I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

The mercury compound in thimerosal—ethylmercury—is chemically different from methylmercury, which is widely recognized as an environmental pollutant. Two key differences are that, unlike methylmercury, ethylmercury is (1) excreted from the body quickly, and (2) not easily transported across the blood-brain barrier (a structure of tightly packed cells that keeps potentially harmful substances in the bloodstream from entering the brain). The amount of ethylmercury in a thimerosal-preserved vaccine is minuscule compared with the amount of mercury that is required to cause symptoms of mercury poisoning. Also, the signs and symptoms of mercury poisoning are very different from the characteristics of autism. The chemical difference between ethylmercury and methylmercury is similar to the difference between ethyl alcohol, found in wine and beer, and methyl alcohol (wood alcohol), a poison found in antifreeze.

Thanks Kat!! I was way excited to get to the lime, it seems so much bigger!! My jeans have to agree since I am now securing them with a rubber band, lol. They still button, but it's just way uncomfortable! I am not ready to go jeans shopping yet, ha ha.

Everything I hear about vaccines are conflicting reports. I am not sure where I fall on this. I am going to have to do a lot of thinking about it.

So we went to a family christening yesterday and after telling our in-laws not to tell anyone they basically told everyone about the pregnancy. I was not happy but couldn't really say anything about it. On the plus side my cousin in-law who just had her baby (it was his christening) miscarried prior to having this baby and she shared her nerves about going in for the scan, it was good to talk in person to someone who has been in that position.

One week today and I have my scan, I can't wait but I am nervous too. I just need to know everything is ok and baby is growing normally.

Acorn I got two pairs of maternity pants on the weekend and I really like them. The jeans aren't too daggy at all. I haven't been brave enough to wear them yet though.

Hippy I know how you feel I told a couple of people and now EVERYONE knows!! Oh well we are 11 weeks (well i am nearly) let's feel good about that :)

I go for my obsty appointment tomorrow yay I hope I get some more pics of the bean. I swore I woke up in the night with all this movement down there but it is way too early to feel anything surely.

Immunisations - I will do what my obstetrician tells me to do he is a genius.

We heard the baby's heartbeat today!! Has anyone else done this yet!? It's very exciting!!

we heard ours right before 7 weeks..it was 120..and then again at 9 weeks...171..and then again at our ER scan last weds at 10w4d and it was 171 again...yay!!! its the best sound ever!!!

belly pic from today..11 weeks..yay for the limes!! cant believe there is a little Lime baby inside my tummy!! sooo crazy! everyone else still have the morning/evening/night/all day sickness ? lol... I was doing great today..but then around 4:30..bam..here it is... hoping I can get through cooking a dinner for hubby since hes been eating soups and frozen stuff since the BD scare...

Attachments

• belly week 11.jpg
    belly week 11.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1
My scan is in less than a week now. I am so hoping that everything is ok. It is so hard not knowing.

Got my fingers crossed for you hippylittle but I'm sure it's all good.

I wish it was next Tuesday already when I have my scan. This is going to be the longest week ever!

Im STILL waiting for my scan appointment to come through! Its been 15 days!! Argghhh!! I phoned the hospital today and they said i should know tomorrow. I certainly hope so! Im going stir crazy waiting! I just want to know the date and time so DH and i can organise the time off work. DH is in the army, so it could be difficult to get the time off, so i'd rather know sooner than later!

That sucks Mrsturner. You would think you'd get a bit more notice than that especially since both you and your OH need to organise time off work.

I had 5 weeks notice of my scan.

Let us know when you find out. I hope it's soon :)

This is going to be the longest week ever!

This is exactly how I feel. I am counting down the days.

Today I felt really sick all day, totally shattered even though I slept for 9 hours and my boobs just were so painful. Every time I think my symptoms are getting better I have a day like today.

I know they say pregnancy isn't an illness but seriously if you just gave a doctor a list of symptoms and described your exhaustion they would put you down as being sick.

This is going to be the longest week ever!

This is exactly how I feel. I am counting down the days.

Today I felt really sick all day, totally shattered even though I slept for 9 hours and my boobs just were so painful. Every time I think my symptoms are getting better I have a day like today.

I know they say pregnancy isn't an illness but seriously if you just gave a doctor a list of symptoms and described your exhaustion they would put you down as being sick.

hippylittlej ive just noticed your from south manchester as am i, and due around the same time as me, double win mode :) i know exactly how you feel in regards to tenderness, i seam to have days where there ok and days when i cant even go near em but appart fom that i feel absoultely fine touch wood :) xx

anyone else have a horribly sore uterus? Im finding it harder and harder to sleep on my stomach and sometimes I feel like its been used as a punching bag...

anyone else have a horribly sore uterus? Im finding it harder and harder to sleep on my stomach and sometimes I feel like its been used as a punching bag...

absolutely in the same boat as you!! im a tummy sleeper so feel it more and more uncomfortable every day and at this early stage to!! god help us in a few more months hey! i find cuddling a pilloe helps a lot so why not give that a try? xx

I will I have a body pillow but its like my belly isnt big enough to like..lay on it..cant wait till I pop and can prop up on pillows...

I will I have a body pillow but its like my belly isnt big enough to like..lay on it..cant wait till I pop and can prop up on pillows...

ahhh dont bother with the body pillow yet just use a normal, pref foam pillow cos there a little more firmer than the feather ones and cuddle that instead, it works wonders for me at the min :thumbup: hope you get all comfy soon hun

ok I have a memory foam one..maybe that will work!!! I'll have to try that tonight..it takes me like..5 mins to get my pillows and covers all situated and get in a semi comfy position lol..it drives hubby crazy..he doesnt understand why I cant just lay down and pass out like him lol..course hes a side/back sleeper so he doesnt know what its like to not be able to sleep how you normally do

I am still sleeping on my tummy ok. I have to bend my knee up more these days, but so far I am managing. It hurts my boobs more than my tummy. I dread the day I have to move on to my side, it is going to be so difficult trying to amend how I sleep.

You guys must be so much bigger than me, although my bump is mainly blubber right now.

Jojolou you are a stones throw away from me, someone close by :) That is ace news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->