I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

The other day we went out with friends and I had 2 large pieces of pizza, 2 large pieces of garlic bread and salad. I have never eaten that much before! My husband just stared at me, lol. Then on the way home I made him stop for ice cream! I felt guilty that it was all junk, but not for eating that much, ha ha!

My husband hasn't gained weight at all. He has an amazing metabolism, it's super annoying!!

Anyone else swelling up? I feel like I have cankles now, and I had to take my wedding ring off last weekend. I'm pretty sad that I had to take it off :( I can't remember the last time I wore tennis shoes. I have just been wearing sandals all summer!

No swelling thank goodness.
My hubby hasn't put any weight on. I have put on 13lbs.
Although I can eat more, I still can't eat much still.

no swelling for me...super super achey all over if on my feet for too long..like today..we went to Target..Hobby Lobby..Hobby Town..Walmart..Gander Mountain..ugh my back and belly is just throbbing it feels like..then I had to come home and put groceries up but luckily it wasnt a huge grocery trip so not too many..we bought a video camera today for the birth and for the baby...cant wait!!..now Im gonna go sit and help hubby putty up the holes in the wainscoting and trim... before he paints it and then we are officially done construction wise..prolly wont be done till tomorrow since we were out all day today but still its gonna be finished soon!!

I don't think my husband has gained any weight but I've overtaken him on the weight scales. I'm now 21lb heavier than when I started but I started with a BMI of 21 it's right on track.

I have noticed swelling in the last 2 weeks. I can't get my wedding and engagement rings on and I feel like I have sausage fingers. I feel like I can't bend my fingers enough - like that feeling when you have a long sleep and then find it hard to do up your shirt buttons in the morning. It's a bit annoying.

SPD has got much worse these past 2 weeks and I feel like I don't want to leave the house much now. I can just about manage to do the shopping but that's about it.

Has anyone started getting pain just from carrying the weight of the baby? If I walk for too long I get horrible period pains until I sit down for a while. I just keep thinking I have another 6 weeks of this. I'm going to be in a state by my due date!

I too am in horrible pain with my SDP and walking has become something I do under duress.

Im not having any swelling yet, but do have BH occasionally. Anyone been having sex? If u have an orgasm, then youll feel your uterus contract. You usually can see it too. My DH isnt gaining weight, losing if anhthing. Weve finished ourclasses now. Last nite i started washing baby clothes! It really is starting to feel really close now. Anyone heard anything friom Preethi lately? Were going to our 1st shower today, so im super excited!

oh my SPD and stuff yesterday after being on my feet for like..5 hours yesterday was horrible..specially the first time I got up in the middle of the night to go potty...my pubic bone felt all stiff and bruised like someone had smashed it with a hammer..uggh!! hubby is going to Target and Home Depot today to grab a few last little things to finish the walls on the nursery and I think Im going to just stay home...

no sex here...idk..I want it..but I dont at the same time... if that makes sense..lol...the same positions arent comfy..it just seems like so much work lol.. :dohh:

have fun at the shower..hope you get lots of stuff..cant wait to hear!!

Shower went great today! We all had a great time. We got tons of stuff, i dont know where to put it all. Ive got baby wipes coming out my ears,LOL! Everyone says dont take them back tho, that well use them. Lots of food, and im eating more cake as i type.

I cant wait for baby to drop, even if it means more pee stops. I constantly feel like i cant breathe, sitting is VERY uncomfortable. Im so tall, i would have though baby wouldnt be in my ribs, boy have i been wrong. I feel like im constantly breathing hard. Seems like were all getting to the uncomfortable stage now. Im thinkin OMG, how can ths go on for 6 more weeks, while im still getting bigger?!

I know..I cant imagine getting any bigger!!..uggh!!...

Preethi is staying in the hospital in a room right beside they NICU..they are treating her and Gemma very well..but of course its hard on her...she hates leaving the hospital because she just feels bad that she is leaving her little one...she should be home in a few weeks though..cant wait to see more pics of her... I read all this on her other thread by the way...

Thanks Mrs J, for updating on my behalf, sorry ive not been much, i was about to post on here the other day but had to rush for her feeding, its been a struggle the past week teaching her to bottle feed as they have a criteria for discharge which is 1.8kgs, 35 weeks and exclusive bottle or breast feeding, gemma gets really tired trying to suck from the bottle or breast because she is still small and it tires her out, im waking at odd hours of the night trying to teach her and its taking a toll on me as well, otherwise, she has gained weight upto 1.63 today and is out of her incubator so things are looking good.xxx

thinking about all of you xxx Mrs J, acorn, stouffer.. all of you have only two weeks and a bit for full term... it must be so exciting for all of you xxx hope you are all doing well xxx

BIG :hugs: to all of you xxx

Good to hear from you Preethi! I hope she gains weight and gets to come home soon!! I am sure that is hard.

