I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I have a glider picked out from Target. I really just want to buy it, but I have been waiting for it to go on sale. It goes on sale online, but the shipping is so much that even with multiple discount codes it ends up being the same price as in store. The glider has yet to go on sale in store. It's driving me nuts! I am not sure how much longer I can hold out :p

mines at target too!!...its a Kendall or something I think..white frame with just a tan fabric/cushion that way we can use it for the next one too boy or girl... its only $149 w/ the ottoman too which is great...

Ok I might be changing that glider thing...lots of bad reviews about it coming apart..its $196 after tax and shipping from either target OR amazon...I might go with a walmart one/babiesrus one and get free shipping with the site to store/in store pick up options..since target doesnt offer that... so we can get a better made glider which will end up as the same price because of the free shipping...

** wont be babiesrus either because theirs are all sold out..online and in stores and the only ones in stock arent available for in store pickup..and they are $300+...uggh.. I HATE babiesrus!

Speaking of babies r us, ive started noticing walmart has the exact same things for much cheaper!

Speaking of babies r us, ive started noticing walmart has the exact same things for much cheaper!

totally..Babies is a HUGE ripoff on most things...and a horrible company policy for a lot of stuff as well...I created a registry online..and then a few weeks later started getting their sales things and all that...offering discounts and giftcards FOR ANY NEW REGISTRIES CREATED INSTORES ONLY...so lost out on that...and then their sales are always more things NOT INCLUDED than included...and most of the things included on say...a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase...are either dinky things that dont even cost like..$10..or things that are over $200 so they are either getting you to spend tons of money..or giving you like a $.50 discount on something...not really worth it either way in most cases...half the things on the site are out of stock...or not available for instore pick up so you end up spending another arm & leg just for shipping... they are just out for money and are preying on expecting moms and their families...its ridiculous...

we go to Marshalls/Ross/TJMaxx all the time.. and I got quite a few layette sets..carter layette sets..on clearance..each had atleast 6 items..some of them more..and never paid more than $12 for them....babiesrus carter layette sets had like..3 things..and were $26..and that was supposedly on SALE!!...:growlmad:

The one I am looking at is Delta brand. It has good reviews and I have gotten to sit in it in store, so I feel good about buying it. My friend got hers from walmart and was very happy with hers. It really annoys me Target doesn't do ship to store for free! I have a lot of things I wanted to buy from there, but I refuse to pay shipping. Thankfully most things can be found from Amazon.

And yes, Babies R Us is a big ripoff. I wish Target carried more baby items so I wouldn't have had to register at both. I would never buy anything at Babies R Us unless it was on sale and even then you have to be careful. Although I did just find my car seat base online and on sale for 1/2 off this weekend. I was able to choose in store pickup, so I should be able to go get it today :)

I went through my Babies R Us and Target Registries and found as many of my remaining items as I could on Amazon and then made a registry there. They do a 10% completion discount like other places do where you get one day to buy everything starting 30 days before your due date. I am going to use that to buy a lot of the things left on my registries because they are cheaper at Amazon to begin with.

The one I am looking at is Delta brand. It has good reviews and I have gotten to sit in it in store, so I feel good about buying it. My friend got hers from walmart and was very happy with hers. It really annoys me Target doesn't do ship to store for free! I have a lot of things I wanted to buy from there, but I refuse to pay shipping. Thankfully most things can be found from Amazon.

And yes, Babies R Us is a big ripoff. I wish Target carried more baby items so I wouldn't have had to register at both. I would never buy anything at Babies R Us unless it was on sale and even then you have to be careful. Although I did just find my car seat base online and on sale for 1/2 off this weekend. I was able to choose in store pickup, so I should be able to go get it today :)

I went through my Babies R Us and Target Registries and found as many of my remaining items as I could on Amazon and then made a registry there. They do a 10% completion discount like other places do where you get one day to buy everything starting 30 days before your due date. I am going to use that to buy a lot of the things left on my registries because they are cheaper at Amazon to begin with.

would the cushions come off easy and be able to be re-covered? I want a white frame but the dark chocolate color is just too much... has she had any problems with it at all?

