I need HELP Losing weight.......

DueSeptember

Mommy 2 My Angel Maya <3
Reaction score
I am about 250 5'6...Everyone keeps saying I look fine but my Blood Pressure is up and I need Help trying to keep it Normal....

Before we TTC again I want to Lose weight but it is so Hard I always walk and Ive been drinking a lot of water...I know I need to watch what I eat but it is so Hard!!!

I even have a Healthy Coach through my Insurance company...She doesnt really Help me she just tells me to look at the web site which is not that Helpful...

My OH Helps with walking with me I want to join a Gym but I doubt I will even go...I am so Lazy...Maybe that is a part of the reason why I am so Big :(

We Lost our Baby at 24 weeks and My Doctor dont know if it was because my Blood Pressure was High or not...She just said "it Happens" so I want to Lose weight before we do try again...

Have you tried weight watchers yet? It works well for many!

I'm so sorry for your loss at 24 weeks. That had to be so hard to get through. :(

Have you tried weight watchers yet? It works well for many!

I'm so sorry for your loss at 24 weeks. That had to be so hard to get through. :(

No I havent tried any out source yet I want to try to do it alone but if that is my next step if I cannot do it myself...A little Help would be good :)

It has been hard but weve been taking it day by day

Hi, sorry about the loss of your beautiful girl. That's really a shame that your doctor could not be more specific about reasons for loss and if high BP was related.

Can you say what a typical day's meal would be like? Including any outings? At 250lbs and 5'6, I would suggest that around 2500 calories a day (bodyweight x 10 if obese, bodyweight x 12 if not) is a reasonable starting point. I know 2500 sounds like a lot but it really isn't, as you are likely eating 3000-3500 to maintain your current weight.

Try selecting foods that you can count (ie simple packaging - lean cuisine, etc). It's about baby steps, it's about learning portion control, understanding nutritional information, and then changing things as your goal progresses (ie. when you hit 200lbs, you can drop your calories further). It's important to not start out very low (ie. 1200 calories) because that sort of crash dieting can lead to metabolic damage - slow and steady WILL win the race.

If you go out, choose restaurants that offer nutritional information.
Some of my favourites
Subway: 6 or 12" with no cheese, mustard, grilled chicken and all the veggies you want
Wendys: Grilled chicken burger with no sauce, side potato with no sour cream, diet pop

Other chain restaurants offer info too, simple ones like Olive Garden etc. let you select better options. Check out the book "Eat this, Not That!!!" it's FANTASTIC. It is basically a handbook to the best choices when eating out. It's a US book

I won't lie - for you to lose any significant amount (ie. 50-75lbs), at a healthy reasonable rate with proper lifestyle change, it's going to take you a good year or more. But that year will change your life.

Keep up with the water and walking. As the weight comes off, consider other forms of training as well, but if you are happy with water + walking then keep it up. Take it slow and get more intense as time goes on.

Myself, I've been bodybuilding and powerlifting for about 8 years now. I also lost almost 40lbs myself, I know that's not a large amount of weight, but I kept it off for almost 8 years now and I am in the best shape of my life (well, sort of - I admit I still got a bit of post-baby changes to deal with!)

Thank you!!! I dont know how many calories I eat a day...I would say I used to eat and still do eat french fries my Dr told me to stay away from salty foods but almost EVERYTHING has salt in it...She also said try making my own dressing but I dont even know how to cook so making my own dressing was out of the picture...

I walk everywhere and only other exercise I do is :sex: lol I am so LAZY I would rather lay in bed and watch TV then to go out I need to start small though because if I rush it all then I know it will all just come back on me....I do drink a lot more water then I used to I used to NEVER drink it at all...I only drink diet soda but I am trying to cut back on that too because I heard that it's not good for you....

I need to eat more salads I did pretty good when I was pregnant with eating healthy since I never ate Healthy before...I eat pizza and crap food but I am getting better at eating Healthier but still need to fit in some veggies and fruits...It is SO HARD :(

Thank you!!! I dont know how many calories I eat a day...I would say I used to eat and still do eat french fries my Dr told me to stay away from salty foods but almost EVERYTHING has salt in it...She also said try making my own dressing but I dont even know how to cook so making my own dressing was out of the picture...

I walk everywhere and only other exercise I do is :sex: lol I am so LAZY I would rather lay in bed and watch TV then to go out I need to start small though because if I rush it all then I know it will all just come back on me....I do drink a lot more water then I used to I used to NEVER drink it at all...I only drink diet soda but I am trying to cut back on that too because I heard that it's not good for you....

