I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Im beginning to wonder if I dont have an umm..anterior placenta..think thats what they call it..I feel her move every now and then but not tons and still havent felt any definite kicks..even though I have been feeling her for about 6 weeks now...Im gonna ask the scan lady at my 20 week appt...she has moved up and my uterus is def under my bellybutton and thats usually where she is too now...

Acorn cant wait for you to find out boy or girl..yay!!! I wish I had been more..surprised..when we found out girl but I had had that hunch for so long and then that 13 week potty shot so it was more of confirmation lol...cant wait...when is everyone elses 20 week scan? Mines June 6th...

Stouffer..how skinny are you? Maybe thats why I cant feel it as much..I am def def overweight so maybe thats cushioning all the movement lol.

with my dd and ds it was around 20wks i felt them and im a size 8,i heard it depends on which direction they are kicking too as if its ur back you wont feel a thing,im sure in the next wk you defo will and by 25 wks daddy will be able to feel her kick too :) x x

Dont feel bad Mrs Jerome, I still havent felt the baby move at all. Ill probably be one of those that doesnt feel him move til 20-22wks. Thats ok though, as long as everything is ok, and so far it has been. I have another scan in two wks, so hopefully ill have felt something by then. Another weird thing is most ppl you can tell their pregnant by now,not me. Im really tall, i guess that has something to do with it. More room for the bump to go. Im not overweight, i was a size 8 prepregnany, but no movement felt yet. He's not small either, hes measuring alittle bit big.

Stouffer..how skinny are you? Maybe thats why I cant feel it as much..I am def def overweight so maybe thats cushioning all the movement lol.

I am (was) a UK size 8/10 so on the slim side. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I think it's more a case of I'm not very muscly, and never had any ab definition so it's easier for the kicks to push through if you know what I mean?

I'm sure your kicks will get stronger soon :) Mine got stronger really suddenly and went from flutters to pops to kicks.

I hadn't heard of that before Mrs Jerome, very interesting. I am sure how soon you feel it also has to do with how your uterus is sitting too. I asked my midwife out of curiosity and she said mine was straight up and down. That will also make a difference in how quickly you show as well.

I was a size 4 pre-pregnancy, so that probably has something to do with feeling movement a little earlier.

My placenta is at the back so I've felt moving all along and I reckon coz it's a boy he is kicking me non stop almost! Your little girl might be calm and shy MrsJerome :) I'm about a size 10 still (I'm not sure if it's the same in UK/America as here)

My boy kicks me to songs that he likes on the radio and whenever I eat chocolate funny enough :)

My 20 week scan is also the 6th June. I feel the baby all the time and when I went to a loud gig it kicked hell out me.
My hubby felt it on that occasion but right now I feel the baby but he can't. I however am a larger lady and so it I would doubt my hubby would feel baby too early.

hi ladies well had my scan n dates aint changed so defo 12wks 4 days but also over the moon that all seems great:happydance: so here is my sticky little bean and any skull/nub guesses are welcome :) x x x
001.jpg

Congrats to all you girls on finding out...or being able to wait!!!

We had our 20 week scan (a week early) and everything looked perfect. We are having a BABY GIRL!!!!....I swore it was a boy so you never know!

I booked some hypnobirthing classes yesterday, I really can't wait. I am hoping to combine it with a water birth. Does anyone else know what kind of birth they want?

one week and one day until scan day :)

one week and one day for me too!!!.. Im not taking any birthing classes..but Im going for a water birth...Im very excited about it all..not nervous at all...I cant wait to see our little girl...

I am hoping for a water birth as well. Since it's my first I am going in with an open mind and will do whatever is most comfortable. I really want a natural birth. Whenever I say that most women look at me like I am nuts. Hippy, was the class helpful? The hypnobirthing classes here are super expensive compared to normal childbirth classes. I can't decide if I should go for it or not. I bought a book on hypnobirthing that I intend to read ;)

I haven't been to a class yet, they start in July. My friend just bought the book and CD and she sailed through labour and loved the whole hypnobirthing experience.

I get the book and cd as part of the class, it isn't too expensive in the UK, you do it with 3 other couples maximum.

I am also doing the 4 normal ante-natal classes as well, but these are free on the NHS.

In the end, I thought hubby and i might go to a chikdbirthing class. More for him than me. LOL! I see enough of it daily to know what i want. Definately no waterbirth here! Epidural will be the route im going. Our 20 wk scan is next Wed, im really excited!

I cant believe in 1 week I'll be halfway there !!!! I think Im going to count down weeks after that instead of counting up lol lol..just makes it seem faster lol...

No childbirth classes for me.. and I can teach hubby anything he needs to know babywise.. we will be doing a hospital tour of course but thats about it I think...

I need to book my hospital tour and the breast feeding classes.

I cant believe in 1 week I'll be halfway there !!!! I think Im going to count down weeks after that instead of counting up lol lol..just makes it seem faster lol...

Nice idea! I think I'll do that too!

My midwife has put me down for antenatal classes. I have no idea what's involved but I thought I'd put my name down and I can always cancel if I don't want to go.

As for the birth, I'm just trying not to have too many expectations. I know I don't particularly want a water birth. I feel pretty easy going about it really. I know I want to have the baby at hospital in case anything goes wrong and also so I can have an epidural :lol:

I'd love to hear how your hypno-birthing classes go. A friend of a friend did it and had a pain-free delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->