I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I ordered a decal online this morning. I was going to paint letters, but I decided I didn't want to deal with the frustration! I am doing the initial in a light pink and her name in a darker pink.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/582216...=21&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I had 5 boxes of things I had ordered from Amazon delivered last night. I had a blast opening them! I bought a lot of things I felt like I needed and didn't want to wait to see if I would get for shower gifts. I bought the changing pad and cover for the changing table, valance, wall decorations, mobile, boppy pillow and cover and a bunch of other small things like nursing pads and milk storage bags. Then I bought a few things I certainly didn't need, but were on sale. I feel like I have most everything to get her room finished now! :)

wow acorn, glad you enjoyed unveiling all your goods!! sounds like you have it all together.. must be exciting.. i love unwrapping things ive ordered !!

AFM, i have my ctg and scan in two hours.. this is with the doctor who told me that we should draw a line at 32 weeks and get the baby out.. im anxious and hoping for more answers so will update soon when i get back ! x

didnt have a scan, only ctg. from now on its going to be two appointments weekly, monday scans and thursday ctg's

Everything was going so fast but now it's slowed down again. I need a hobby :lol: Spending too much time on here is making it take forever!

I have so many little things to do like wash the clothes but am still waiting for the nursery to be done...otherwise I have nowhere to put it all once its finished lol..I am getting so excited though 68 days...cant believe it lol..when is everyone starting their hospital bags for you and LO?

Ive got a long list of things i want to get done around the house before baby arrives. Packing hospital bag is on the list. I am on vacation in Florida right now with my mom and sister. Hubby stayed home, he is supposed to be working on the list. Finishing the nursery is no 1 on the list. It really does seem like we are so close though. Just think at 37 weeks we are considered term, so that mark is REALLY close.

Preethi 8 weeks early isn't bad at all. It is good that they are taking such care over you and baby. If I can arrive 6 weeks early 38 years ago then 8 weeks now is going to be fine.
I have been told that the baby is now running out of space due to my height (4ft 9")and that he/she is putting a great deal of pressure on my organs. They have suggested I may want to leave work now or reduce my hours as much as possible as I need to rest and give my body a break. I am not sure I can afford to leave any earlier. I am hoping that baby can hold on until week 37 as I really would like my home water birth, but I guess what will be will be.

Thanks hippy, yes youre right.. that does make me feel better xxxx

wow you better take some rest or time off work and dont over do yourself.. :hugs:

im sure your baby will hold on until 37... if you rest well.. then youll get the home birth you want .. xx

I have so many little things to do like wash the clothes but am still waiting for the nursery to be done...otherwise I have nowhere to put it all once its finished lol..I am getting so excited though 68 days...cant believe it lol..when is everyone starting their hospital bags for you and LO?

I'm going to buy most of the stuff for my hospital bag this weekend. I know I'll need to repack or add to it a couple of times so want to get it started early.

Ill probably wait to pack my hospital bag, because whatever I put in it, Ill think I need to use it and just get everything back out. Thats how I am about packing for trips too. I pack about 1 hour before I leave. LOL!!

Ill probably wait to pack my hospital bag, because whatever I put in it, Ill think I need to use it and just get everything back out. Thats how I am about packing for trips too. I pack about 1 hour before I leave. LOL!!

Im the same way!! I mean once we get all the baby stuff from showers and everything I'll pack her bag but mine..well I need those clothes now! lol..packing right before trips is the best part..it gets you all excited..course I know I'll have to pack before this trip but just not right yet lol lol..

We don't have a Target where I live, but they have one down here, so I went this morning and picked up a few things. I keep trying not to buy things, because I might get them at the shower. Im wanting everything done, though. Im getting really excited knowing that we are so close. I hope these last few weeks fly by like the rest of the pregnancy has.

I started packing my bag this week after my twin sister had her baby on monday at 33 weeks! It has got me a bit jumpy so i want to be prepared. My DH and i are spending the next couple of weeks getting everything organised, as we have done very little so far, as we thought we had loads of time. My MIL has very kindly bought our pram and car seat, which is sat in a warehouse waiting to be picked up. I asked her if we could collect it just in case and she refused saying she wants to bring it with her when the baby is born. Am i being totally unreasonable being really annoyed at this??? I want the car seat ready and want to practice getting it in and out of the car before he arrives, but i am sure she is using it as an excuse to HAVE to be at the hospital when we bring him home. ARGHHH!

I would tell her that you have to take it to a local police/fire station so they can check that you have it installed right and make sure there is nothing wrong with it...whats gonna happen if she gets it there and god forbid there IS something wrong with it..there you are without a carseat!...I would tell OH same thing and get him to MAKE her give it to you!! soo unfair..either that or be like well we will just get our own then and you can use that one at your house lol..see what she says to that...but seriously..you need to get practice and you need to make sure there are no problems with it and that you have the base installed correctly and know how to get it in and out easily..dont let her stress you out even more.. my MIL already tried to talk her way into being here for the first week and be here at the house when LO is born and I told hubby no way in hell..that it was our time...she knows if she comes to the birth she will HAVE to stay atleast 5-6 days to make it worth her 8 hour trip...and that is sooo not happening... stupid MILs!! wish we could divorce them!!

