I need some advice about contractions urgently

Hi all, how is everyone doing ?
He’s so cute hun!
I’m having some troubles with my little one.
we’ve been put on a 24 hour feed plan because he’s went from 6lb 12 to 5lb 14 in his 7 days so if hasn’t drank 14oz by 12pm tomorrow he has to be admitted, and he’s only had Barely 3 ounces since then and we’ve only got till midday tomorrow.
other than that he’s so so so lovely.

Elliot James
7CA850C9-AC45-4FCC-97CC-2B0E0C16C7F2.jpeg

Aww he's gorgeous :)
I'm so sorry about the feed difficulties. I hope that the feed plan helps and he won't have to be admitted :hugs:

Aww he is adorable. Sorry about the feeding problems. Hope the plan helps and he doesnt have to be admitted <3

Congratulations hlx. So glad all went well in the end. He’s adorable xx
Congratulations too Hollie, soooo cute. Hope he doesn’t have to be admitted xx

Aww Hollie he’s sooo cute !!

Hope his feeding picks up . Just to reassure you DS was like this he had loads of mucus once this was fully gone he started feeding more. Xx

Back ache is normol after a epidural hon but shudnt be excruciating just more sore at the injection site. U shud feel alot better in a few days.

@Hollie West
I'm so sorry hon I know how scary that is. My DD was 5lbs 7oz at birth and dropped to 4lbs 9oz. She was already in hospital tho because she was in SCBU for 16 days.
It is a worry.
Let us know how he is getting on.

My back pain is getting worse each day I cant physically walk around and I'm struggling, the injection site is fine and isn't sort at all its mainly in the area surrounding it and it radiates to the top of my back :(

Enzo on the other hand is an absolute dream during the day, as soon as we go to bed he screams all night and wont settle, the only way to settle him is to put him in his baby swing, even though it isn't recommended it seems like he hates lying flat! Slept a solid 4 hours last night in his swing after screaming for 5 hours in his moses basket! Any advice I'm so sleep deprived lol

Anyway, this little one is turning into an absolute tank! Hes only 4 days old but hes massive! Hahaha

IMG_20191115_125329_586.jpg

Beautiful!
Aww I'm sorry he doesn't sleep well at night. Its so draining when they still have their days and nights mixed up isn't it. I hope he settles soon.

It is bev! But I'm starting to think the day/night thing isn't the issue because once he was propped up in his swing at night, he slept fine! I didn't have this issue with my other 2 they slept anywhere hahaha

Thank you everyone.

oh look at him how gorgeous !!
I found Elliot was like that for the first 4 nights and then he settled, although I’m not sure if he’s so sleepy simply because he isn’t feeding so he’s tired.

I hope you get some more rest tonight hun. I’m not sure about the sleeping in swing part, but it makes sense if he doesn’t like being flat maybe a bit of reflux?

we are in hospital as he’s only feeding 30/40ml every few hours and even that’s a push.

this morning he weighs 5lb 11
Xxx

Oh no hollie! I'm so sorry little man isn't feeding great, but it's good they are keeping an eye on him! I don't think its reflux hun, my second had that and it was a constantly battle between me and the wind lol! But the fact that Enzo sleeps fine all day, brings up his wind perfect and hes not even a sicky baby makes me think it's not reflux, but the sleeping arrangements:haha: your little man is absolutely gorgeous <3

Hes a smart kid bless him lol! Atleast hes dressed and looking amazing, me and the other 2 kids are still in our pjs! Hahaha time just goes with a newborn!

Aww congratulations hes gorgeous. I had an epidural with my 1st amd i suffered the same with my back. Unfortunately i still have back problems now 16 years later and it all started from the epidural. I do hope your back pain resolves soon. All you can do is take pain killers and try a hot water on your back. If pain persists i would definetly speak to your doctor.
Does your little one have a dummy maybe a dummy will settle him. I always said i wouldnt give my now 7 year old one but it was the only thing that kept her quiet. She had terrible colic too and would cry all night everynight it was really hard so i do feel for you. As for the swing i would not put him in there again as he will get used to it quite quickly and he will never sleep in the basket again. I know its easily done because we are so desperate to sleep but he will get used to it and you wont be able to take him out of it. My little one used to be a pain in the day aswell and only seemed to settle when the hoover was on so on days she wouldnt sleep i used to put the hoover on for a few minutes to get her off because i was going out my mind not sleeping, and my god was it a big mistake she wouldnt sleep any other time. It took ages to get her out of it. Try sleeping in the day when he is asleep if you can i know its difficult when we have other children and things to do. But even a little 20 minute power nap would help a little. Definetly get him back in the basket and try a dummy gently rock the basket and shush him till he goes off. Persist with it even if he cries, he will eventually give up and go to sleep. Next night do the same and he should cry a little less. Keep with it for a week or so he will eventually give up and go to sleep. Its difficult because we hate to here them cry but it will be worth it in the end. I hope he sleeps for you soon so you can get some sleep

Thank you for the advice hun! Last night I propped enzos moses basket mattress up with a blanket, and also swaddled him which he seems to settle lovely when doing that my other 2 never liked it and I do forget not every child is the same lol but... ENZO SLEPT ALL NIGHT well I say all night, he had a feed at 12, 3 and 8 and slept solid inbetween in his moses basket! I definitely think he didn't like lying flat, but it worked, and i feel like a new woman! :haha:

Also Enzo does have a dummy, I've given dummies to all 3 of my kiddies, and they've all been fab sleepers, Enzo is definitely on route to sleeping amazingly

Aww thats great glad he slept better. Ive got it all to come im already sleep deprived lol

Hi all, how is everyone doing ?
He’s so cute hun!
I’m having some troubles with my little one.
we’ve been put on a 24 hour feed plan because he’s went from 6lb 12 to 5lb 14 in his 7 days so if hasn’t drank 14oz by 12pm tomorrow he has to be admitted, and he’s only had Barely 3 ounces since then and we’ve only got till midday tomorrow.
other than that he’s so so so lovely.

Elliot James
View attachment 1072800
He’s so cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle