I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

I hope that she decides to flip however if she doesn't do it naturally I would leave it at that personally. I strongly believe that babies stay breach for a reason and we don't always know why. I do understand why people consider version and want to avoid C-section but for me I would never do it.

As for engaging my baby pops in and out of my pelvis. I go from heartburn and not being able to breath and low pressure to the exact opposite and then a few days later Pickle moves out. Currently baby is moving all over at the moment. I am wondering if she/he knows how much pain I am in and is trying to help somewhat.

The midwife is doing my home visit next Tuesday which is very exciting :)

I am now at the point that if Pickle doesn't come by mid Oct asking for a C-section and considering I paid for hypnobirthing classes and have a pool in my back room this is a major thing for me. But due to the pain in my pelvis I can't see how I can cope much beyond 37 weeks. I am nearly at the stage that walking is becoming so painful that I can barely get to the toilet.

What reasons are you thinking of for why she would stay breech? Just curious... I know sometimes there may be a good reason, but at the same time I think some babies just don't move in time and then get stuck. I have had a ton of ultrasounds over the last few weeks, so we are quite certain there are no issues with the cord or fluids. I still haven't decided on the ecv yet. Of course I can always go in and tell them to stop if I feel uncomfortable. Hopefully she will just move and then I won't need to make this decision!

I can't be specific but I just have this feeling that babies know if there is going to be a problem and so stay breech. I do know that some get stuck as well due to staying in wrong position too long. But I just believe that everything happens for a reason and that we never know why some things just are. I don't expect anyone else to think this, my hubby totally disagrees with me for example.
Having said that babies have been born naturally breech for years and it is only in recent years that we now tend to routinely be offered c-section for breech babies.

Hope youre all doing ok, ive been so busy at home and so tired, the first week is really tough, plus she has some colic and reflux so having to deal with it all,

i havent had time to read through all of your posts or come online really, hope youre all doing well xxxx :hugs: to all of you

Hippy, I actually wanted to try and deliver breech, but there is only one doctor in our whole area that will attempt them and it would mean changing hospitals, doctors and everything. The midwife was very supportive about me possibly deciding to do it, but said it's not as successful with first time moms. I guess if I am going to end up with a c-section I'd rather it be a planned one than an emergency one.

I went to the chiropractor yesterday. I have to say it wasn't very pleasant! She did a lot of adjusting and afterward my vision was blurred. I left the hospital and started to really freak out so I called back and they told me chiropractic has nothing to do with vision and it was probably because I was on my face for so long. It took over an hour to go away. I am supposed to go back tomorrow, but I am a little scared. We were watching her move last night and totally thought she was going to turn but then she stalled! I thought we were so close!

Preethi- sorry about the colic and reflux! I'd imagine that can get pretty frustrating! Hopefully it will settle down and you can get some much needed rest soon!

my little one is moving loads at the moment. I am worried he/she is going to move out of position, she has flipped to transverse then back again. I think she is getting squashed too much now.

Hope that Gemmas colic improves soon Preethi

Tell that baby to stay put Hippy ;) Hopefully soon enough he/she will engage enough that she can't do that anymore!!

Hey ladies. I went to my normal midwife appointment on Thursday. She checked my cervix and it was still closed, which is good at this point. She tried to push the baby's butt out of my pelvis vaginally and she didn't budge at all. She said normally even if a baby's head is engaged she can push them up if she wanted to. Based on that she really thinks the baby has gotten herself stuck and I agree based on watching the baby attempting to turn. We are thinking the ecv is what she needs to try and get her out of the pelvis. I am still seeing the chiropractor to make more room for her. We will be doing the version on Tuesday. My midwife has scheduled it so she can be there with me, which makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing.

I started getting a bad head cold a couple of days ago, so I have been sleeping a lot the last couple of days, I am hoping after more rest today I will be on the mend. I have my maternity shoot tomorrow so I am hoping I can pull it together for that!

awww..so she really got wedged down huh..kinda of like we get wedged on the couch lol lol..well I hope the ECV works and its good that she wanted to be there for you too!! hope you feel better...ive felt really weird the past few days..LO is moving soo much..my tummy hurts/gassy after everything I eat..Im just hoping its all good signs lol.. we are all sooo close!! cant wait to see pics of all our cute Oct babies!!!

oh.... has anyone decided to dress up LO if they make it a bit before Halloween?

