I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Waiting they gave me Lactulose, not sue what the US equivalent is, but basically it is a sugary syrup type thing to loosen stools, they also gave me suppositories for her. Shelleney was saying that her LO only goes every few days so I am hoping that Alana will go on her own. I plan to wait until day 7 unless she appears to be in any pain and then give her medicine, online it says babies who are BF can go for days without pooping as they absorb all the breast milk.

Mine seems to have regulated now. He usually has 1 bm a fay now. But its massive! Its like thick paste that gets all over him. The smell is unbelievable now that hes on the enfamil! It just about makes me gag haha! Not funny tho at 4 in the morning. Luckily hes not pooping at night anymore

well she finally had a poo, so maybe she will just be a once a week girl while she is BF.

I go back to work in April (she will be 5 months) so will have to express and feed by breast when I can. I would like to feed until 12 months but will definitely try for 6 months at the least.

I want to go 6 months minimum.

For those still BF, how long does LO feed on each side?

well to be honest I swap boobs all the time as she gets frustrated easily and keep my supply up. But generally anywhere from 10-20 mins these days. what about you?

It varies quite a bit, but she eats 15-20 minutes total. Usually at least 7 minutes per side. Lauren is just getting to the point where when she is done one one side, she pops off and cries really loud until I can get her moved to the other side. Not very patient! She used to pop off and I would have to offer her the other side to see if she was still hungry...not anymore, she lets it be known!

Brilliant, Alana doesn't do that yet, but she isn't very patient. She gets frustrated very very easily and gets her bottom lip out if I do not pre-empt what she wants or do not respond quick enough. I have been trying to get a picture of her bottom lip but always miss it.

Back to breast, I always switch boobs apart from in the night as she then feeds for 10 mins max and then goes back to sleep. I have to say this is much better than the cluster feeding and feeling like she was always attached to my boob.

Ha ha, that is so cute hippy!! You will have to get a pic of it :)

How was everyones weekend?

Im going today to get the mirena put in. I wonder how long you have to wait for it to be effective? I thi k bc pills take a month. DH has had a stomach bug for the last 3-4 days. Im just glad me and LO didnt get it.

For everyone thats FF how much do they take in a day?

I put my nuvaring in two days ago and its still there lol lol..with it you are supposed to use another form of BC for the first 7 days from just the first one you put in then you are good...

formula wise...

Brieanan goes to bed around 11pm with anywhere from 4-6 oz....

then shes up anywhere between 5-8am with another 4-5 oz...

then up again around 7-11am with another 4 oz...

then around 10am-1pm with 4 oz...

then 2-4pm with 4 oz...

then starting at around 6pm and going till 9 or 10pm she sometimes just eats eats eats anywhere up to 6 oz total...

and then it starts all over with her 11pm bedtime bottle... so atleast 30oz+ ..every night before bed I make up a big bottle off 32oz so the bubbles are settled out and stuff by the next day and she goes through one of those and even a bit of another one each day

The midwife said 48 hours for Mirena to be effective. I got it last Thursday, but I have been bleeding on and off since so we haven't tried to DTD. If you haven't gone already....take ibuprofen first! I am glad I did. The midwife told me to because there would be some cramping, what she didn't tell me is that is feels like labor contractions! I am soo glad it lasts 5 years because it was not comfortable at all!

I have been sick since Saturday. Sore throat and congestion. Lauren hasn't gotten it yet though thank God! I hope she doesn't get sick before Christmas.

Lauren had her 8 week checkup yesterday. Everything looks good. She is up to 9 pound 2 ounces now. She also had her shots. It was terrible. My poor baby!

I hope you feel better soon Acorn.
I am dreading the injections, I don't get a 6 week check nor does Alana she goes in for injections and check at 8 weeks.

Brieanan has her 8 week check and shots Dec 29th...not looking forward to it..im going to call and see if I can give her some babyibuprofen a bit before we come in..

Yep got the mirena put in, VERY uncomfortable!

LO was 2 months old yesterday, he was supposed to go this week for his vaccines/checkup, but his dr is on vacation, so he doesnt go til jan 5. They told us to give him a 1/2 dropper of baby tylenol before we came. I got on the scale with him a few days ago and he weighed 13.8 pounds. What a chunk! Interested in seeing what he weighs at his appt.

The nights are going so much better now, finally! He goes to bed at 7. I go in at 10 and do a dreamfeed to hold him over. He wakes up one time around 3:30 for a feed, then usually sleeps til 7:30. I can handle 1 feed a night. Were finally getting some sleep!

How do you dream feed? Alana will not even try to latch on when sleepy or sleeping, she just shakes her head and continues to sleep.

Brieanan slept from 11pm till 9:30 am!!...however..our AngelSounds alarm went off twice..once at like 7:30 am and I ran in there and she was fine..it had turned off before I even went in there..and then I went back to bed...and then not even 5 mins later it did it again...but was off before I got in there so not even like 3 seconds....she had some how wiggled away from the middle of the crib..like turned sideways..so I think maybe she just wasnt on the sensor bad enough for it to pick her up...coz I swung her legs back over so she was in the middle again and it didnt do it anymore... very scary though

Well i FF, so i just pick him up, slide the nipple in and rub it on the roof of his mouth. Then hell start feeding. He usually takes around 4 oz. Then i puthim back down. It probaby wouldnt be as easy since your BF.

Thats the only time our monitor has went off too. He wasnt in the middle.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/littlejen/021-2.jpg
Alanas bottom lip when things aren't going her own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->