I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I also sneak into 3rd Trimestester everyday- 2nd Tri is getting a bit boring- I feel a littel out of place because most girls are talking about gender scans and 20-week scans, and things like that, but Im more towards- I have my glucose test in 3 weeks, and I also have my 4D scan in 3 weeks!!! Sooo excited about that! Also, 5 more weeks, and I'll be officially a SAHM!!!!!! No more work for me- I can go nesting crazy for ten weeks! LoL

I wouldnt mine a week early..like.October 17th is stuck in my head lol...I have soo many family birthdays to avoid too lol...Im hoping I dont end up hitting the 25th or the 21st or Nov 1st...as those are all taken lol..

yay for 25 weeks everyone ! i cant wait to get this all over with already, luckily time is flying by and we will be in third tri in the next two weeks.. 27 weeks !! second tri is boring and yes totally with you stouffer about the whole posts going on in second tri, i totally have been going into third tri and just reading lol

well yes we are hindus, my mum practices it, but we are certainly not the traditional type or else i wouldnt be married to a white english guy in a white wedding way in the UK and my parents love him so they are certainly more laid back than traditional indians,
AFM personally, im not traditional at all and as stated before i will be bringing up LO dh's way, as ive always preferred that kind of upbringing.

well for the most part in these traditional showers, you get to wear a sari and wear loadz of bangles on your hands and have flowers in your hair and lots of traditional customs take place which is tough to explain ..they also prepare lots of food and the women come together and each one puts some bangles on your hand etc,, and by the way baby showers are different in different parts of india, mine was basically south indian .. so completely different from other types.

I wouldnt mine a week early..like.October 17th is stuck in my head lol...I have soo many family birthdays to avoid too lol...Im hoping I dont end up hitting the 25th or the 21st or Nov 1st...as those are all taken lol..

I think we've talked about this since we have the same due date LoL- but I would love to be 1 or two weeks early!!! LoL

I was 3 weeks late and very big..my mom almost hemorrhaged out/bleed to death with me..only 8 hours of labor but a very hard time getting me out...with a vacuum AND forceps lol lol...so Im def going for early over late lol..just out of being paranoid lol lol...

That sounds like a pretty and fun shower Preethi...his family wasnt practicing but his dad told him not to come over the the US and marry a white christian girl lol lol...so Im glad I didnt end up with him because Im sure they would have been against me from the start lol..even though Im not Christian per-say..my entire family is very very religious lol..

Is anyone planning on doing bellycasting? and if so when and who will be doing it with you? My belly is finally rounding out but we will prolly wait till September when I reach my full belly potential lol..I want to do it with my mom..stepmom..and my two younger sisters...I really want to do one for the nursery with a fairy scene painted on it and then one for our room/the house painted more conservative, maybe bronzed/gold leaf or something...

wow Mrs J forceps and vacuum mustve been tough for your mum !!

lol about your exfiances family.. some can be quite traditional !

i dont know about belly casting i dont have any space in this small apartment for things, so i dont know if ill b belly casting ! plus i wouldnt have a clue how to !

anybody starting antenatals at all ? im starting monday with dh.

I haven't heard anything about antenatal classes yet but I have my name down for them. I don't think they'll start til after 30 weeks.

My mom wants me to do a belly cast for the nursery and then a bellybowl (chips go in the belly part and then dips go in your boobs)...I just find that a bit weird lol..people eating out of your boobs lol lol...

no classes for me..we have an OB ward tour on August 2nd but other than that no classes...Im pretty prepared babycare wise and will be teaching hubby myself

umm..Ive seen that some of the 3C/4D private places have bellycasting too around here but we are just gonna do it at home..you can buy the kits online..or I think at babiesrus too...

sounds nice about the whole belly cast thing, not sure about belly bowl lol ! xx

nice to know that youre confident mrs J, im a total first timer and would deffo need classes. xx

I had my first childbirth class last night :) We are doing ours every Monday for 5 weeks. Not exactly sure what we will be talking about for that long. It's 2.5 hours every week. I am confident in the baby care part, it's the labor and delivery that I need to get a good grasp on.

we have ours from next monday, every monday for four weeks and its 2 hours each, ours covers labour and child care and feeding and intervention during labour and health in pregnancyxx

Do they cover baby first aid at antenatal classes?

Im not sure..I think every place is different..I know on the class list at the hospitals here CPR/First Aid is a different class..but Im sure some places do an overview atleast of infant CPR in the antenatal classes..I guess call and ask...and if they dont then ask if they offer it separately if you want it

not sure if we have talked about this before..if we have its been forever and it might have changed but... what do you do work wise....when are you starting maternity and when are you going back to work if you are? also who will watch baby once you are back at work?

I thought two 3hr classes was alot. I was thinking what could we possibly be talking about for that long! Much less 4 or 5 classes. We do not do infant CPR in the classes though. I think it would be grea for hubby though, since hell be home with baby 2-3 nights per week while im at work.

Im a labor and delivery nurse. I want to work up until the very end, that way ill have mt full 12 wk maternity leave to spend with baby. Thats the max leave that we can take in the US. I dont have enough PTO and sick time saved up, so 3.5 of those weeks not only will i NOT get paid, but will have to pay in for our insurance! It sucks! The UK has much better maternity leave. I work 12 hour shifts at night but part time. 60 hrs, or five 12 hour shifts in a 2 wk pay period, plus call also.

Hubby is going to kedp baby at night while im at work, but were looking for a day care 2 days per week, while ill be sleeping. :(

gosh that seems exciting but busy all at the same time...at least you will be prepared and know what to expect!!

Why do you think i want an epidural?! LOL! Im not worried about the labor/delivery part, i told hubby we'll get home with the baby and say, ok what do we do now? Haha! That will definetely be the learning experience for me, having a newborn at home

I do administrative work, so I plan on working as long as I can. I don't want to waste leave at home with no baby! My current plan is to take off until after the new year. I only get 6 weeks paid, but I am saving up my vacation too. The rest will be unpaid. I am full time right now and will be coming back part time. I am really excited about that. My husband and I work for the same company. They are letting him work 5:30am-1:30pm and then I am working 1:30pm-5:30pm. It's going to be crazy, but I am happy we will be able to be home with her. I am hoping to find someone I trust to watch her a few hours every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->