I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Great news Stouffer, so very happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures of little Corin.

Im making a Baby Cake...hoping the smell of warm vanilla cake will draw her out...I figure if it works we can take it to the nurses at the hospital..if it doesnt..least I'll have something yummy to snack on while I wait lol lol...

I keep making "nurses snacks" too, lol. I made smores caramel apples last night. My plan was to bake something, wait a day, and if she hasn't come eat it for myself, then start baking something else. :haha: Can't decide if I want to make cake balls or cookies tonight ;)

just back from 39 week appt..sweep was ok..nothing horrible..just felt like a more forceful dilation check....blood pressure was up...and didnt go back down when I was laying in the recliner for a bit so they did hypertension bloods..waiting on those results...and sposta go back this thursday instead of next monday to check again...so hoping the sweep works..and not sure what they will do if the bloods come back bad or my next appt is bad..might induce me early I guess since Im already at 39 weeks...waiting to seee....

Im going to ice and decorate the cake today...will post pics when Im done

I have been sick to my stomach all day, ugh. Hopefully it's a sign of something starting and not for nothing!

Mrs Jerome, I hope your sweep gets things started!

I was feeling sick all yesterday. My midwife called today she has booked me to see the consultant at the hospital today as she still isn't happy about me having a home birth given my height. This is so annoying as lets face it they can't make me go to hospital for the birth.

Sorry you have to go through that Hippy. That's so annoying! Hopefully they will just give up soon, or you can go into labor soon so you can have your home birth without them bugging you ;)

Hippy, have you spoken to anyone that's in favor of the homebirth? Do u see many midwives or is it just this one? Do they have birthing centers there?

Hey everyone :)

Not long to go now. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling great Acorn, and sorry Hippy that your midwife is being so pissy about your home birth.

I'm just popping back with a photo.

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6033/6257944876_ece4509f77.jpg

I also wanted to update you on how I've been doing. I had a minor tear and a graze so had stitches. They're really not as bad as they sound so don't worry if you end up needing them. Also my bump is going down really quickly now. I'd say I look about 16 weeks pregnant now on day 3 and I haven't been BF'ing the whole time so it would probably have gone down a lot since then.

Here's some unsolicited advice but it's just a few things I thought might help to keep in mind. I hope it doesn't sound condescending.
3-4cm dilated seems to be the point where the pain gets quite bad so if you're close and they offer you some better pain relief you should take it then.
Gas & air is awesome.
Epidurals are awesomer and not that horrible to have put in. I'd prefer it to having a cannula put in any day. When you feel close to the pushing stage and think it might be wearing off ask for a top up. My anaesthetist couldn't get there in time so mine was half worn off for the delivery. Gas and air really helped though.
If you feel like you're getting close to pushing be insistent if they don't believe you. My midwife couldn't believe I was 10cm but the urge to push was impossible to resist and becomes involuntary anyway after a while.
Listen to your midwife round the ring of fire stage. I was told I saved myself from having a much worse tear by listening to them and slowing down at that point.
Lastly make it easier for yourself when you're pushing and don't worry about pooping. I was and tensing was really holding up my pushes. I didn't even poo anyway :rofl:

I've been having problems BF'ing because I was exhausted one night and let her do a whole feed with a bad latch. The next day my nipples were so bruised I couldn't do it. I've been using my finger and a syringe to feed her while my nipples heal and will try BF'ing again. It's really lovely to have your baby so close and so much better than making up formula and sterilising everything!

I'll be back to check in with everyone again soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that your babies don't keep you waiting too much longer and that you all have nice straight forward deliveries.

awwwww..she is too cutee!!!..awwwwww!!! love the panda blanket too lol..

I think im losing my plug!!! :happydance: woohoo...hopefully that sweep worked and this is the start of something!!

Beautiful Stouffer!! I am so excited for you...can't believe we will all have one soon :)

Yay Mrs Jerome! I think losing my plug and being dilated to 3 has been more of a bad thing for me. I keep expecting something to happen now and since it hasn't I have been really emotional. I keep thinking I will go into labor at night, so when I wake up in the morning I am in a pissy mood. I don't think I would be like this if I was expecting to go to my due date or later. Also, all at once last night I started getting the texts/calls/messages from family and friends wanting to know if anything is happening yet. I know they are excited but it's SO annoying. My husband told me to start telling them I had the baby 2 hours ago and just forgot to call :haha: My female boss made the mistake of saying "your still here?" when she came into work yesterday. Not a good idea. I pretty much flipped out on her :blush:

ha ha...yeah my mom calls everyday...and I guess she reports back to the rest of the family..lol... im also tempted to call and tell them oh yeah shes been here a few days...opps!! lol lol..

Oooh, good luck MrsJerome! I just wish i had ANY signs, but no!

My mom called last night and asked me what I was doing to induce labor, proceeded to give suggestions and then told me to call back in a few hours when I went into labor. She thought she was being pretty funny but I wanted to strangle her! She calls every other day, so I wasn't surprised by her, but then I started getting messages from friends and texts from the in-laws last night. Oh and my grandma messaged me last night to ask if there was a poll for when I was going to go she could join in on. They are all a bunch of nuts I tell ya!

lol...my mil doesnt have my number and if she did I wouldnt answer...I dont have texting thank god so no one does that... im just so relieved that none of them live close just this once....so they arent popping by and planning on stopping by the hospital...least I'll have some peace and quiet till the inlaws come a few weeks after shes born..

Lovely Stouffer.
As for homebirth every midwife I have spoken to apart from this one midwife has been supportive and everyone agreed my height isn't an issue. The consultant said they only had to say no as they were asked the question and if nobody had questioned it then they wouldn't have said anything. I think even they were just being over cautious should something happen.
I am going to ignore advice and proceed as planned, if birth is slow and any indication of a problem I will go straight to hospital.

I am not losing my plug or anything but I am still contracting a fair bit.

so they said that none of them want you to do it just because they were asked but if they hadnt been asked they wouldnt say anything..but they are just trying to cover their asses..I would be soo pissed at that one midwife for causing problems..im sure you'll be fine....

as for me now..definitely feeling some contractions..no sure if its real or BH..it definitely makes my stomach supper hard all over and takes my breath away..not from pain but just from the tightness...I went walking again for about 15-20 mins...walking hard and fast and then got in the therapy pool..its nice and warm...but not hot..oh it was amazing..and now losing more plug too...cant wait to see what happens...

I've been contracting since 1130 pm it's now 2 am here. They started every 6-7 min. Now they are 4-5 min. Going to wait a bit longer before going in. Hope this is it!! Will try to update

Great news, hope all goes well waiting.
I am having on off contractions but nothing with a pattern. I think this baby is happy to stay put despite me being told I would be early.

Ooh, its all happening now! Apart from me! No signs here. I thought my waters broke last night, then i woke up and it was all a dream! Cruel cruel dream!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->