I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

sorry for being away everyone, i went for my scan but then didnt really comne online, i was at my mums, i did read all the posts but couldnt sit down and type one myself..

at the scan, she is weighing only around 1.1kgs.. and her abdomen is 3 weeks behind but her head and limbs are measuring fine so she will be asymmetric when she is born. fluid is still really low but she is not in distress. they have given me time until 29th of august which puts me at 32 weeks, they are aiming to keep her in atleast until 32 weeks.. if she stays in longer, much better.. they dont mind 34 weeks as well as long as she is not in distress, but what they say now is that she is pumping blood to her brain to survive etc and they think that the pumping is going to be difficult for her in the coming weeks due to cramped space and less fluid.. so when they find her in distress, they will plan my section then. they wish to have a planned section and so do i, so that they can give me a shot of steroids the night before and i have to be fasting etc.. i hope its not an emergency section where sometimes they will have to have it done ion half n hour so no time for dh to get scrubbed and come inside with me.. i will hate to have that,. plus i want the steroid shots for the baby.. i dont want to deliver her without the shots.

they want little intervention as possible when she comes out. they dont want to have to use ventilators and CPAP etc.. and what they say is that even though she will be really thin skin and bones like, and really small, atleast the longer she stays in, the better maturity her internal organs have. so thats what they are aiming for. im still VERY obviously upset and sad and want the best for her.. my GD one hour testing in saturday and hopefully i get to meet the neonatologist team on saturday and take a tour round the NICU. and then my next growth scan is on monday at 6pm.

to me , every passing week at the scans is a next stepping stone. monday i will be 30 weeks and will feel much better than i do now, even though i know that 30 weeks still means she looks and measures that of a 28 weeker or something..

anyway, im just trying to take my mind off it, but it wont work., im getting my c-section plan ready and my bags packed to leave in dh's car.

so thats that for an update. nothing better, nothing new, atleast shes not in distress which is what i care about most because then we can leave her in there.

Hope you all are doing well.. seems like everyones nesting xxxx and shopping

have a great day ladies :hugs:

Glad that the baby isn't in distress. You should still try and improve your fluids by drinking loads of water as it does replenish several times a day.

aww Preethi :hugs:...well Im glad she isnt in any distress and that they want to let her go as long as possible..also glad they found this all out when they did...we'll be thinking of you definitely and just keep us updated whenever you get a chance hun..we know you have other things on your mind

I am suffering a horrid head cold which has only gotten worse from yesterday...hubby went into work late yesterday because he didnt get any sleep the night before and then I felt horrid so I didnt do anything but drink hot tea and rest..he came home and I didnt have dinner fixed..was just going to do some him some soup and sandwich..and he looked a bit upset that I didnt have a dinner made (soup and sandwich wasnt even started) and he said something and I just burst into tears because I felt like crap..and he said well I could have stopped at subway if you told me you werent going to cook and I was like well you knew when you left that I felt horrible I didnt know you were expecting me to cook a whole meal and you could have asked me if I wanted you to stop and get something on the way instead...but he felt so sorry for me coz I looked pitiful :blush: and so we went to subway and then up to the river to sit where its cool by the water and I felt a lot better BUT..I got stung on the finger by a freaking wasp!! so that didnt make me feel any better and thank god Im not allergic but yeah..that was my day/night and today I woke up feeling even worse sinus wise...even though I took two tylenol and a benadryl last night before bed.. so today will be another hot tea day I guess..

Preethi, I am happy she is not in distress as of now! Hopefully she will surprise everyone and keep it up!

MrsJerome, I would have done the exact same thing! Although after my first trimester and part of second of being so sick and not cooking at all, I don't think he expects too much from me anymore. The last few weeks I have made an effort to cook some full meals and I could tell how excited he was, lol.

For diaper bags I have a Coach one. It's nothing I would have ever bought for myself, but my husband went on a business trip during the first tri and felt bad that I was alone, so he bought it on the trip and brought it home for me :) I want to get another one too that I won't feel as bad about if I trash it.

Oh and Waiting, I think the bag you picked is totally cute and the board turned out awesome!

Ill be thinking about u Preethi! Im glad for now, shes staying put. your doctors seem to be on top of everything, theyll take good care of you and the baby!

Hope you feel better too MrsJerome!

