I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Well....Midwife is pretty sure baby is still breech :( I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow to see exactly how she is positioned. Once we figure that out I have to set an appointment with an OB to talk about a possible version and go over the c-section process just in case. I am going to look into a chiropractor or acupuncturist and give that a try before the version though.

Preethi, congrats on getting to go home! Hope you get finally get a little rest then!

Acorn I hope baby turns before then, although I am a great believer that if a baby doesn't turn there is a reason. I know lots of people have had great success with the Chiropractor although it usually took 3-4 sessions. On the plus side you get to see baby again.

All is well here but I have developed some kind of red rash/mark on my groin area, no itching, no raised bumps almost looks like a wine stain. I am going to the docs to make sure it isn't anything that can cause problems for baby or I.

Preethi, glad to hear you're taking her home soon! :D

MrsJ, lucky you with the bargains and that gift! Babies R Us here are really annoying with discounts. They keep sending me coupons but I can only use one at a time. Any other shop would let you use all that apply.

Acorn, I've heard lots of success stories with acupuncture. Hoping it works for you.

And Hippy, hope you get the mystery rash diagnosed. Probably just another joy of pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like my body is just crapping out on me with all the niggly and embarrassing conditions that seem to happen.

Bring on the end of October!!!

My baby has been moving a ton, so I am not exactly sure why she isn't going head down. I really feel like she may just not have enough room. Hopefully the ultrasound will reveal more. I am very excited to see her again though :) My midwife said Moxibustion is really supposed to work. From looking online it's something I can try at home as well if I get the moxa stick. The midwife said a lot of times the acupuncturist will do it the first time and then give you some to take home. I don't really understand the science behind it, but it seems worth a shot!

I started having night sweats a couple of nights ago. I wake up in the middle of the night completely drenched. I asked the midwife about it and she said large changes in hormones can do that. Between that and some of my other symptoms, she said there is a chance I will go a little early, or at least not overdue. Of course no promises, but it still made me excited to hear :)

Preethi..yay on going home!!!...Im sure it will make things a lot less stressful and enjoyable once you get into the swing of things on your own..yay!!..cant wait to see more pics..I bet shes grown a ton!

Hippy...No idea on rashes...maybe just extra blood flow? I know I had a skin tag down there that is now huge!! because of the extra blood flow..Im hoping it goes away after shes born but if not will def be getting it taken off..I would say no itching and no bumps is a good sign though...

Stouffer...I hate babiesrus lol..but...its the cheapest place actually we have found that glider..its 20% off in store and then I have my 10% off registry thing..Idk if they will let us use both but hubby is going by to get it today after work since hes close to that area anyway...and I sent my coupon with him...I told him to ask them and if not of course just take the store discount..this will be the last freaking thing we buy from there... even their *free shipping* is a bust because it only covers up to $20...so it would still be $80! to have it shipped if we had to get it online if its out of stock in stores..so we will be buying it off amazon in that case because you dont have to pay tax and there is free shipping..

Acorn...hope the acupuncture works...maybe a pep talk too..I keep telling Brieanan to stay head down...and to stay in till atleast 37 weeks...so the nursery is done but then I told her she can come anytime lol..

Babies R Us is such a rip off. Unfortunately sometimes they have things you just can't get anywhere else :p I tried to use more than one coupon and they wouldn't let me. They also only let you use a 20% off one time coupon per transaction, so my husband and I have split up in line so we can use to. It's just such a pain! I am happy Target usually let's you stack coupons and coupon codes. Although Target's shipping on online only items a lot of the time isn't free which is annoying.

I just called BabiesRUs and asked and they said that we should be able to use the 10% with the 20% thing since the 20% isnt a coupon its a store thing..so we'll see...

a lot of the stuff on my target registry still..which is like...21 things...is free...if you purchase $50 or more...so it would be like..$34 shipping but we are only paying like $4...which is a good deal..and yeah they stacked the 20% and the 10% on target without any trouble..there are 4 things we have to pick up in store as they arent in stock online but otherwise we will just order it all...since we cant use the 20% thing in store...

The red mark is fading so I have decided to see what it is like over the weekend and if not better by Monday I shall visit the doctors.

Preethi enjoy being at home with Gemma.

MrsJ I too have told baby to come any time after 37 weeks, I am really hoping it is sooner rather than later.

yep me too..sooner than later lol lol....I just had a BP scare..I took it and it was 131/99!! and then I did it again..same thing...waited a little bit and did it once more and it was 114/82....so..I guess it was just a one time thing but Im going to keep checking it every few hours just to make sure...I have my appt tues so I will report if its crazy anymore...I sure hope not though..would hate to go in to my appt and end up being induced...we arent ready yet lol...just one more week is all we need lol..

anyone want to make any bets about if your LO will be here before Halloween ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kiUu6g65QI'

here is a video of Brieanan and her hiccups I took just a bit ago..

Mrs Jerome, how are you taking your BP? I am glad I don't have a way to take it at home!

Had my ultrasound...baby is for sure breech, but butt down so that is good. Her fluids looked good, so they think there is still room to turn. Current theory is that she is comfortable, and just doesn't see a need to move :p I have an appointment with an OB on Tuesday to establish a relationship with someone that does versions and c-sections just in case it becomes necessary. I have a chiropractor appointment Wed. That's the earliest they could get me in...I cried on the phone and she said she would see what she could do on Monday as the Doctor had already left. Not something I would normally do but it took me hours to find a chiropractor that took my insurance AND did the Webster technique, so I was pretty spent by that time.

Gosh I hope baby is here by Halloween!! I would be quite sad if she weren't. Crossing my fingers!

we have a digital cuff thing at home...so I check it randomly..hope your LO is cooperative and your appt goes well and she turns..and stays!

ahh, well hopefully it was a fluke! I have no idea how much/often BP fluctuates :shrug:

I expect baby to arrive well before Halloween. I think between the 10th and 18th October, but we shall see.

Ive picked Oct 17th as when I think she will get here..but I might change that after my appt tues when they check me..

I don't want to tempt fate by guessing a date. I REALLY want the baby here before Halloween though. I'd be quite happy if it came on the 30th or so. I want to throw Halloween birthday parties hehe.

My sister gave me my nephew's Halloween costume from last year. It's size 0-3 so might be a little bit big if bubs is here in time but it'll make for a cute photo :)

MY DD is 22nd, so the latest it should be would be 5th November. I hope it comes before then.

Some pics of Gemma. x we came home today.. one pic of her in the car seat today, the other one is just after her first bath in the hospital today and one of her on my chest yesterday x:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG00189-20110922-2021.jpg
    IMG00189-20110922-2021.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG00192-20110924-1637.jpg
    IMG00192-20110924-1637.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00193-20110924-1643.jpg
    IMG00193-20110924-1643.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
awww..shes too cute!!..she looks like a little starfish in the carseat! lol lol..and look at all that hair!!..she looks like she is doing just fine!!.. how much is she weighing now? and so glad you got to take her home finally!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->