I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

lol lol...Im doing it even though Im not past..I figure it cant hurt..and I still have my bones lol lol..no swelling for me..not sure how I managed it but none at all..now watch me go into labor and the last day I'll have balloon feet lol lol..

Im also considering trying this today lol..knowing my luck the installation men will come right when Im doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS_zkvTMdUM&feature=related

Hmm well my appointment wasn't very informative. She wrote on my notes that the baby's head was still free but she didn't check where the head was (that part always hurts!!!). So I'm none the wiser.

Bummer Stouffer! When do you see the midwife next?

I am fuming, fuming. I saw the horrid midwife again and she said that again due to my height she isn't convinced about a homebirth. So far she is the only midwife from community team or hospital to be down on this and use my height as a reason. I was told by the hospital last week to ignore her as no reason I can;t give birth at at home, but oh how she upsets and winds me up. I didn't even mention a sweep or the pain I am in as I figured this would just be another negative about being at home.
She then said she was going to speak to the consultant about me, I do not give a flying f*ck who she speaks to, unless you can show that my hips and pelvis won't allow a baby to come out and that I need a c-section then I am not leaving my house. If I can have a natural birth at hospital I can do it at home. Oh I am so mad right now. What also annoys me is the hospital is 7 minutes away and so any problem I can be there in no time at all. :(

Arrrggggggg! rant over.

Hmm well my appointment wasn't very informative. She wrote on my notes that the baby's head was still free but she didn't check where the head was (that part always hurts!!!). So I'm none the wiser.

If the baby wasn't head down she would have said, free just means that it isn't in your pelvis. On your notes if they have a question about baby being head down it would say query breech? Honestly don't worry.

thats ridiculous hippy if the hospital is that close and you have had a fine pregnancy and the baby isnt measured to be ginormous or anything...and shes still giving you trouble..prolly just to cover her ass..

Yeah I was just annoyed that she didn't even check baby's head. I know it's still head down but usually they have a poke around to check if its in my pelvis at all. She hardly felt the bump at all :(

Next time I see my midwife will be at 40+3.

How annoying for you Hippy. Hopefully when she has a word with the consultant about you they'll just tell her what everyone else knows - that height has nothing to do with your ability to give birth. That's such a ridiculous thing to say. Could she potentially be delivering the baby if you have a home birth?

I lost a bunch of plug a few hours ago :) No bloody show or anything yet. I have lots bits and pieces before, but this was a lot. Of course my hubby is taking credit for it from DTD, ha ha!

Mrs Jerome- That video is hilarious. I don't think I could dance like that without totally being out of breathe right now!

Hippy- Sorry you had such a bad experience, hopefully you won't be seeing any more of her. That's ridiculous!

I havent lost any plug at all..hmppff!! maybe if I danced like that I would lol lol..Id end up breaking my pubic bone in half prolly lol..and then be screwed lol.. wouldnt attempt that dance unless I had a life alert bracelet lol..

good news Acorn one step closer :)

She could potentially be one of the midwives that attend the birth but I am hoping that as there are loads of community midwives she won't be the on call one.

I can barely stand up so certainly wouldn't be able to dance. I have physio today followed by reflexology.

Full moon last night and we're still here :p I had a major cleaning fit last night and didn't sit down from the time I got off work until like 4 hours later. I cleaned the outside of the cabinets, sweep and scrubbed the floors, dusted, washed our bedding, organized baby clothes and reorganized the hospital bag. Tonight I have a little more organizing to do, vacuum, and clean the bathrooms. Then I am 100% ready for baby! I am pretty sure if the house is ready then she HAS to come :haha:

Well having the house ready isn't working for me :lol: Come on baby!

Anyone else suffering insomnia?

Yes! I think mine also has to do with working night shifts. That and my hips kill me from having to sleep on my sides all night. I cant wait to be able to sleep on my back again. Im just ready to go back to my prepregnancy body!

my hips are killing me too!!! soo annoying... I need to clean my bathroom floor and then do some laundry...her last load of clothes that I got yesterday in the mail are in the dryer right now...so...just waiting....

Im sooo tired!! I cant even begin to start cleaning up and getting things ready :(

only 4 days till your induction?! we have 19 days for her to get here or Im induced Nov 4th

My dads getting back in town the 21st. Sometimes well do inductions on Saturdays, if so im going to schedule it for sat the 22nd, if not my due date of the 24th sounds good to me. If he were in town on Monday when i turned 39 weeks i would schedule it then.

nothing here yet. Although after reflexology my BP went up slightly which my reflexologist took to be a good sign as apparently your BP goes up prior to labour. I think this was just wishful thinking.

The physio again told me not to do anything, no bending, walking, standing etc. I am getting fed up of wanting to do stuff and not being able to. She did say that my pelvic girdle pain/SPD should go away within 2 weeks of the birth but that I need to take it easy for at least 6 weeks afterwards. She also left me an open appointment in case I need any physio after baby is born.

Just noticed I'm into single figures. Doubt bubs will be here before my DD though :(

Woo hoo for single digits! I am excited/nervous for my appointment today. I am hoping I have made some progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->