I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I wish i could get into the nesting mode, but in the last wk, ive worked alot! Yuck! The check will be nice, but i am so tired i can hardly stand, much less clean. We bought some paint samples at Lowes this week. Im thinking of doing grey paint with light blue bedding and accessories. That way when hes not a baby anymore i can get rid of the light blue but still have the grey paint. I love these cuddle plush animals at restoration hardware. I like the grey elephants and light blue dogs.
https://www.rhbabyandchild.com/cata...tId=rhbc_prod218080&categoryId=rhbc_cat157001
https://www.rhbabyandchild.com/cata...tId=rhbc_prod102231&categoryId=rhbc_cat157001

And.. We still havent decided on a name. Time seems like its flying! Itll be here before we know it! The leyters from hobby lobby sound like a good idea Jerome, ill have to make a trip

Our Hobby Lobby here has all unfinished wood..letters included..on sale for 50% off...the ones I got were a set of two of the same letter..for $.99 and then they were only like $.50 on sale...but they have cute curly cue ones..or bigger ones...they have chunky ones...all kinds...and Anita Acrylics paint..the little bottles are only $.67 each lol... thats what I used to paint mine and then the ModgePodge brand craft sealer to make them shiny and finish them....so...go crazy and make sure you post pics if you do some!

This thread has gone so quiet lately! I guess that's probably cause second tri is a bit quiet in terms of baby development and stuff.

Anyone finished their baby's room? Do you have photos?

My bubs is having to share with my home office since we live in a small 2 bedroom flat so I need all the inspiration I can get.

Its pretty quiet here..Im working on some little projects..painting a jewelry/hairbow box...painting a toothfairy box...made some letters for above her crib...

she is going kick crazy now ..its soo fun...always in the morning before im out of bed..then middle of the day a few sessions...and then at night right before bed....I just got a few hopefully good vids of her kicking and am uploading them and will post the links here def lol..

I have been away. Just got home. Currently leaking a small amount of amniotic fluid, doctors say this isn't a problem. I am trying to take things easy.
Not finished the babies room, but we have started it.
I now have a lovely pile of reusable nappies, really looking forward to using some of them. We do have some disposables for first few weeks, but after that moving to reusable.

I have been away. Just got home. Currently leaking a small amount of amniotic fluid, doctors say this isn't a problem. I am trying to take things easy.
Not finished the babies room, but we have started it.
I now have a lovely pile of reusable nappies, really looking forward to using some of them. We do have some disposables for first few weeks, but after that moving to reusable.

hope everything is ok..least you have an excuse to not be soo busy
lol..hope hubby is taking care of you... we havent started on the reusable diapers yet..guess we'll see how many regular disposable packs we get at the showers and then see when we want to buy the cloth ones..

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/658445-23-weeks-kicks-wiggles.html

Loved the videos MrsJerome! My husband is on a business trip, so I took video of mine Monday night and sent it to him with a message saying "Hi Daddy!" He was super exicted and kept yelling woah! when he saw her move. It was totally adorable. I will have to figure out how to load it on here! I totally agree about them looking more substantial in person. When I played it back I kept thinking how much bigger they were in person. Must be the angle!

yeah and something about the color makes it washed out on the video and harder to see them...i think maybe I put something on my stomach like a remote or something you might be able to see that better...Ill had to try that next time

Hi Mrs Jerome, ive got the same ticker as you and im due from the 24th onwards so the same time as you really, can i join?? xx

Hi Babyhopes..sure..welcome welcome...not much of a talky talky thread but we have our moments lol lol...I cant believe that in less than 3 weeks we will be down to double digits..I remember when it was still in the 200s...sooo crazy!!! do you have any names picked out or a nursery theme picked yet?

thanks mrs jerome, i do hope the thread gets takly talky, i hate shifting, but there are so many threads around here with just so many people who mention things but nobody replied or talks to each other so i thought a thread with a few people would be comfy !!

i live in a one bed apt in dubai with my dh , so i dont have a nursery for LO. but we did go to mothercare yesterday and buy a "precious bear themed" white cot bed and the duvet set and matching dressing drawer and a spin travel system that can turn LO towards you with the motion of a quick spin around the handle, it was all on 50 % off so im pleased !!

we also bought a felixble maternity support full body length pillow, maternity swimwear and a maternity top and loose black trousers so i am sooo pleased !!

we are both leaning towards Gemma Louise Bateman for our daughter !

DH is english and im indian so im having a mix raced bump !

Brieanan Jade is such a nice name !!

yup in 3 weeks we will be down to double digits which is exciting !! but my LO is measuring 5 days behind in her scans, but doc says thats normal, but doc still calculates according to my LMP. so sometimes my due date changes at every scan from 24th - 28 etc i sure hope i deliver on the 24th. its my birthday on the 23rd !

Hi Babyhopes!

You've swayed the gender count to be equal girls and boys plus us team yellowers :) Maybe Hippy and me will have one of each hehe.

Not that I really like to think about it, but a lot of people on here talk about v-day. I read in one of my books it's from the 24th week, so from 23 weeks pregnant onwards. Everyone on b&b seems to say 24 weeks though.

Can't wait to get into double digits. Since my EDD was brought forward a few days, it's just 2 weeks away! I remember when we got to 100 days pregnant and that flew by. I'm hoping the last 3 months go quickly too!

How's everyone feeling?

I am feeling squashed. If I don't sit completely upright I have horrible heartburn. I'm also finding I can't manage to eat a whole plate of food now. It's like having a gastric band or something :lol:

ive gotta say hats off to you stouffer for staying team yellow.. i couldnt do it if i wanted to. im far too impatient for that ! i did have some heartburn a week ago but its cured now, i drink milk and have probiotic yoghurts, they help to have a cool feeling inside..

im still eating like a pig so no change there :haha:

Welcome babyhopes and yay for another girl! :) I am due the 22nd. Still need to change my ticker by one day, but I am lazy, ha ha.

