I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Just tried out my raz teehter, i think its to big for his mouth right now

Crap, have you tried a gum drop dummy you can out your finger in. I bought one for Alana she won't use it as a dummy but will chew in it, so I hope when the time comes it may help.

Havent used the gum drop ones he usually uses an avent soothie ( i think they look like th gum drop pacifier). Today hes been using the natursutten pacifier too. I think they look so cute

I know tjis is a little early, but ive been thinking ahead. When do you plan on giving LO baby food? 4 months, 6months? Most evryone in the weani g section goes with 6 months. I seriously doubt we will wait that long. Im thi king 4-5 months. Who knows, i guess well see when we get there.

Are you planning on making baby food, or getting jarred. At first i thought about making my own. Now ive thought twice. Most fresh produce here isnt organic. I figured if i was going to go to all that trouble than id rather have organic. The more ive researched it alot of the time the frozen food is better than the "FRESH" food on the shelves. So, after looking at everything, i think i miht just go with jarred organic babyfood. I like to look for sales, so im going to start looking. Our Walmart carries Earths Best. gerber has organic too, but walmart didnt carry hardly any. Maybe i need to checkKroger. Were very limited where i live with grocery stores. Itsucks!

I went ahead and bought earths best fruit and veggie stArter packs on amazon. I got them on sale.

So whats everyone thi king? Are you going to start out on cereal?
New topic to think about. Haha

gonna start out on cereal..already have a few diff boxes..oatmeal..rice.. and we are going to make our own

I plan on weaning around 4-5 months. Cereal for a while and banana and then it will be fresh food. Oops got to run dinner is ready.

I plan to make my own organic baby food. I will make batches and freeze in portions. Lauren is already starting to show interest in food, so I doubt we will make it to 6 months. I was thinking 5, but we will see. I also bought dried organic baby food that comes in little packets. You can add breast milk to it to make baby food. Mamabargains had it over 50% off the other day, so I bought some of that. I figured it would be good for travel since it is easy to transport and I like that I can mix it with my milk. I have a ton of milk stocked up in the freezer to mix with solids

Amazon link to the baby food I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ORGWK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I saw that on mamabargains youll have to tell us what u think when its time to try it. Ive got a really good food processor. I should try to make some now and see how it turns out. I just have a feeling when im back to work full time that when im off i wont want to be making baby food. I think if i wasnt working i would want to make my own.

I have a good food processor and I have the "baby bullet" that I got as a shower gift. I have several baby cook books too. I think if I make large amounts to freeze it won't be as much of a chore.

Waiting, I have heard good things on the food, but I will let you know when we finally get to try them :)

Think probably around 5 or 6 months once her hand/mouth coordination is good enough to feed herself a little bit.

The advice in the UK is 6 months so that's why most people on here wait until then. I'm going to see if she seems ready and will start a few weeks early if it looks like she's ready to start eating.

Not sure if I will go with the baby led weaning idea. It sounds good but also messy and my kitchen is tiny :( I may just give her a little mushed up version of the veg we're having and take it from there.

We have the 12 week vaccinations today. I am absolutely dreading it. Last time she looked at me like I was the one hurting her. I really hope I don't burst into tears as well. That would be embarrassing but definitely a possibility!

I am not a big fan of baby led weaning or at least I have only seen one person do it successfully. It certainly doesn't work at nursery. I think if you are happy to keep feeding milk then it isn't so bad. I'd rather let her explore food and have a spoon but still get fed, as one child we have at nursery started refusing milk but never got enough doing BLW but when we fed her she ate loads. She started to put on weight and have much more energy as milk just wasn't cutting it for her.

Yea, that does seem to be a big difference from the UK, most of the pediatricians(at least where im from) are fine with offering foods at 4 months.

Babiesrus is having a big sale on earths best right now. Their shipping is outragous, ineed. To make a trip to stock up.

I cant wait, i think it will be so much fun watching him try newfoods. It just shows how fast their growing up. :( it makes me sad.

You can wean from 4 months but the UK is now saying that BLW is the way forward and that weaning at 4 months can lead to obesity and overeating.
I want t try and start weaning as I go back to work, but today I told my boss I will do my ten keep in touch days by working 2 half days a week in April and then half days in May. I am looking forward to going back to work but at the same time I am dreading it.

We won't do baby led feeding, but I will let her explore the foods we are eating with her mouth.

Today I went through all of Lauren's drawers and pulled out her newborn clothes. Sad day! I can't believe how fast she is growing!

We are leaving Wednesday for a wedding in Alabama. Lauren's first plane ride! My head is spinning with all the logistics of traveling with a baby. It's a lot to do. Then we get back Sunday and I start back at work on Monday. Crazy!

I just did the newborn clothes clean out too and it made me sooo sad!! :cries:

Alana is just between newborn and 0-3 months. I stopped putting her in most newborn sleep suits now as I felt her feet were touching the bottom, but they actually just fit perfectly. I prefer her having a bit of space though. Newborn vests still fit her easily, she has longer legs than torso.

I must have a chunky monkey! Ive cleaned out newborn and 0-3 months. In carter's he's wearing 6 months, but most other brands 3-6 months. He went to the dr. on thurs, hes 15lbs. Hes 93% for weight.

Acorn, ill be thinking about you. Id probably go crazy too, thinking about a plane ride right now. Cant wait to hear how it goes.

OK, i got my randomness package from mamabargains today and my mystery bag from babyhalfoff. BIG difference. MB took almost 2 weeks to get here BHO took less than a week

Heres what i got from MB(they dont let u pick an age group)
Thomas the Train set ( 3 mini trains)
Wet sack
Leg warmers
Cute shoes ( i got lucky there 3-6months)
Glass bottle
I paid $28 dollars including shipping. I thijnk it MIGHT retail at $80, but is it worth $28, no way. From now on, ill stick to MB for things i know im getting a good deal on

Babyhalfoff was a hit!
UV sun hat for the pool
Fleece changing pad for diaper bag (really needed another one)
2 paci clips/holders
Teether
Picture frame
Glass bottle
2 silly skins (rubber things that go over bottles, so there easier for LO to hold)
Iplay insulated lunch bag (really nice!)
Travel blanket

I only paid $30 for the BHO order. Great deal! And you get to pick your size, i picked 6-12 months just to be safe. I follow them on FB, everyones mystery bags were alot better than MB.

Oh and another thing from BHO, not sure what it is, maybe a carrier cover. Probably just use it in the diaper bag. (something to put in the floor for him to lay on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->