since we were going to a wedding we wanted the stroller for her to sit in during the reception.

It has been super nice here too. Last year this time we still had piles of snow, so I am loving it!

some pics of my Easter shoot with Brieanan today....gonna take a few sessions to get all the pics we want and all the outfits

Attachments

• DSC_0269.jpg
    DSC_0269.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0248.jpg
    DSC_0248.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0275.jpg
    DSC_0275.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0285.jpg
    DSC_0285.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2
Those are so cute Mrs. Jerome! Love the dress and the little ears! We had a photo shoot last week. Unfortunately Lauren was short on napping, so wasn't super happy about the whole thing. I will try to post some of the better ones ;)

Cute pictures.

Without wanting to cause offence as I also purchased one, baby bjorns are really bad for babies hips and pelvis, they are known as crotch danglers.

I am not sure if that link I have attached work so here is is in case:
https://www.steps-charity.org.uk/images/stories/hips/hip healthy positioning bhhw2012.pdf

My osteopath and varying other people who use slings and carriers made me aware of the dangers. I am actually going to bin my bjorn so that nobody else can use it.
Ergos are great. I bought a connecta recently which Alana loves, I also use my llift pouch as a hip carrier and I have also invested in a ring sling. I have a close carrier which is brilliant but I found that I needed more lumber support so don't use it too much now. I would love an Ergo but I am too short for them. I am going to give one a go from the sling library and make sure it really wouldn't work for us.
I would highly recommend a connecta, it is like a mei tai but without the fuss, it all clicks into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->