I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

My nursery is now pretty much complete. I even have put the clothes in the draws, top one newborn and the second draw 0-3 months.
I also bought a safety sleeper yesterday made from memory foam. I am getting very excited now :)

I am picking up my birthing pool tonight from a lady who failed to use the one she bought due to complications in birth. Comes with a new liner and everything. Whoop, not long now :)

Our baby room is on the agenda for this weekend. We'll have to do a shopping trip at the weekend to pick up some baby stuff and probably a detour to Ikea to get a set of drawers and check out a sofa bed.

I'm also going to buy all the stuff for my hospital bag.

Can't wait to get a start on it!

wow. looks like all of you are getting set.. how very exciting ! x
just wanted to update, we got to meet the neonatologist today, and he was very nice, we are very comfortable with him, and we got to see the NICU unit as well, it was sad to see that 8 out of 12 beds were full of babies,.. one was only 900 gm, we didnt get to go inside, but had a look from the outside..

this evening at 5:30 , i have my growth scan, so thats in three hours.. i will be going to stay at mums after that for two days, so will try to update from there.. hope youre all doing well. x

Good luck for the growth scan later on!

How long is everyone's OHs planning on taking off work? My husband will take 2 weeks but I just realised he's only getting paid £128 per week during paternity leave so it's going to be really tight financially.
I wish I'd realised that sooner so we could save a bit more now to cover it.

have you put it in the crib yet and does it fit and all? everyone told me to wait till you get the crib before the mattress and make sure you measure..because even though they are supposed to be "standard" a lot of them arent..

I had heard that as well! I didn't have any problems with mine fitting, but I was prepared to take it back if it didn't fit.

My nursery is getting very close to finished :) I bought a ton of stuff off of Amazon that should be showing up tomorrow so then I will be even closer. I have already washed and put away everything that I can. I love doing baby laundry!...At least while it's new and clean, ha ha. I just need to hang stuff on the walls now and put together our glider. I am waiting to take it out of the box in case it goes on sale in the next month or so.

Preethi- Glad you are comfortable with the neonatologist, I am sure that helps put your mind at ease a little! Hope the next scan goes well!

Stouffer- My husband doesn't get any sort of pay if he goes on paternity leave. For now he has just been trying to save up as much vacation as possible. He will take at least a week off and then we aren't sure. He might take another week, or do a couple of weeks of 1/2 days. It stinks he doesn't get more time off. I am already taking 6 weeks extra unpaid, and he makes a lot more than me so we can't really afford for him to take anything unpaid.

So I am starting to measure a little small (fundal height). I measured 27 at my 28 week appointment and now 28 at my 30 week. So basically I am gaining one week for every 2 weeks. My midwife said I am now at the very low range of normal. If I only gain one week at my next appointment in two weeks they will send me in for an ultrasound. She said sometimes growth slows down and then speeds up, so not to get worried yet. Anyone else had this issue?

We went for our 4D ultrasound today. We saw his face some, but he kept putting his hands up too. His little face looked so chubby! He was weighing 3lb 3oz, right on track. Weve got most of the nursery stuff in there, but just need to get the carpets cleaned and everything organized. Ive been looking at some wall decals online. Has anyone ever seen these in person? I wondered if they looked good or if they looked cheap? You cant really tell online.
DH isnt working right now, he and his dad closed their business due to the economy. Were hoping hes working by then, but it would be great if hes still off to be at home to help me. Im going to take 12wks off.

Good luck Preethi! Let us know how baby is doing when u get a chance.

hubby finished sanding the nursery last night so this week after hes home from work its painting time...we went to BabiesRUs yesterday since we were out there close to it anyway and tested out the rocker gliders..one of them literally had screws about to fall out!!..I told hubby to get out fast because it looked like it could break any minute.. we picked the Shermag one..its was the cheapest one they had there and it seemed the most stable and its white frame like I want..and at this point I dont even care about the cushion color...I put it on my registry lol..maybe we'll get lucky lol..but prolly not

I have an appt tomorrow..so I guess they may check fundal height then..not sure...but she measured perfectly in percentile at the 3D scan ...im hoping she doesnt do a crazy late growth spurt and hit like..9 lbs lol lol..6-7 is good enough for me lol..

Preethi..glad you like your new Dr and feel comfy with him...the NICU is a scary place...spent a lot of time there with my younger brother and sister but its the best care they can get...hope she stays in as long as possible..

** oh and hubby gets 3 days off for paternal leave..and his boss said he can make up the other two days if he wants to take a whole week off by just going in early or staying late a little bit each day before or after... not sure how long he'll stay home though yet..

We went for our 4D ultrasound today. We saw his face some, but he kept putting his hands up too. His little face looked so chubby! He was weighing 3lb 3oz, right on track. Weve got most of the nursery stuff in there, but just need to get the carpets cleaned and everything organized. Ive been looking at some wall decals online. Has anyone ever seen these in person? I wondered if they looked good or if they looked cheap? You cant really tell online.
DH isnt working right now, he and his dad closed their business due to the economy. Were hoping hes working by then, but it would be great if hes still off to be at home to help me. Im going to take 12wks off.

Good luck Preethi! Let us know how baby is doing when u get a chance.

