I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

It looks great!! You did a really good job! I love the bead board. Our swing is one of those cradle swings too. Its the "my little lamb" one. They seem really big to me, but oh well. I saw a hamper in your clpset. That reminds me that i need to get one.

thanks!!..hubby is soo proud of the walls..he did them all himself..it was just just a plain wall covered in ugly old wallpaper...blah!! here are some pics of the room before we started the nursery plans...and thats the dresser..yes..the same dresser!! lol...

Attachments

• P2280583.jpg
    P2280583.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
  • P2280584.jpg
    P2280584.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
  • P2280585.jpg
    P2280585.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 4
That's quite the transformation Mrs Jerome!!

Just got out of the hospital, and they were able to turn baby!!! They had a very hard time getting her out of the pelvis and they about gave up...they asked if I was willing to try one more time and that's when she turned! I'm not going to lie, it was painful and I am so glad it is over with! I am currently bouncing on my exercise ball to try and engage that head :D

oh yay!!!!! congrats....soo happy...I was on my ball last night and hubby was laughing at me coz I was bouncing in time with him playing his music lol lol.. no change for me at Drs today... hmmppff...I hope something has happened by my next appt monday

Great news Acorn.

I ended up having a scan yesterday and baby is head down and very low, they think it will only be a few days before he/she comes along :) So long as it is Friday or after I don't mind.

That's great Acorn! I was reading in one of my baby books that it would be very hard for baby to turn out of the head down position at this stage so it all looks good!

I don't have any appointments this week but will see my doctor next week for measurements, blood pressure etc. I'd love to know if anything was happening but I don't feel any different so I don't think baby has started to engage. Much as I hate internal examinations it would be nice to know if I'm dilating.

Thanks everyone! I am sore today, but totally worth it if I get my natural birth :) I am so happy my midwife came to the procedure. When she said she'd be there I figured she was already going to be at the hospital, but she actually came in her street clothes on her time off! Very impressive. Is it normal/appropriate to get a midwife a small gift or to bring in baked goods to the hospital?

Hippy- That is so exciting!! I am jealous you are so close!

I have my regular midwife appointment tomorrow. Hopefully the baby will have engaged a little by then. When they monitored me after the procedure I was having a bunch of little contractions. The midwife seemed pretty excited about them, so maybe she will come sooner rather than later! My cervix was closed last week, so I am hoping for a little dilation. Internal exams have never really bothered me...hopefully that means delivery won't be as bad, lol.

I wish in the UK they checked to see if we were dilating and checked out our cervix but they don't. I am 37 weeks tomorrow and so project eviction begins.

wow thats great news hippy !!! glad baby turned and is head down.. xxxxx

Almost 38 weeks now :) Hippy, what do you have in mind for project eviction? We need to compare notes, lol.

Ok ladies, I need a sanity check here! Friends of ours are getting married this weekend and it's my birthday Sunday. We want to go to our home town for these events, but it's a little over 4 hours away. I was going to wait until after my appointment today to decide for sure, but I am really torn. I want to go, but I don't want to stray too far from home. My midwife was going to make copies of our hospital records and we have figured out the nearest hospital that takes our insurance just in case something happened while we were down there. I told my boss and she flipped out and told me it was a terrible idea (I didn't ask for her advice, I just told her why I was taking Friday off). Anyway...what do you guys think? Am I entirely crazy?

lol...idk...I want to go to the crocs outlet about 45 mins from here but then again Im like..eh..I'll end up going into labor so maybe we'll just wait....I guess it depends on how you feel..I mean if your midwife tells you that you are like 4cm dilated and +2 station then I would prolly not go lol..

Yeah, I trust that the midwife will give me her honest opinion. I wasn't dilated at all last week, and if I am not today I wonder what my chances really are of going into labor over the weekend? I am not terribly comfortable going, but everyone is so excited to see us and wants to see me again before I go into labor. I think I would feel pretty bad if we stayed home and then she doesn't come for another 3 weeks :p

yeah it was nice for us to go home two weekends ago and see everyone before I pop...unless they come visit us after shes born..hopefully just my mom and maybe dad and then my grandparents for just a day...we wont see them again till Thanksgiving

Just got back from my dr. appt. I hadnt been checked yet, and she asked me if i wanted her to. I said no, because i figured i was closed thick and high. I didnt want to be disappointed. DH wanted her to, so we would know where i was at. She laughed and said, yea because your not the one being checked. Very true!
So, i was 1cm and 80%. Baby was still high though. I was excited though. My next appt is next Thur. and shes going to strip my membranes. Hopefully that will do the trick. Definetely seeming alot closer now!

Waiting, glad your appointment went well! Is there a reason she is going to strip your membranes so early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->