I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Aaw BabyHopes, I'm so sorry to hear about all that.

I hope they can figure out what's wrong and suggest some treatment for you and that you don't have to have a premature delivery. How early do they think that would be?

Is OC obstetric cholestasis? Keeping my fingers crossed that test comes back negative.

I don't really know what else to say except I'm thinking of you and try and stay positive. Steroids can do a lot of help the baby grow and mature and it's good that they have found it now and can go about treating it.

Please keep us updated if you can but if you don't feel like being on BnB I totally understand.

So sorry Babyhopes! I am glad they caught it and are trying to figure it all out. Hoping it will all work out and you will have a healthy baby!!

Aww Preethi...hope you find out what is wrong and hope its not OC just some itching....and the amniotic fluid maybe they can give you IV fluids to keep that in check every week or so...would be better than having to deliver early...let us know when you get a chance whats happened...:hugs:

Thanks ladies, stouffer, they are waiting for my virus result to determine OC (cholestatis)and i am waiting for confirmation to have a bigger scan tomorrow to confirm the diagnosis.. xxx Mrs Jerome, they dont do IV fluids, i asked about amnioinfusion (saline water) she said it could cause infections.. so i dont know what to do, im trying to drink plenty of water to see if it helps.. they dont know how early it would be but they ahve to keep monitioring me and i have to start looking for a hospital with incubators once they confirm this diagnosis.. the doc is almost 90 % sure about it anyway.. thanks for all your support ladies,. will defo keep you all updated xx

I hope things work out ok Preethi. It is going to be difficult but modern medicine is very advanced and I am sure that they will be able to come up with a workable solution for you and baby. Good luck with it all. Love and light Jen x

Good luck Preethi, i will be thinking of you. Try to not get depressed, everyday that baby stays in is great. Do they have a NICU close by? Try the gestational complications board, there will be others that are going through the same thing. It might help to talk to them.

well they are starting me on steroids tomorrow after confirming the diagnosis and my levels went up from 6-8, and baby is healthy but i think her weight needs to be increased and so does her size? shes measuring only a week behind, but i am going to be monitored from this week in the labour room on a CTG machine and have weekly scans to check my fluid levels. i also have an appointment next saturday with a doctor at a hospial here that does incubators xx

thanks ladies

Anyone been getting braxton hicks yet? Ive been getting them every now and then, but the other night at work, i was contracting every 3 min. So i got off my feet and drank loads of water. That seemed to take care of it. Seems like ill have a few in the early morning hours ( when i havent had anything to drink all night). My mom orderedour crib and changing table yesterday, cant wait to get it set up!

I'm not sure if I've been having Braxton Hicks.

The other day I got a few pains but I couldn't tell if the baby was lying sideways and stretching causing the pain. My belly did feel a little bit hard but I don't know if it's the kind of hard it goes when you have a BH contraction or just whatever way the baby was positioned.

At the top of you uterus (fundus), thats where you can feel it getting hard.

Seems like babys been the size of an eggplant for weeks! When do we move on?

I know! I was hoping it would turn at 28 weeks but no :( Hopefully next week.

I hate egg plants.

Great news about the baby and the fluid Preethi.

We have our 3D scan next Saturday and finally I see the midwife on the 8th. At least now I have enough staff in that I won't need to cancel my appointment again. I have also decided to finish work on the 9th September, take my last weeks holiday and then officially start maternity leave. I can't cope with work, I love the kids but it is getting more difficult day by day.

I feel the exact same! We work 12 hr shifts, by the end its about 13hrs, i literally feel like im going to die at the end. I work three 12 hr shifts a wk then two 12 hour shifts the next week alternating plus extra call days. I wish in the US we could take off early. I dont want to though, because we get 12 wks tops. I want to save them all for after the baby is born. 3.5 of those weeks not only will i not get paid, but will have to pay in for our insurance. I didnt have enough vacation and sick time saved up for the full 12 wks. Im trying to save extra $$ now to make up for it. Cant wait to see you 3D pics!

yay for your 3d scan hippy J. xx

hope you get to your maternity leaves soon xxx

hope everyone is doing ok. x

Well I have been pretty busy this past week. My SIL had her baby so we drove to see my new niece. We also had our 3D/4D ultrasound which was amazing! :cloud9: It was so awesome to see her! I attached some of my favorites (hopefully it works). I also had my glucose and passed :happydance: Then this weekend my mom came and helped me finish painting the nursery while my hubby and dad worked on building our deck. Now I just need to buy accessories for the room (valance, wall hangings, lamps, organizers) and we will be good on the nursery! I am so excited. I will have to try and post pics later!

Attachments

• images_6.jpg
    images_6.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • images_22.jpg
    images_22.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • images_34.jpg
    images_34.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 2
  • images_15.jpg
    images_15.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • images_27.jpg
    images_27.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
Acorn, the 3D pics are great! I had my 28 wk appt today, we booked our 3D in 2 wks.

Thanks guys! It was so cool to see. We noticed pretty quick that she had my long fingers and toes and totally has her daddy's lips. It was an amazing bonding experience. The 2nd to last picture there was of her licking her arm, it was so funny. Oh, and I forgot this one. She had just started to open her eyes which was so crazy to see!

Attachments

• images_29.jpg
    images_29.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back