Thanks everyone, hippy, the doctors here, and my british midwife, have told me that in their experience they simply do not believe that me drinking water is going to helpreplenish my fluids as amniotic fluid is made of babys wee and its upto baby to produce the fluid. they poo pooed my idea of drinking excessive water !!

sorry you had a bad evening mrs j:hugs: but glad it all worked out well.. yikes.. i wouldve been screaming my head off if i got stung by a wasp !!

:hugs: to all of you, enjoy your weekend !!

my gtt is tomorrow.. and im hoping to meet the NICU team afterward.. my next growth scan is monday so fx'd everything goes well xx

Hey everyone! I've been away the last week so haven't had much time to check in.

Can't believe we're nearly at 30 weeks already. It feels like the count down has begun.

I bought this:
https://www.clair-de-lune.co.uk/buy/hush-bye-baby-palm-moses-basket_524910597.htm

I have a massive shopping spree to do soon before I get too tired to go shopping! Feeling massive these days. How about everyone else?

Preethi, glad to hear your baby isn't in distress. It's great you've got this far. Keeping my fingers crossed that she can stay put until at least 32 weeks :)

Awww those moses basket things are so cute! Hubby and I are trying to figure out what we DEF need in the first 2-3 months and what we can put off to buy later..still havent had my 3 other showers so we might end up with everything anyway but..just incase we have put the highchair..crib (i think) and a few other things on hold as they wont be needed immediately...but Im really hoping we get most of everything before shes here just so I will feel like Im ready...

Preethi...I didnt scream..I was quite in shock actually because it was hidden under the door handle and I mean I totally didnt see it and wasnt expecting it..now if it had been a spider..I would STILL be sitting in corner rocking myself lol lol...its pretty much all better now..just a tiny bit tender on the spot but nothing major...so glad Im not allergic..its the first time Ive been stung by anything in years!! but now I will ALWAYS be checking under car door handles..I learned my lesson...

Im starting a group in my area for expecting moms and moms/dads with kids like...around 1 year or younger...just to meet up every few weeks and get out of the house and socialize with some adults..and let the kids get an early start on socializing too...one of the ladies that joined..is actually a Labor and Delivery nurse at the hospital where I will be having Brieanan..which is soo crazy..maybe she can sneak me in some MacDos or something lol...

I love those baskets too! So cute! I want one, but I don't think I NEED one, so I will probably pass. I am starting to just buy some of the things we really need because I am getting impatient. I just want everything to be ready. I am also tired of shopping for things, I really don't like having to pick between things and make purchasing decisions!

We have the swing..a papasan chair..but it doesnt bounce so I left the bouncy one on our registry..the bath..the bumbo..the exersaucer/activity thing..my mom has a walker for me from her friend..and a few clothes and stuff..we have one carseat and I have a few things for decoration nursery wise.. Im not worried about having the big stuff right now as we dont really have room for it until the nursery is done..but I do want to be able to air out everything for a bit because a lot of people say stuff..especially the plastics and painted things have an odor for the first little bit...

Yeah, we went ahead and bought our mattress a couple of weeks ago because I really wanted to make sure it had time to properly air out. We really do have a lot of stuff, there are just a ton of small things we still need. Most of the big things we don't need right away, so I might wait until around Christmas time for a lot of that.

It actually wasn't bad at all! I probably could have waited, but the whole off-gassing thing freaked me out a little. It took me forever to pick out a mattress. I couldn't decide if it was worth the cost for an organic mattress. In the end I bought a normal one and an organic mattress cover.

I was going to get one of the vibrating mattresses that is supposed to help them sleep but then we decided to get a motion sensor monitor so cant really use the vibrating mattress with that lol...so we'll just get a normal one..what brand did you get and how much was it?

nice idea starting a group like that Mrs J, ladies to keep you company and lol a labour and delivery nurse where you will be having brieanan, thats nice ! sure could come in handy ! i would scream nonetheless as we dont have creepy crawlies here, and im not a nature person !

I bought the Sealy Ultra Rest from walmart. It was $73. I was going to get the Serta Night Star, but the Sealy was in store and I couldn't find the Serta in store anywhere. I know I can do ship to store, but it's just such a pain.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sealy-Baby-Ultra-Rest-Crib-and-Toddler-Bed-Mattress/12662573

have you put it in the crib yet and does it fit and all? everyone told me to wait till you get the crib before the mattress and make sure you measure..because even though they are supposed to be "standard" a lot of them arent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->