I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Stouffer was it a guy or a girl..and how old were they..and..welll what was the whole situation lol lol..I just have to know why someone would think that is ok lol...

It was a girl. I was at a party, the only sober one there, and she was talking about how nice my bump was and how it was making her broody. She tried touching it earlier in the night but I skilfully dodged that one and just as I was leaving and saying bye to a friend she bent down and kissed it.

I just kind of pretended it didn't happen but my friend saw and was laughing in the background which made keeping a straight face pretty difficult!

Re getting comfy in bed, I would definitely recommend getting a body pillow. I have a Theraline V Pillow (it's not that v-shaped though) and it's the comfiest thing ever. I use it all the time, even sitting on the sofa. It's really helped me because the way I was sleeping was trapping a nerve and giving me numb fingers. Since I got the pillow that's cleared up completely.
It's also good as a feeding support pillow so even though it's a bit pricey I think it's definitely worth the money.

stouffer, i second you !! love my full body pillow, it has helped loads, the only thing is i now sleep completely on my left side, and find it a bit difficult to get up to pee everytime what with the pillow and everything !!

haha funny thing about the girl x

I would not have been happy with someone other than my husband kissing my bump.
I also love my body pillow although I still tend to flip as much on my tummy as I can even with the pillow.

Pickle is getting much more active over the last few days and she is really kicking loads to music, which is a good job seeing as music is a way of life in our house.

I am looking forward to hypnobirthing classes on Saturday and then the midwife on Monday.

I did however read today that if you are small like me 4ft 9" if they feel the baby is too big they may have to book you in for a C-section. I am just hoping that pickle is small like her dad and I.

PS I say her as this is what I currently feel we are having.

I have a body pillow luckily...it def helps..I also have a roll pillow and a smaller square one and then two regular pillows lol...

Maybe i should get a body pilllow, i currently use a regular one for between my knees

Wow second tri is really dragging. Still more than 2 weeks until third trimester. I feel like I've exhausted all the topics in second trimester.

I'm sure when we get to 3rd tri I will start freaking out that I STILL haven't picked a girl's name though!

Stouffer, im with you! I still havent picked a name yet! My husband wants to use my maiden name for the baby's name. Im not convinced yet, but i still havent found one i like either.

It does feel like weve worn out every topic, just think, in the 3rd tri we'll be talking about labor, our water breaking, epidurals, etc. It seems like my pregnancy has flown by though. Only 3.5 months to go!!!!

Yep, time sure is dragging in second tri... and its worse when the scans youve had say that bubs is about 6 days behind.. like my scan which is perfectly normal but it makes you wonder.. you look at your ticker everyday and think youre measuring 24 + whatever when actually you are 23 + whatever due to growth etc..

cant wait for third tri.. no infact.. cant wait for october soon enough.. im tired already !!

when are you ladies having babyshowers..if you are?

I have a shower on the 17th :) I am sure I will have another small one with church friends closer to my date. My mom's side of the family wants to have our shower after the baby. I don't want to be ungrateful, but it's really just kind of a pain for us to have it after. They all want to see the baby, but we will have plenty of holidays shortly after for that. I don't really want to wait until after the baby for most things, so anything big left after my shower on the 17th, I will be looking for on sale to buy. Then I have to transport the baby (4 hour drive) and worry about writing thank yous after the baby. It's just an inconvenience for us.

I feel like the first part of the 2nd tri flew by, but it feels like forever ago that we had our scan and found out the sex!

well I failed my glucose test..by 6 points yesterday....136..normal is 130..so I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day...for a week or two and report back to the Dr...if its all ok they wont make me do the 3 hour test..but if there are problems I have to do the 3 hours test as well...uggh..dreading that...but its been fine so far...so Im not worried...I think that 1 hour glucose test is soo stupid..they dont even ask you to fast before it..just drink it an hour before you come in.and you can eat anything you want before it..but nothing after..doesnt seem very scientific to me...I havent had any swelling problems..or anything..no book leakage lol...so I think its going pretty well...

On a high note I have my next appt August 2nd at 9am..and its a 3D/4D appt and then my regular appt after that....yay!!! soo excited to see her again..and see how chubby she is and what she looks like now...and then that night at 5:30 we are going on our OB suite tour in the hospital...

August 2nd will be my last 4 week appt..after that its 2 weeks for the rest of August and September and then once a week in October until shes here....

Boo for failing your glucose! I still have 3 weeks before mine. my midwife said the same thing about not having to fast before. I think I am going to anyway though. I think I am less likely to fail then :p I have heard that a lot of people fail the first and have to go on to the long one and then end up not having it. My SIL had to do the long test and was fine. Hopefully you won't have to bother with the 2nd one!

My appointment after tomorrow will be July 28th and then I am on to 2 weeks too! When you look at it that way Oct seems to be coming pretty quick!

Boo for failing your glucose! I still have 3 weeks before mine. my midwife said the same thing about not having to fast before. I think I am going to anyway though. I think I am less likely to fail then :p I have heard that a lot of people fail the first and have to go on to the long one and then end up not having it. My SIL had to do the long test and was fine. Hopefully you won't have to bother with the 2nd one!

My appointment after tomorrow will be July 28th and then I am on to 2 weeks too! When you look at it that way Oct seems to be coming pretty quick!

I know..it seems like its flying past...I mean when I found out I have over 250 days left..now we are down to 110!!..a month and a half of every 2 week appts and then we are at 1 week appts and then our LOs will be here!!!..soo crazy!!..ahhh..but sooo exciting...:happydance:

When is everyone going for LO #2? or are you... we want to wait till Brieanan is about 3-4 before we start to try again...my brothers and sisters are close together and annoy the crap out of each and just fight alll the time now that they are older...so I want them to be atleast 4-5 years apart...if we have 3..that will put me at around 33-34 for our last..and hubby will be 49-50...unless something happens and we decide to go for them closer..

My next appt is in 2wks for the glucose test, doc didnt want to do it yet yesterday at my appt. Hope i do well! An hour at the appt is long enough! Much less 3 hrs.

Im not sure about the shower yet, my family and i havent talked about it much. My mom and sister might do one for us. Where to do it at will be the problem. Where is everyone having theirs? Their home, church, restaurant, etc? My cousin is having hers at a rest. in the back room, i thought that sounded fun, but i dont want to do it at the same place as her

My next appt is in 2wks for the glucose test, doc didnt want to do it yet yesterday at my appt. Hope i do well! An hour at the appt is long enough! Much less 3 hrs.

Im not sure about the shower yet, my family and i havent talked about it much. My mom and sister might do one for us. Where to do it at will be the problem. Where is everyone having theirs? Their home, church, restaurant, etc? My cousin is having hers at a rest. in the back room, i thought that sounded fun, but i dont want to do it at the same place as her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->