Hi ladies,

i am 31 weeks today, but i dont have a date yet for my section or anything, it could may well be at 33 weeks, they havent committed to me, or given me a date or said anything. getting the baby out at 32 weeks was a suggestion by one of the doctors, but today i have my dieticians appointment as my sugar levels which are supposed to be 95 or less at the GTT, came out at 99 and though my ob gyn considers it normal, he thinks i would benefit from a visit to a dietician.. and my dh agrees even more because of all the crap i eat lol..

so today at 4pm, i have my dieticians appointment, and then at 5, its the much awaited growth scan.. i am soooooo anxious and at the same time just want to get some answers and an idea of when they think they might deliver.
my sister is planning to come around the 28th of august for a week - 10 days and is hoping that she can be there for the birth if it happens around that time.

we're then going out for dinner with a couple we met at the antenatal class, as we keep bumping into them when we go shopping lol

wish me luck ladies.. keep me in your prayers.. hoping baby has gained enough weight and is growing.. xx

I started packing my bag this week after my twin sister had her baby on monday at 33 weeks! It has got me a bit jumpy so i want to be prepared. My DH and i are spending the next couple of weeks getting everything organised, as we have done very little so far, as we thought we had loads of time. My MIL has very kindly bought our pram and car seat, which is sat in a warehouse waiting to be picked up. I asked her if we could collect it just in case and she refused saying she wants to bring it with her when the baby is born. Am i being totally unreasonable being really annoyed at this??? I want the car seat ready and want to practice getting it in and out of the car before he arrives, but i am sure she is using it as an excuse to HAVE to be at the hospital when we bring him home. ARGHHH!

I would be annoyed at that too. You need to fit the car seat in advance. You can't just risk her showing up at the hospital and then pissing about trying to get it fitted at the last minute before you're discharged. What if there was a problem with it?

What does your OH think?

I would tell her that you have to take it to a local police/fire station so they can check that you have it installed right and make sure there is nothing wrong with it...whats gonna happen if she gets it there and god forbid there IS something wrong with it..there you are without a carseat!...I would tell OH same thing and get him to MAKE her give it to you!! soo unfair..either that or be like well we will just get our own then and you can use that one at your house lol..see what she says to that...but seriously..you need to get practice and you need to make sure there are no problems with it and that you have the base installed correctly and know how to get it in and out easily..dont let her stress you out even more.. my MIL already tried to talk her way into being here for the first week and be here at the house when LO is born and I told hubby no way in hell..that it was our time...she knows if she comes to the birth she will HAVE to stay atleast 5-6 days to make it worth her 8 hour trip...and that is sooo not happening... stupid MILs!! wish we could divorce them!!

Ditto ;) Also, I want to wash the cover on my car seat. It's probably not necessary, but I will do it anyway. One more excuse to have it now ;)

Hi ladies,

i am 31 weeks today, but i dont have a date yet for my section or anything, it could may well be at 33 weeks, they havent committed to me, or given me a date or said anything. getting the baby out at 32 weeks was a suggestion by one of the doctors, but today i have my dieticians appointment as my sugar levels which are supposed to be 95 or less at the GTT, came out at 99 and though my ob gyn considers it normal, he thinks i would benefit from a visit to a dietician.. and my dh agrees even more because of all the crap i eat lol..

so today at 4pm, i have my dieticians appointment, and then at 5, its the much awaited growth scan.. i am soooooo anxious and at the same time just want to get some answers and an idea of when they think they might deliver.
my sister is planning to come around the 28th of august for a week - 10 days and is hoping that she can be there for the birth if it happens around that time.

we're then going out for dinner with a couple we met at the antenatal class, as we keep bumping into them when we go shopping lol

wish me luck ladies.. keep me in your prayers.. hoping baby has gained enough weight and is growing.. xx

Praying that baby of yours has been growing!!

You know its crazy how so many people want to "help" or do stuff for you when you are preggie or after the baby is here..and they really are only being selfish and doing it for themselves with the "help" thing as an excuse...

Preethi..hope shes growing and hope your dietician is nice and not a food nazi lol lol..I know I need to get more protein in and veggies but its hard...and would be great if your sister can be there for support for you guys too if baby happens to be born then...

As far as packing a hospital bag...I have all the baby's stuff folded and in one spot, although I keep adding to the pile. I don't want to put it in a bag quite yet as I don't want wrinkles ;) But I know where everything is if I need to make a fast getaway to the hospital! I have one nursing shirt I bought for me to wear home, but I would like another to take just in case it doesn't fit. Most bathroom items will be packed last minute. I also have snacks and drinks I want to get packed and in one place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->