I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

this is my first baby...

sorry about failing your glucose test Mrs j, i hope you pass the next one.. the crappy part here is that you always have to do the 3 hour one. one at 17 weeks and one at 28 depending on the hospital, but they are all the 3 hour ones..

we will probably try for LO #2 quite soon considering i want it all over and done with..

my next appointment is on the 23rd of this month. x

yay for your 3d scan mrs j, cant wait !

today we got our stuff delivered,, the car seat, pram (still unwrapped) cot bed and dresser x here are the pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0509.jpg
    DSCF0509.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0511.jpg
    DSCF0511.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0512.jpg
    DSCF0512.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1
its our first...

my babyshower with my mom is actually going to be a huge party including my babyshower..my great g-mas 90th birthday and my grandfathers 76th birthday I think...it is at the Christian Life Center at my g-mas church...

with my stepmom and my dads mom it will be at that grandmas house

and the one here is at our house just because its easier..but so far out of 8 people only two are showing up..so..idk..we might end up just not having one here..depending..

This is our first too :) I want 2-3, but I haven't decided on timing yet. I'll see how the first one goes, but I always say I would at least like the previous potty trained before I go for another, ha ha.

My showers are mostly at houses, one might be at my grandmas church.

Babyhopes- The crib is cute!

We don't have baby showers really in the UK, I haven't any plans for one.
This is my first.
Next midwife appointment on the 11th, glucose test on the 20th and then 3d/4d scan on the 6th August.

Cute stuff BabyHopes! I really like your cot. I think we'll be buying ours soon. Putting it off somewhat because I have a major clear out to do first! We're also reflooring our hall (which is carpeted) with wood so that it doesn't get disgusting bringing a pram in and out on wet days.

I'm not having a baby shower either, as Hippy said, it's not really done here. Usually friends and family will get you a small gift, like a babygro or a small toy, after the baby is born.

My next appointment isn't until 2nd August and as far as I know it's just a routine midwife appointment. I think the one after that will be at 34 weeks and then every week or two. Don't know if I will have to do a glucose test, no one has mentioned this.

This will also be my first baby. Isn't it strange how so far everyone on this thread is having their first?
I think we probably want about 2 years between babies but this one took a year so it might be sooner or later. I guess we'll see how we cope with this one before making a decision :lol:

How many children is everyone planning on having?

Thanks stouffer, it was from mothercare.. theyre having a massive sale now..

im planning on having 2 max 3... and mine took a year too, so will probably try soon as possible.. xx

Im the oldest of 7...lol...the two youngest ones are adopted and the next two youngest are my dad and step moms..and then the oldest two are my mom and steps dads..so Im an only child by MY parents but have a crazy family lol..I would have as many as hubby allows..but since hes so much older..I think the cut off will def be three unless we end up with a freak pair of twins or triplets..which I would love lol lol...

Mrs J, ive got the same issue as you with dh being much older so we will try as soon as possible.. xx our cut off is 3 as well..

We think we want two, but wont be trying as soon as possible. We were pregnant on our 1st month trying! It might take longer than that on #2, but i dont want them too close together, LOL!

How old is everyone and their DH? I was 26 this April, and hubby will be 32 this month

I'll be 25 in December...and hubby will be 41 in September...

Mrs Jerome, ive pushed the boat out a bit further than you have... i am four years younger to you, 20 and my dh is the same age as your dh but he will be 41 in december and my birthday is in october.. so yep weve got 20 long year between us..

Mrs Jerome, ive pushed the boat out a bit further than you have... i am four years younger to you, 20 and my dh is the same age as your dh but he will be 41 in december and my birthday is in october.. so yep weve got 20 long year between us..

lol...did you date younger guys before hubby? my ex fiance..the only other bf I ever had was actually 2 months and a day younger than me... I cant imagine dating guys my age..they are all soo immature...I mean hubby is immature too sometimes lol lol..but he has a steady great job..a car...a house...has it all together..I am soo glad I didnt end up with the ex and had to do the whole..apartment..share a car...both work like 1 or 2 jobs...uggh...older guys are soo much better lol lol.. :happydance::happydance: go us!! lol

totally agree... dh likes to act kiddish at times, but hes got his complete act together and has a wonderful stable job, wants family life and is so much more settled.. ive never dated anyone younger than me, but ive always liked older guys, but never imagined i would end up with someone so much older than me, but in many ways this is what i wanted as i wanted to settle down very early in life and guys my age or few years older even dont want to commit or do anything.. i knew it would be all party and no reality toward life.. so yes i have what i want and i dont care what people think of the age difference, it works well for us.. so :headspin: yes Mrs Jerome, gooo us !!

how did everyone meet their hubbies? we met online..he randomly messaged me from some social site and we just kept talking..it was a friends thing at first but we definitely clicked..

I was still with the ex at the time but was quickly realizing that it wasnt what I thought it would be with him..he had to go back to the UK every summer when college was out because of his visa and we hardly got to talk then and its like he had this other life without me..and then I started to realize how much of a work-a-holic he was going to be and he got into business and trading and it all came before me..I guess I stayed with him as long as I did because I just didnt want to be alone and I kept telling myself it would change..but..then I realized it would only get worse... we havent talked since summer of last year when I found out he was dating my ex roomime that also was in the UK for her graduate school...they both lied to me about that and didnt tell me they ahd been dating..even though we were broken up..it was kind of a shitty thing to hide from me...he works in trading and as far as I know lives with his parents and of course doesnt have a steady paycheck as he gets paid based on his trades and the market..soo glad I didnt settle for that life...

but hubby and I started talking back in summer of 06...talked online and then mainly phone for all those college years...he was just one state over but after meeting my ex online and seeing how it was turning out I was very reluctant to give the online thing a go again..but..he finally came to see me end of summer of 09...and then a few months later I moved in here with him...my family was of course against it seeing as how much older he was and that I met him online..they thought I was just moving in with him without ever meeting for real...no one but my mom..stepmom and two oldest siblings know that I met him at a hotel for a week..gosh that sounds trashy lol lol... but now everyone loves him and they are just happy Im happy and happy he is family oriented......geez..that felt like an eHarmony commercial lol lol...

I'm 25 and the hubby is 26. We met and started dating when we were in high school :) We started hanging out and have been inseparable ever since. We got married 5 years ago. He's not much older than me, but he is super mature. He knew what he wanted to do in high school and was very driven in his school/career. I couldn't have picked a better person to marry and have babies with :happydance:

V day for me :)

I am 38 and hubby is 31. We are going to try for another when this one is about 1, we didn't want them close together but we do not have much time to play with.
We met at Glastonbury festival and became best friends, he moved into mine years ago when his ex kicked him out and everyone kept saying we would be great together, we finally made that leap and got married in March last year. I married my best friend which was just ace.

I met my dh at a leaving do in a bar here in dubai and he had been single but his ex was still living with him, she moved out a month later but during that time, after the party, he was drunk and sent me a rude text and called me the next day to apologize and take me out and took me on a nice dinner dates and to the beach etc and the rest is history.,. we married in the UK, dec 09 within 9 months of knowing each other and so we have been together 2 years and married for 1 and half years of them. x

Woohoo 100 pages of this topic!

Anyway, I'm 28 and my husband is 29. We've been together since we were 16/17. It makes me feel kind of old when I think we got together in '99 :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->