Stouffer, the small meals thing stinks! I can't eat much at once so I find myself always hungry. I am still very picky about what I am in the mood to eat and I still get sick a few times a week so I can't force myself to eat anything I don't want to or I will get sick. Eating has become a chore and I have a feeling I am going to get in trouble at my next appointment for not gaining weight.:shrug:

I am with you Acorn on the getting in trouble for eating lol lol..I lost 12 lbs and am STILL not back up to my pre preggie weight..which of course Im not complaining about..and shes def growing lol..but I feel like they will recommend that I start gaining atleast a pound or two a week....Im not hungry during the day normally..but at night its like I cant stop lol...my next appt is Tuesday at 9am and I have my second dreaded glucose test...hoping I wont fail too horribly...

Stouffer..I feel squished too..getting comfy in bed is annoying and almost impossible...more of me feeling like Im squishing her..but she def makes it known when shes not happy... the rolls and kicks are crazy now yesterday she had a nap day but this morning woke me up full force lol...I think my bump is ALMOST rounded out..as in my B is almost a D...which is exciting..hopefully it will be completed rounded before my baby showers around the end of July...

Babyhopes..yay for mixed bumps lol...Brieanan will be 1/4 korean...so we are excited to see which features she gets from me and what she gets from OH..wondering exactly how asian she will look lol.. I think by her last 3D face pic (my avatar) she already looks alot like OH but wonder what she'll look like once shes starts getting chubby...in about 4 weeks or so we might get a 3D session at the Dr and I cant wait!! My ex fiance was actually indian..so I would have had a mixed baby either way lol lol.. I just cant get away from those asian guys lol lol...

wow you women are losing weight.. im afraid of how im going to lose the pounds i put on which i mainly know is due to my eating habits, i eat a lot of full fat stuff and now im taking the advantage of the same, but its taking a toll on my feet and back. im swollen and it hurts !

wow Mrs Jerome, i cant wait to see what your LO looks like.. and interesting your ex fiance was indian.. you say you cant get away from asian guys, its the other way round here, ive always been attracted to non asian guys, always wanted to be with a brit/american purely for the fact that i did not want to be stereotypical and always enjoyed learning from different cultures !! nice to know yours is a bi racial bump too xxx

I've definitely been putting on weight but according to all those weight gain charts I'm right in the middle of the acceptable range.

In second tri they say you should gain around 1lb a week which I have done plus about 4lbs from first tri.

wow you women are losing weight.. im afraid of how im going to lose the pounds i put on which i mainly know is due to my eating habits, i eat a lot of full fat stuff and now im taking the advantage of the same, but its taking a toll on my feet and back. im swollen and it hurts !

wow Mrs Jerome, i cant wait to see what your LO looks like.. and interesting your ex fiance was indian.. you say you cant get away from asian guys, its the other way round here, ive always been attracted to non asian guys, always wanted to be with a brit/american purely for the fact that i did not want to be stereotypical and always enjoyed learning from different cultures !! nice to know yours is a bi racial bump too xxx

lol lol..well I should add that ex fiance and hubby are the only guys Ive ever been with soo...its not like Ive dated tons of asian guys lol..just that two guys I did date just happened to be asian lol but it is a funny coincidence...

Ex was actually from London too lol.. i think it was the accent that got me there..lol..hubby was born in South Korea but moved here before he was a year old so no asian accent really..his mom is Korean so he knows some Korean..but..not fully conversational lol...

will your LO grow up speaking english and punjabi... hindi... or gujarati or any of the other indian languages??

I would like for LO to learn Korean but since hubby doesnt really speak it..and I def dont lol lol..I dont see that happening...hubby does speak german and spanish..but its not like he uses it with me all the time so I dont think that would help either.....I took french and will be the one that is home with LO for the first year atleast so I was thinking doing of a french program with her but I guess we'll just have to wait and see..they also have these Korean learning programs for kids too but I couldnt really help out with it..

Lo will definitely be speaking english.. my dh is from the north so he does not have that london accent that gets me too.. lol

i want LO to speak english as my mother tongue is from the south of india so way too complicated plus ive always wanted to bring up my kids the english way, ive always wanted it different than my own culture and now im hoping that LO gets DH's blue grey eyes and tall features.. i speak french, bit of arabic since ive been brought up in dubai and ive learnt some spanish too and i speak 3 indian languages, but i would like LO to be brought up the english way, but obviously if LO wants to learn different languages then i will always support her.

im not trying to go against my culture or anything, there are good and bad things to everything, but ive always wanted that extra bit of something different so ,, lol yeah

not saying ive been with too many white guys, but its just something ive fancied all along !

it is a coincidence really ! your LO will look gorgeous ! theres a colleague of DH's who is white scottish from the UK and his wife is thai.. their son looks gorgeous !xx

aww..thanks..I hope so lol..I would love for her to get my blue eyes but have a bit of an asian shape to them..hubby says my eyes actually look asian shape wise..so we may get my wish..she has a 37% chance of getting blue eyes..but..so did I and I got them so Im holding out hope lol......brown hair is prolly definite though which is fine with me.. I cant wait to see all our babies!!! its so exciting! anyone else getting a 3D/4D scan within the next month or so? Im hoping to get one at 28 weeks...

and I completely understand the culture thing..I think its great to have cultures mixed..Im excited that LO will be 1/4 korean and I hope she is proud of it and embraces it..

We are doing a 4D somewhere between 28-30 weeks. It should be fun, totally looking forward to it. One more countdown :)

I love asian and part asian babies. They are so beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->