I need HELP Losing weight.......

you're doing great, its better to loose weight slowly. keep it up :thumbup: i've just had a chinese so I think i'll start the healthy thing tomorrow :blush::haha:

HAHA I love chinese food they just opened up a Hibachi place down the street from me and I have to fight temptation lol

:haha: its not easy

OOoOoH I know lol we will probably go there to check it out hahaha Hope it is nasty so we dont keep coming back...but I like cooked sushi!!

:dohh: well I think u'd be allowed to go just to investigate...and sushi is healthy right?:haha:

I havent been doing good at this healthy eating...I did start again on TRYING!!!!!!!!

MyfitnessPal is a really good tool to get you stared. It's a calorie counting forum and app for phones. I am following a low GI diet, lost 8lb since Jan x

MyfitnessPal is a really good tool to get you stared. It's a calorie counting forum and app for phones. I am following a low GI diet, lost 8lb since Jan x

Wow...I am thinking about joining this GYM that is near my House...$10 a month isnt bad for my Health lol

A gym is good. Have a look ay couch to 5k. I've been doing it and can now run 8minutes without stopping.

No its a running plan

https://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hi there,
Sorry about your loss. I totally understand your struggle.
A couple of things that might help :

1. Set yourself a goal and a timeframe. You already have the elements of that so just formalize it into a statement and write it down. For example : "I want to lose 20 pounds over the next three month."

2. Break your goal down into smaller increments and create a plan to achieve it. For example 20 pounds over 12 weeks is roughly almost 2 pounds a week. To lose 2 pounds a week, you have to be in a calorie deficit of around 7000 calories for the week (or 1000 calories a day). That means that you can consume less and/or burn more to equal a reduction of 1000 calories a day. Making some healthier food choices and a little exercise can easily achieve this. The point is if you break down your goal, it becomes a lot easier to work toward because you can track your progress.

3. Educate yourself on nutrients. Learn the difference between empty calories and nutrient dense foods. Just making healthier choices will have a significant impact. For example, opt for breads made with whole grains instead of enriched flour. Instead of juice, eat the fruit. etc.

These are just a few suggestions but you will see that small measurable changes will keep you motivated to take responsibility for your health.

Good luck!

Thank you!!! That sounds like a great plan!!! I have fallen off but I really want to do it before trying again so there is no problems with my bp being up and I know it has to do a lot with my eating habits because I LOVE FRENCH FRIES...I need to stay away from grease and salt...That will be the biggest goal if I can achieve that I know I can start eating healthier...I also need to start my exercising plan but since it is so cold outside I will do indoor activities now and then work my way around outside once it warms up

Best thing to do is diet and exercise I use to weigh 272 right after I was pregnant now I am down to 170... I walk about 7 miles a day and just eat right... Lots of water too. or in my case unsweet tea thats all I drink might have juice once in a while

Best thing to do is diet and exercise I use to weigh 272 right after I was pregnant now I am down to 170... I walk about 7 miles a day and just eat right... Lots of water too. or in my case unsweet tea thats all I drink might have juice once in a while

Thats my problem I dont drink enough Water...I LOVE Diet sodas but whats funny is when I was pregnant all I did was drink water...she didnt like anything else no juice, no soda just water she liked milk too I drank half a gallon once haha...but I used to walk a lot before I got my car....I need to start I am so LAZY i cant find motivation...

Hey hunny, im so sorry for you loss.

Your stuck in the same place i am. I need to lose about 75lbs to be healthy in my eyes and even these silly bmi charts think that is over weight. But my dietican think's that is reasonable for me. So i'm sticking with it.

This is what he told me:

DRINKS:
2 litres of water a day, i hate plain tap water so i opted for flavoured water. Same effect and it's a good place to start to switch to plain water. Or if you like your fizzy's. Go for diet to start off with and wean your self off them. I don't go for anything else but irn bru sugar free... 4 calories for a 500ml bottle and nothing else in it!

EATING:
A bigger breakfast leading to a small dinner. This way you are burning the calories off through-out the day. Rather then having a large dinner and sitting on the sofa watching tv (Will all store as fat.) When you have your dinner do something in the evening, get an exercise bike that way you can still watch TV, or try a fitness dvd or game. I've heard Zumba is good but i've never tested it (i'm deciding weather to buy the wii version).
Write up a food plan for the week that way your not deciding what to eat at 4:30 and decide a take-away is better because you don't want to cook. Also you know what to be buying when you do shopping.

NO meals after 6pm!!!

SNACKS:
Fruit or cereal bars, healthy but still filling. This way if you get peckish after 6pm it's healthy for you. Even a couple of cracker's won't hurt, but nothing more then 100 calories.

EXERCISE:
Walking is very good for you, the more the better!
But you need to mix it up a bit, a bit of walking one day and then maybe some swimming or an exercise bike the next.
I couldn't stomach a gym at the moment either. So i'll do it my own personal place. As i said before i've heard zumba is good to lose weight, i'm not sure myself maybe other ladies on here have tried it.
Anything works really as long as you are raising your heart rate. Find something that suits you and fit's around your life style.

I use MyFitnessPal to moniter everything i eat and do, you just put in what you eat and it will add all the nutrients up for you. But be honest with it, no shame in going over a little. About 2000 calories is best for you at the moment, same as me as i use to eat more. But this site has really helped me watch what i eat.

Get a calorie counter to see how many calories your burning by just walking. You could be surprised!!

Anyways hun i hope this helps you a bit.

Good Luck hun!!! xx

Thank you...it is hard because my schedule at work is 130-10pm and eating before 6pm is kind of hard....but I will try that out :) plus Ive been trying to eat healthier getting whole grain and wheat..crackers instead of chips.....I cut out all RED meat....I been eating chicken, turkey burgers, veggie burgers, etc...I need more veggies in my life and fruit but I know I will get there......I need my next pregnancy to go well so I can have my rainbow baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->