I have bought some decals online and had good luck with them. I am guessing it has a lot to do with the seller and the quality of the product. What kind of decal are you interested in?

It really sucks how little time off men get for paternity leave. I'm grateful that in the UK they're entitled to 2 weeks off. I read the thread on maternity leave in the US. I couldn't believe how short it is there. I'd be tempted to stop working all together.

Personally I won't be getting any maternity leave because I'm self-employed and can't afford to pay someone to cover my leave. It sucks but I can be very flexible with my work so I'll just have to make do.

Acorn, I was last measured at 28.5 weeks and I measured 27.5cm, so a week behind. I won't be measured again until 32 weeks so we'll see if it's caught up. My midwife wasn't too concerned though and I've heard that's only accurate to within a week or two.

My midwife wasn't concerned at all the first time it happened, but she didn't like the trend I was starting when it happened the second time. She still wasn't concerned unless it happens again because then I will have gone 3 weeks behind. I just don't want to be low on fluids or something and not know it.

The paternity leave thing sucks and 6 weeks paid for the mother isn't much better. It stinks that I have to take the rest unpaid, but I really want that time at home. I am going back part time, but I am really tempted to just not come back at all. I haven't convinced the hubby of that though!

Im pretty sure fundal height can be a little off. I would think one week either way would be ok. If they do an ultrasound, that would be a better indicator of fetal wellbeing.

Not sure on the decals, saw some large elephants, giraffes, momkeys that were cute.

We might end up getting the decals..or...there is a lady that does murals and I thought about that too..I just think decals are easier for them to grow out of..you just take them off you know..a mural I would hate to paint over after just a few years...so we will prolly go the decal route if we put anything up...

Hubby is taking two weeks paid paternity and then two weeks holiday so will be off for a month. Baby was on track at my last appointment but then I am only 4ft 9" and so they expect me to be big as the baby has less space to fit into.

I wouldn't worry about fundal height too much, I know loads of people way out who had big babies.

Im pretty sure fundal height can be a little off. I would think one week either way would be ok. If they do an ultrasound, that would be a better indicator of fetal wellbeing.

Not sure on the decals, saw some large elephants, giraffes, momkeys that were cute.

Yeah we are two weeks off which I guess isn't a big deal. They get a little worried when you hit 3 weeks off and even then it can be ok, they just want to check with an ultrasound at that point.

Now that I have seen some decals I might do that for her name instead of painting letters, ha ha. We are doing safari animals on her bedding and I found some you can customize with her name that are sooo cute! I like looking at esty.com for those sorts of things.

Thanks for all the wishes ladies xxxx

sorry i cant remember much of what everyones been talking about as ive had 3 pages to catch up toxx

but hoping everyones doing well and much much better than i am ! xxxx

afm, had ,my scan but it wasnt a growth scan, just a doppler scan to check the blood flow from baby to brain and baby to placenta, all looked good, growth scans are done every two weeks and doppler scans to check blood flow every week.

i had a massive scare today absolutely no movements except for one and had to go in to get checked.. my lovely doctor, got a call from the nurses about my ctg, and even though it was normal, he came into the hospital at 10:30 at night even though he dosent work in that hospital, and did a scan for me and said dont ever feel stupid for coming in, your case is so high risk that even if you come in twice a day, we would have to check you.. and he looked at baby, she looked fine etc, but he said lets draw the line at 32 weeks, i will speak to your other doctor about it as well, seems like september 1st or 2nd - 32weeks + 4 or + 5 seems reasonable to have a caesarean as its better to get a small baby out than leave a small baby in and deliver when its distressed,. i was shocked at hearing this because that is only 2 weeks and two days away !!! i cant believe he says i might have to have my baby in two weeks and two days or so.. he also asked me to come in on thursday for a complimentary visit and scan to see how baby is doing as with my levels of fluid and size of baby etc, he wants to keep constant tabs on me, and basically i have two doctors working on me because my ob gyn is leaving the hospital i was seeing him at , and joining this clinic with another high risk doctor and they are running this business, but will deliver their patients at a different hospital. my ob gyn is contractually bound to his old hospital until the 31st of august and so wont be able to operate on me until then, but if i need the surgery on the 30th or before then it will be his new partner who would be operating on me so both are working together on my case.. its all come as a shock now to know that i will mostly be having my baby at 32 weeks which is anywhere from the 29th of august - 2nd of september.. im not sure when,. but will let you all know when i get a fixed date.,. im scared, anxious and worried that my journey being pregnant ends so soon and that baby is going to be 8 weeks early..im worried for her, but it might be better for her out of my womb if shes not growing inside, i dont know.. i will get to know more details soon, but for now, this is whats happening.. and i dont have a c-section date yet, but most likely theyre looking at 32 weeks. i dont know what to feel.. xxx

Hang in there Preethi, you and baby will do great! The NICU team will be right there when u deliver to be with baby. 32wk babies almost always do great, especially since your delivery is planned and not an emergency. Ill be thinking of you, stay in touch

Preethi, Thanks for the updates! I am happy to hear she was ok. What a shock to hear you will probably have her in 2 weeks! At least you now have some idea of what to expect. Luckily the outlook at 32 weeks is pretty great, although I know you are still worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->