Yeah, the delta one doesn't come in a white as far as I know. My friend got a storkcraft one from walmart. Her's was a cherry color too, but from a quick look online it looks like they have the same one in white. This would be the white version of the one she has:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Storkcraft-Tuscany-Glider-and-Ottoman-White/15841550

She says she likes hers a lot, but her baby is only 6 weeks so it hasn't seen a lot of use yet. So I couldn't say anything about longevity.

https://www.target.com/Delta-Bentle...ey Upholstered Glider and Ottoman Set - White I found the Delta in white target.com Im looking into seeing how much it would cost at a local place to get it re-upholstered into something cute for a nursery...

wow sounds like everyones nesting.... ! i cant relate to the babies r us thing as we dont have babies r us and target here but ive heard a lot about it.. glad you ladies are getting good bargains on stuff. x

AFM, my scan is this evening at 6pm, so its not over yet, im just writing down a list of questions to ask my new obgyn george who specializes in high risk pregnancies and i have a bit of an issue with seeing him at his clinic as our insurance will only cover 80% of the costs as his new clinic is private and not recognized under our insurance .. but he will deliver at the city hospital where they have a whole neonatal team etc., so anxious about todays scan, hoping she is fine in there and has grown.. even if just a little bit. xx

I hadn't seen that before Mrs. Jerome. I really like the look of the Delta. It would be cool if you could get it re-upholstered!

Preethi- I hope your scan goes well and that your little girl is growing! Bummer about the insurance deal, hopefully that will all work out too! Keep us updated!

I think ive been nesting, or housework! Which i might add that i hate. I mopped all my floors this morning by hand. Along with dusting and some windows. I literally feel like im going to die!

I think ive been nesting, or housework! Which i might add that i hate. I mopped all my floors this morning by hand. Along with dusting and some windows. I literally feel like im going to die!

by hand?! lol..geez lady this isnt the 1930s lol..lol..get a swiffer wetmop! lol lol...:dohh::dohh: I went crazy the other night and cleaned the entire kitchen before bed...which is something I dont normally do...I have my nesting spurts and god knows once the nursery is fit to move stuff into then I'll really go crazy...today is a take it easy day as Im coming down with something...got a sore throat and stuffy nose...drinking some hot tea with lemon and agave right now...and my hips and SPD are killing me!!

had a dream last night that I had triplets...two boys and a girl..they were soo adorable and soo well behaved...I kept going back into the same dream after I would get up and go potty which was weird but least it wasnt a nightmare I was going back into lol..

I keep having nesting spurts too. They come and go. Sometimes I am crazy about organizing and cleaning, other times I am too exhausted to care. I am at exhausted currently. All I want to do when I come home is relax!

Funny dream Mrs Jerome!! I had one a little while back that I went into labor and decided to shower, get pretty, and then I decided to bake treats for the nurses at the hospital before we left, ha ha! I woke up and thought, well that's a nice idea!! Of course that's probably the last thing I will be thinking about when in labor, but it's the thought that counts right? ;)

What do you think of This diaper bag? Give me a minute got to get on computer to attach a pic

Im normally not a big fan of Vera Bradley, but i saw this one and liked it. Plus, its on sale.

its cute ..how big is it and does it have a lot of compartments or what?

While I was on the computer instead of the Ipad, i thought i would attach a pic of the bulletin board I made. Its really easy and cheap. Just covered in fabric and trimmed in nailheads.

its cute ..how big is it and does it have a lot of compartments or what?

Its the baby bag on Verabradley.com; i think maybe 11 compartments; theres a picture of the model holding it when you go into mom/baby section of the site

oh ok yeah it definitely looks big enough and having all those compartments will be great.. ad it'll be big enough for the toddler stage too and bigger clothes/diapers and stuff Im gonna have two diaper bags..one was given to me by our friends along with alot of other baby stuff..its a pooh bear bag and Im gonna stock it and leave it in hubbies truck coz I see him forgetting the diaper bag more than me lol lol..and the other is the gerber bag from target.com which will be the main/everyday bag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->