I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Yes, I can see what came off. I'm ashamed to say I check it because it makes me excited :blush: I can't help but peek. When people buy off the registries, they have to bring the printed registry to the register so they can scan the barcode. If they don't do it at the register it is REALLY hard to get taken off. The stores don't let them mark it off online because they don't want them marking it off and buying it from somewhere else. I have only started seeing things come off in the last couple of days and the shower is this Sunday. At least our family always waits until the last minute to shop. When I shop for other peoples showers I always do it early because I like to have all the best choices!

I have a feeling people in my family will either just give us money or giftcards..or just buy us what THEY think we should have..they arent very technologically advanced lol lol..so I dont see them actually even using a registry...so I cant track anything

I've only bought the travel system and a steriliser... both from Babies R Us haha! They were both in a really good deal. I saved about £70 on buying the same travel system in different colours on kiddicare.com which is usually the cheapest for most stuff.

We're so lucky with the amount of things people are giving us that we think we'll spend £600 tops for all our baby's stuff. MIL is buying us the cot and my sister is giving us a ton of clothes, toys and baby accessories (play ring, gym, night light, bath etc.) so all we really need to get is the moses basket, monitor, nappy changing stuff and a few new outfits initially.

I can't wait to do all the nice finishing touches. I'm planning on getting a bunch of cheap frames from IKEA and putting cut pictures in them and hanging them in a row next to the cot. I might also get some wall decals as the room is far too big to be bothered decorating at this stage and the paint is only a year old.
I need a few more ideas for decorating though.

Is anyone else making stuff or decorating?

great stuff stouffer, glad youre saving on many bits. xxx nice of your sister and MIL etc to send you stuff. xx

im not making or decorating anything, i dont have much space really, we are in a one bed apt so until we move we will be sharing our room with LO. XX

Ive bought the stroller, car seat, diaper genie, movement/sound monitor, all on ebay from 30-60% off. My SIL gave us a high chair and play yard. My cousin, who had a baby in Dec., has given us as many 0-3 mo and 3-6 mo as we could possibly need. Shes slso given us lots of diapers, but well still need more. My mom is getting us the crib and changer. My DH is refinishing a dresser in our room and putting it in the babys room. We are going to have all of the major neccesities already, which is a relief! I have a feeling too that people will be giving us money or gift cards. Which actually would be the best thing.

DH is painting babys room a blue/grey. I dont know how much else i am going to decorate. After baby is born, i thought i could have pics made to put on the wall, but dont think i am going to buy any wall decals. I want to go out and buy dome lamps, mirror etc. I need to go amd buy some baby hangers as i need to get all the baby clothes out of our spare bedroom. The dresser isnt ready yet. Were not getting the crob until the paintings done. Which i need to get on him about, haha!

Nice!! waiting2 grow.. youve got so much sorted already, its nice to have a nursery etc to paint..and youve got such great buys for the 30 - 60 % off xxx

We have pretty much everything we need now. I need to get a breathable cot bumper and some breast flow bottles with a breast pump. I plan to breast feed but will have a pump and breast flow bottles in case it doesn't work or for when the baby is established feeding so hubby can feed as well.

I am not getting moses basket or a travel system. Baby is sleeping in their own cot which isn't large as I don't like cot beds, so once they reach 18 months or so they will move into their own bed.
I also hate carry car seats as people leave babies in them for far too long, they should only be in a car seat when in a car, then they should be lay flat. My pram is a lie flat buggy, with a baby cocoon. We have a birth to 4 car seat that will stay fitted in the car.

I would like to get a moses basket bc they are so cute. I can't justify spending that much money on one though. Well have his crib and a playyard. Just found out dh's uncle is making us a wooden cradle. Whoo hoo! So I know we don't need one.

I'm only spending about £30-£40 on a moses basket as baby will only be in it for 3 months or so. I'll make sure it has a comfy mattress but I don't really care about the look of it too much.
We don't have room in our bedroom for a cot so this is the only way the baby can sleep in our room.

I can't wait to go and buy a few more things. If my husband gets the floor finished off this weekend we'll be starting on the baby's room next weekend. Can't wait until all the junk is cleared out and I can start making it nice :)

nice plans everyone, looks like you all have it sorted then xx im not getting a moses or anything as we will be sharing room with LO due to limited space at the moment. have a fun sunday everyone x

so we went to our antenatal class today, we had two couples from the UK, a couple from newzealand and an australian couple, they were all quite reserved, nobody spoke out loud much or asked questions or anything.. i did because i wanted to know the answers to some of them ..

we spoke about health in pregnancy and she spoke about some evidence advising against using cot bumpers for restriction of airflow to baby while sleeping, she also advised against using toiletries like baby soap, bubble baths and products for fear of dry skin and eczema, i however will be using baby oil to moisturize and she said something about not using baby wipes and using cotton and wool as a best option so that the chemicals from the wipes scented or not dont really touch babys skin, atleast for 2 months.

i may get unscented wipes.. we talked about when to go into hospital, when you know for sure.. and how to excerise and not bum on couch because bumming on couch makes the baby go into posterior position and the best position for delivery is anterior etc.,

so yeah we both thought the class was good and we'll see how it goes on from now .x

Glad to hear it went well. I still haven't heard about my classes. Seems like an awful long time until my midwife appointment on 2nd August. I can ask about them then.

I think the advice we're given, in the UK anyway, is to use cotton wool and warm water to wipe baby's bum for the first few weeks as their skin is so sensitive though I also heard using a little bit of oil on cotton wool can be helpful for the first few meconium poos which are apparently extremely sticky!

Ha I can only imagine how much more I am going to discuss poo when the baby is born!

haha yeah the thing we talk about.. needless to say the antenatals was run by a british midwife who did her midwifery in the uk anyway so the Advice given is as per the uk studies x

finally got quite a bit done on my online scrapbook for Brieanan and this whole pregnancy..check it out ladies..let me know what you think..I cant wait to add more...

www.bjgjscrapbook.webs.com

I won't be using wipes at all. My skin is very sensitive as is my hubbies. We both use wipes at festivals they are all fragrance free eco ones and I still end up getting a reaction. I plan to use cotton wool and water at all times. I will use a fragrance free lotion and cotton wool when we go out and about.
My NHS classes start on the 12th September but to be fair the Hypnobirthing classes we are doing is an inclusive antenatal programme as well.

have fun at the hypnobirthing classes ! hippyj, i use wipes for myself as well xxx

I have a morning at the hospital today for my gestational diabetes test. I am quite pleased to get the morning off work more than anything.

Hope it goes well hippy. Do they have concerns you might have it or is this a routine thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->