I made food last night to freeze for after baby, made chili for dinner and extra to freeze, and worked on a craft project for baby's room. I also went shopping for supplies before that. I was on the floor when I was crafting, and man did that take a toll! I keep getting spurts of energy and feel the need to get a ton done. Unfortunately my lower tail bone was insanely sore this morning. It was a struggle to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I should take it a little more easy, but I am SO close to being done with baby's room! I have one more small project and a few things to hang. I am hoping to be done in the next couple of days. My husband is also building a deck and is very close to finishing. Once he is done with that and stops tracking in saw dust and leaving tools in the house I will be ready to deep clean! We are also hoping to do a kitchen back splash in the next week or 2. Lots to do! I hope we can finish and relax a little before baby gets here!

Glad to hear Gemma is doing well! Hang in there. She'll be out before you know it :)

I've had another dose of the nesting urge but I'm kind of failing at it due to this stupid SPD and general exhaustion. E.g. Today I put my hospital bag together and did some washing and now I feel like I can't get off the sofa.

It's driving me nuts. The bathroom is disgusting and the urge to clean is so strong but I don't think I can manage it today. I actually put off sorting through things in second tri because I thought I would be bored and need to nest in third tri and now I find I haven't the energy to do it. Oops!

I still have so much stuff to buy too. So glad I can shop online! :lol:

I just did a huge shopping spree online at Target to get most of the rest of the items that I feel I need. I want a cosleeper still that I have to go in store for and then I think I am done. I LOVE online shopping. It's so easy and it's like Christmas when all the boxes come :)

My house is SO dirty right now it's driving me insane. I don't want to clean until my husband is done with the deck because he just tracks in more messes. I put that last spurt of energy to good use, but there is still a ton to do. This morning while in the shower I was mentally reorganizing the living room, lol. This sounds kind of crazy, but I have it in my head that this baby will not come until everything is checked off my list. I want everything done so I feel like she can come anytime, ha ha. I actually had a friend who had a "to do" list and finished it the night before she went into labor, so maybe I am not crazy :haha:

They say baby knows when you are ready and that if you are anxious about stuff then it holds off coming. This is why people manage to move house and then baby arrives.
My mum is going to decorate my living room for me this week as I really want it doing and I can't due to my pain, then I am sorted. But baby better hold on until after 37 weeks.

Baby's nursery is done! Woo hoo! Pics are below :) The picture frame with daisies is a hair bow holder I made. We also have a custom name decal to go over the crib, but since we are keeping the name a secret, we are waiting until the last minute to put it up :)

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

awww...its so cute!!..are those dots wallpaper border or stencils or what?

here is our haul from the shower today!

we got

the travel system (was a present from the whole group)
the angelcare movement deluxe monitor set
baby girl memory book
the "grass" drying rack
3 sleepers (thank god coz we didnt need anymore clothes lol lol)
a pack of onzies (once again..glad it was only one pack)
a few packs of hooded towels
lots of wash clothes
johnson & johnson lavender nighttime bath set
bibs
few packs of burpclothes
8 receiving blankets
two crib sheets
one big plush snuggle blanket
2 car seat toys and two ball toys
target giftcard for $35

I just went on my registry and took off everything that has been bought...and took off stuff we wont need till shes a bit older..and other unnecessary stuff and added the rest to the cart which was like..8 items..but two of them were the co sleeper and the pack-n-play so big things...and then added it to the cart to see how much...and added the 20% discount from target..and will also get another what like..10% discount for the stuff that people didnt buy from the registry that you buy yourself..and its like..$330...not too bad I dont think...saved over $100... my next shower will be mostly money and giftcards so that will work out well hopefully ...cant wait...

Attachments

• hubby work haul.jpg
    hubby work haul.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
Lovely nursery Acorn.
Great haul at the baby shower.
I have a blackout blind to buy and a bag of nappy sacks, this is all. My tens machine arrived yesterday but you can't use it until week 37 and I wanted to try it out, never mind not long to wait.
I also did the tour of the hospital last night just in case, man it depressed me. It so doesn't fit with hypnobirthing at all and would totally stress me out unless I needed medical attention or the baby does. I really hope that we can have our homebirth and do it our way.

Lovely nursery Acorn! I have the baby's cot and moses basket set up as well as a set of drawers for all the baby's stuff but I really need to put in some decorative touches to make it a bit nicer for baby as it has to share my home office for now. The room has kind of been split in half and the baby's area is very plain.

Lucky you MrsJerome getting all that stuff!

I'm going to my sister's house today to pick up a load of baby items from her. She's saving me a fortune.

We only have a few more things to buy - some more clothes for baby, car seat adapter for clipping the seat in and out (though the car seat fits by itself using the seatbelt so that's not urgent) and a few toiletries.

I got the last few items for my hospital bag yesterday too! Weird to think in just over 2 weeks we'll be "term"!

I know, 2 weeks and or LO's are officially ready if they decide to come! It is so exciting, bt also a bit scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->