I need to eat more salads I did pretty good when I was pregnant with eating healthy since I never ate Healthy before...I eat pizza and crap food but I am getting better at eating Healthier but still need to fit in some veggies and fruits...It is SO HARD :(

It's not an uncommon problem to not know how to cook! I honestly couldn't even boil macaroni and cheese when I first started, LOL.

Here are some great places to start
The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno (it's not a diet... that's just the name of the book)
The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Cosgrove (workout and nutrition information)
Eat this, not that (Men's Health)
Hungry Girl (a series of cookbooks that use simple/easy to find ingredients like fat-free cool whip etc). Here's a preview.
https://www.hungry-girl.com/

As for "how to cook" - How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. It is what culinary students use - it literally starts from how to crack an egg properly.

Education is key. There are many foods you can choose from that do not have salt.
Here's some more info
https://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/Archive.htm

Sorry about your loss.

What works for me is to not bring junk food into the house, so it all starts with my shopping list. If it's not in the house, then I have no option but eat what's there..Though now and then I treat myself.

It is a gradual process and learning of new food habits. You will get there. Good luck

It's not an uncommon problem to not know how to cook! I honestly couldn't even boil macaroni and cheese when I first started, LOL.

Here are some great places to start
The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno (it's not a diet... that's just the name of the book)
The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Cosgrove (workout and nutrition information)
Eat this, not that (Men's Health)
Hungry Girl (a series of cookbooks that use simple/easy to find ingredients like fat-free cool whip etc). Here's a preview.
https://www.hungry-girl.com/

As for "how to cook" - How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. It is what culinary students use - it literally starts from how to crack an egg properly.

Education is key. There are many foods you can choose from that do not have salt.
Here's some more info
https://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free/Archive.htm

Thank you!! I am going to look at those sites now...I want to watch my blood pressure though because it is not really high but I want to prevent it from getting up there and if I lose weight and watch what I eat I know I can do it! I am only 29 so I want to be Healthy and I know with extra weight its not good for the Heart either so i want to do it for myself not worried about what other people say :)

Sorry about your loss.

What works for me is to not bring junk food into the house, so it all starts with my shopping list. If it's not in the house, then I have no option but eat what's there..Though now and then I treat myself.

It is a gradual process and learning of new food habits. You will get there. Good luck

Thank you :)

Spoke to my Health coach today and she is sending me some exercise stuff..I am kind of excited about that...I am going to start a Journal soon and write down exactly what I eat so I can keep track of the Food throught the day :)

If you think you look fine then go on with current diet.To cook yourself try and try until you succeed.

hi :flower:
How are you doing? Im feeling the same as you at the moment, am desperate to loose weight just have no idea where to start, it all seems like too much effort :blush: I'd love to follow your journal when you have it up and running, maybe swap tips and give eachother a bit of moral support. x

hi :flower:
How are you doing? Im feeling the same as you at the moment, am desperate to loose weight just have no idea where to start, it all seems like too much effort :blush: I'd love to follow your journal when you have it up and running, maybe swap tips and give eachother a bit of moral support. x

Thanks! I would Love that...Motivation is the Best at succeeding :hugs:

If you think you look fine then go on with current diet.To cook yourself try and try until you succeed.

Thanks! I am just taking it one day at a time and walking seems to be the best thing trying to cut out soda but that is kinda hard lol

old habits are hard 2 break...sometimes its easier to just reach for what we're used to. we just have to make that extra lil bit of effort when planning meals etc...:)

old habits are hard 2 break...sometimes its easier to just reach for what we're used to. we just have to make that extra lil bit of effort when planning meals etc...:)

That makes a lot of sense....I Have been drinking a lot more water than I normally do because when I was pregnant I knew drinking soda wasnt good for the baby well caffeine period wasnt good...so I started drinking at least 64 ounces of water and been drinking a lot more since...Ive been walking a lot too Lost about 5 lbs since I had my Baby girl in June not a lot but it is progress :)

you're doing great, its better to loose weight slowly. keep it up :thumbup: i've just had a chinese so I think i'll start the healthy thing tomorrow :blush::haha:

you're doing great, its better to loose weight slowly. keep it up :thumbup: i've just had a chinese so I think i'll start the healthy thing tomorrow :blush::haha:

HAHA I love chinese food they just opened up a Hibachi place down the street from me and I have to fight temptation lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->