Ha ha, Mrs Jerome, I definitely feel for her being stuck, lol. I had gas issues like that last week too. Hopefully it's the body preparing!

I have a little ladybug sleeper that has a matching hat with the little antennas in newborn size and then I have a little pea in the pod costume, but the costume might be a little big. I just kept the tags on both in case I need to return. Hopefully we will all have babies by then and can post pics :)

Acorn & Hippy, so sorry baby is breech for the both of you, and that c-sections might be in order, mine was the same case, and although i wanted a natural birth so badly, a c-section was not half as bad as i had imagined.. and i didnt have to go through the contractions for a long time.. it was for about 4-5 hours.. and after that experience, i would want a section again.. although each to their own and i hope for your sakes, that baby turns soon for the both of you.. xxx

Stouffer, waiting and Mrs J,,, watermelons all of you !! can you believe you are all going to give birth this month,.. must be such an exciting time for all of you.. xxx

AFM, she gained weight at her one week appointment yesterday, she is 2.2 kg now, so she put on 200gms in 4 days and im pretty chuffed with that ! x

shes got bad reflux so im trying to get my hands on some infant gaviscon as its not available in dubai..

pretty tired and nothing much to report, hope i havent left anyone else out.. xx hope youre all doing well xx

Baby isn't breech for me, my problem is he/she popping in and out of my pelvis.

I went to get my nursing bras yesterday and I have gone down two back sizes since I was last measured so baby must have dropped somewhat. I have my home visit booked for Tuesday, hopefully this will go well.

I have also been taking cala phos and arnica tablets for my SPD as recommended by my friend who is a homeopath and it has made a HUGE difference and really helped a great deal. I can't recommend them enough.

Re Halloween, I have a little pumpkin babygro and matching hat for baby just in case it comes out in time. My friend bought her 8 month old the same outfit so it will be funny if we can get a picture of the two of them together!

I don't think my baby's engaged yet but it's thinking about it. Last week my midwife said it was on the brim. I'm not at all worried about it though because I think when contractions start it will push the baby down anyway. Just hope baby isn't too comfy in there that it won't want to come out any time soon ;)

Anyone do anything nice this weekend?

We have spent today and yesterday cleaning and tidying. SO BORING! I feel a lot better now most of the stuff round the house is done. It's just maintaining it now until the big day.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Ive primed the dresser and side table for the nursery and today Im painting it while hubby is out with friends at the shooting range..and then we're moving it in the room tonight and I might organize tonight or tomm depending on my energy level...cant wait!

We had our last shower yesterday. Today im washing the rest of the clothes and putting them away. Weve got almost everything we needed. I ordered the rest pnline with gift cards. I know we need more diapers, but dont really want to buy anymore in sz newborn, bc i doubt he will be in them that long. I think weve got way to any wipes, but im going to wait to take any back.

My MIL made us two canvases that are painted with the same jungle theme that matches our rug. When i walk in the room, i think, geez it takes alot of stuff to care for the baby. Now im looking for a bookcase and toybox. Im not in a hurry tho, just on the lookout. Weve got a pretty good sized nsy, and i feel like its already packef.

Im not feeling any pressure yet, so im sure that baby is still high. I can tell by feeling that hes still head down tho, so thats one good thing. For everyones that breech, are u getting a version? If so, when? At work, its always interesting to see if theyll flip or not. Sometimes it only takes a sec and then other times, they are very stubborn.

Were almost there girls!

I had maternity pics taken today, It was a beautiful day out for them! I hope it stays this warm so I can get a few walks in with baby before it's freezing outside!

Preethi, great news on the weight gain! Thanks for the encouragement on the c-section. I really think I have come to terms with it. I would still prefer a natural birth, but if I need a c-section then I am ok with that.

Waititng- It's exciting to have almost everything, huh? It's feeling real! I have my version on Tuesday. We think if we can just get her butt out of the pelvis then she will easily turn, I am anxious to see what happens. I really just want it over with!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/756265-nursery-done.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->