I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

well I am now pretty much not going back to work. I have to pop in Thursday but effectively I am now off until April next year.

Enjoy the time off hippy! I don't know if I am getting any mat leave yet as I'm self-employed :(

I just looked through some of the earlier posts on this topic. It made me feel kind of weird reading them - some people who are still posting and some who aren't. You forget how scary first tri is.

Brieanans hiccups today at 33 weeks lol..I feel so bad for her..she has been getting them..or maybe Ive just started really feeling them more often the past few days lol.. anyone elses LO getting the hiccups alot... hiccup long.wav - 10.09MB

No hiccups my end. But Pickle has decided to move to the middle instead of the left handside. He/She better move back into position in the next couple of weeks.

Today is the same day in my pregnancy that my twin sister gave birth :\ EEK! No labour pains for me though, so fingers (and legs!) crossed i have nothing for a few more weeks!
My LO has hiccups right now! Its so cute, but also a bit annoying!

Hiccups started for me about 3 weeks ago, or at least that's when I started feeling them! They were cute to start with, but man do they get annoying! I feel bad that it annoys me ;) My goal for my day off yesterday was to sleep in as late as possible, but baby woke me up with the hiccups and they wouldn't stop, so I finally just got out of bed.

Yay for honeydew!! I thought that ticker was never going to change!!

I've been feeling baby's hiccups since about 22-24 weeks I think. My baby gets them about 5 times a day so plenty of opportunity to notice them :lol:

They don't really annoy me unless bubs is banging off my hip bones which just feels strange!

So who has their hospital bag ready? Not me!!!!

Mine are low and in an uncomfortable spot, which is why they are more annoying I would guess. I feel them in my pelvis, do you think that means she is head down? I can't make any sense of the lumps I am feeling now. I hope the midwife can tell me Thursday! It really is a bonding thing for me to know what is where, I am not sure why.

No hospital bag packed here! I have started laying things out in one spot that I want to take though! I am not ready to pack, but if there was a surprise delivery of some sort I would be able to tell my mom where everything is so she could bring it to me. I mostly don't want everything wrinkled, so I am waiting. How many bags are people taking? I was thinking I would have a baby bag with all of her things and then a suitcase of mine and hubby's items. I keep wanting to bring EVERYTHING for baby. I have a ton of headbands, shoes, hats, and things I am packing since I am not sure what will fit. None of these are necessary, but I can't help myself. I also bought a box of bubble gum "it's a girl" cigars for the hospital. Once again, I couldn't help myself when I saw them :)

her hiccups arent annoying I guess..I just feel bad for her lol..coz I hate the hiccups lol..te only time they were annoying was when I was sitting a certain way and I could feel her head tap my bladder every time lol...could definitely do without that..lol..

and last night I was laying in bed..and I had my hand resting where her head was and every now and then I would press in..:blush: really just to mess with her lol..and it worked!!..and her right arm was over her head so her hand was down there too..and ohhhh she got so mad..she was punching my hand away lol lol.. but she got me back by shoving her butt up against my lungs so I couldnt breathe lol..she is definitely gonna be stubborn like me lol..

Ha ha, that's exactly why I like to know what is what. It's a lot more fun when you know what you are poking! I have a very hard lump right next to the right side of my belly button. She pushes it out a lot and it moves around some, but not very far. I am dying to know what it is! My favorite part of the 3D scan was at the end when the tech showed me what the lumps I was feeling were. I lost track when she went breech :p

lol..do you think maybe shes head down again? if shes head down that lump is prolly a shoulder/elbow...otherwise its prolly a knee....im just glad to know Im not like..poking her eye or something thinking it was her butt lol lol..

If you're feeling hiccups down in your pelvis then baby is probably head down.
I can feel my baby's bum (just by my stomach), its back (feels almost flat or curved depending on baby's lie) and feet (hard lumps off to the side). Sometimes I can feel legs and arms. I can't feel the head but my doctor could after a lot of uncomfortable poking around.

I'm just bringing a small cabin luggage size suitcase for me and a changing bag for baby which will have all the usual nappies and a few outfits. I'm hoping not to have to spend more than 1 night in hospital but hubby can always bring me more stuff.

I haven't actually packed the bag yet though so I may be being optimistic about how much space it will all take up!

I have a small gym duffel for me..hubby will take his gym duffel..and then another small bag for Brieanan...

I am going to pack a hospital bag this week even though I am planning a home birth, just in case.

I have a baby bag packed for Pickle already, with 3 vests, 3 sleep suits, socks, hat, nappies etc. I won't be packing anymore, if we end up at hospital and I need anything for baby then my dad or mum will bring it. We are also going to put the car seat in the car just in case.

I like to be prepared, hence why my birth pool has remained up.

I am pretty sure I can feel baby's back on my right side. There is very little on my left. I just can't tell if she is up or down ;) I feel the hiccups in my pelvis for sure, but for some reason am not convinced she is head down. I am very curious though. It just doesn't feel the same as it did when I knew she was head down before.

Even if I didn't have my baby items packed before I went into labor, it wouldn't be a big deal. The hospital has outfits and everything we need for her. The midwife told me only to bring a going home outfit if I desired. Of course I promptly ignored her and have sleep outfits, going home outfit, socks, shoes, hair bows, several head bands, a couple of hats, and a couple of cute blankets. A girl has got to have options, even if she is only a day old. :haha:

ha ha..I have a going home outfit picked I just dont know if she'll end up fitting in it haha..

Brieanan is on my left side..she has favored that side the whole time..so her back is pushed out to my side or up to my stomach and her feet/hands are over to the right side..my stomach is literally lopsided as you can see below..

Attachments

• P9020247.jpg
    P9020247.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1
I have a newborn outfit, but I am worried it will be too big or small. I have 2 pairs of pants to go with it in different sizes. Hopefully it will work!

Ha ha, Mrs Jerome, I am totally lopsided as well! Just on the opposite side. Sometimes it's a lot worse than others. When it's really bad my husband likes to inform me that I am lopsided like I didn't already know!

can you tell looking at yours head on..I cant tell in the mirror but I can look down and definitely tell lol..

I think my husband and I can tell head on when she is really pushing out, but no one else seems to notice, ha ha. I'm always paranoid that someone will notice how lopsided I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->